FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.2+] Boldbeast Call Recorder for Galaxy, HTC, Xperia, Moto G/X, LGE etc.

566 posts
Thanks Meter: 376
 
By boldbeast, Senior Member on 31st October 2014, 04:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st May 2019, 10:03 PM |#1041  
Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boldbeast

About the telephone number and contact name problem please see [007] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/cal...eshooting.html to know more details.

I installed the app from the official website.
The app has the permissions:
android.permission.PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS
android.permission.READ_CALL_LOG
The both permissions are on in app info.
But in the Privacy Protection I can see:
PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS allow
READ_CALL_LOG ask
I changed last to allow and now I have the call records with right call number and name!
The Following User Says Thank You to vip5912 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vip5912 Ad-Free
 
 
5th June 2019, 01:22 AM |#1042  
sjamie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,739
 
Donate to Me
More
I am running a custom Pie AOSP Rom (Codename Phoenix) on my OnePlus 5. I am able to get both sides of bluetooth calls recorded using the Call Recording Fix magisk module but there is a crackling sound in my recordings. I've been trying different recording modes but haven't found one that eliminates that crackling sound. Any suggestions?
7th June 2019, 06:07 AM |#1043  
boldbeast's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 376
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjamie

I am running a custom Pie AOSP Rom (Codename Phoenix) on my OnePlus 5. I am able to get both sides of bluetooth calls recorded using the Call Recording Fix magisk module but there is a crackling sound in my recordings. I've been trying different recording modes but haven't found one that eliminates that crackling sound. Any suggestions?

What kind of crackling sound? Please try to change "Call Settings - File Sampling Rate" to 16000 and 8000 and test again. Is there any difference?
19th June 2019, 05:38 PM |#1044  
str8str's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kitchener Ontario
Thanks Meter: 1,025
 
Donate to Me
More
Just to advise I'm on newest firmware and Android 9 on a one plus 5, custom rom. Using stock settings with root enabled, record mode 14, no magisk module tho I do have magisk installed. And everything works great. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to str8str For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift str8str Ad-Free
19th June 2019, 06:15 PM |#1045  
drjat's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Warrington
Thanks Meter: 114
 
More
What Magisk module?
19th June 2019, 06:20 PM |#1046  
sjamie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,739
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8str

Just to advise I'm on newest firmware and Android 9 on a one plus 5, custom rom. Using stock settings with root enabled, record mode 14, no magisk module tho I do have magisk installed. And everything works great. Thanks

Which OP5 custom ROM are you using? Is your voice and the caller's voice recorded at the same volume?
The Following User Says Thank You to sjamie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sjamie Ad-Free
20th June 2019, 04:06 PM |#1047  
boldbeast's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 376
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8str

Just to advise I'm on newest firmware and Android 9 on a one plus 5, custom rom. Using stock settings with root enabled, record mode 14, no magisk module tho I do have magisk installed. And everything works great. Thanks

Thanks for sharing.
21st June 2019, 01:04 PM |#1048  
boldbeast's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 376
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjat

What Magisk module?

The CallRecordingFix module inside Boldbeast Recorder.
Click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Install CallRecordingFix Module" inside the app to show the folder in which the module is saved, then use Magisk Manager to install it.
Some third-party ROMs can't record the caller's voice even if you grant root access to a popular recorder, the CallRecordingFix module can fix them perfectly. This module can fix call recording problems for almost all phones in the market.
The Following User Says Thank You to boldbeast For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift boldbeast Ad-Free
6th July 2019, 04:58 PM |#1049  
cimdrap's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 201
 
More
I'm on whyred (redmi note 5) with Havoc Rom (aosp custom rom). I purchased Boldbeast and never regret.
I use root option, everything works, but since i use Bluetooth earbuds it's happening strange and random things:
- i can't get the call recorder working at all
- sometimes works but the records are metallic and very slow (not understandable)
- Google assistant doesn't hear commands (i don't use voice match)
- it keeps not working even after unpairing my bluetooth devices untill some time when it works again, but i never got when and why precisely.

I'm ready to pass to miui again if it would help... Could it be Rom related or changing Rom is useless?
Attached Files
File Type: zip hardware_logs.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.44 MB, 2 views)
6th July 2019, 10:42 PM |#1050  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 405
 
More
hi all, big fan of this app! one question - does it work on android q beta v4? i used it regularly on 9.0.0 june update, but doesnt seem to work on q. much thanks in advance!
8th July 2019, 03:40 AM |#1051  
boldbeast's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 376
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimdrap

I'm on whyred (redmi note 5) with Havoc Rom (aosp custom rom). I purchased Boldbeast and never regret.
I use root option, everything works, but since i use Bluetooth earbuds it's happening strange and random things:
- i can't get the call recorder working at all
- sometimes works but the records are metallic and very slow (not understandable)
- Google assistant doesn't hear commands (i don't use voice match)
- it keeps not working even after unpairing my bluetooth devices untill some time when it works again, but i never got when and why precisely.

I'm ready to pass to miui again if it would help... Could it be Rom related or changing Rom is useless?

i can't get the call recorder working at all
=> From you log files, I saw your calls were saved successfully, for example the call at 2019-07-04 10:11:18.

sometimes works but the records are metallic and very slow (not understandable)
=> This is because you were using wrong sampling rate to record calls. Please change following settings in Boldbeast Recorder to make recordings crystal clear:
Call Settings - Alsa Sampling Rate: test 8000 and 16000
Call Settings - File Sampling Rate: Auto

Google assistant doesn't hear commands (i don't use voice match)
=> This has nothing to do with Boldbeast Recorder. This is related to the ROM, or Google assistant settings maybe.

it keeps not working even after unpairing my bluetooth devices untill some time when it works again, but i never got when and why precisely.
=> You should uninstall all other recorders in your phone. And you should disable OK Google. Why? Please see [001] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/cal...eshooting.html to know the reason.

I'm ready to pass to miui again if it would help... Could it be Rom related or changing Rom is useless?
=> ROM matters.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call recodring, call recorder, galaxy, htc, xperia

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes