FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.2+] Boldbeast Call Recorder for Galaxy, HTC, Xperia, Moto G/X, LGE etc.

566 posts
Thanks Meter: 376

By boldbeast, Senior Member on 31st October 2014, 04:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th March 2015, 04:23 AM |#301  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbeans2016

Update: Wanted to post in forum - after purchase message sent upon successful completion of your help getting Boldbeast call recorder working on my old phone. Also to state how super-high quality the recordings are. With memo feature not only will no call info be lost or threatening call be missed now memo is used for notes with Bluetooth and a recorder for in room conversations. Thanks for the excellent support!

Thank you for your troubleshooting this is a last notice to you let you know that on my phone: HTC One SV, that is rooted, S OFF does not require the root option. It works with just a simple install and changing to record mode 1. this works with Bluetooth headset & memo features work fine after I purchased it. Staying with the AMR record - file its 24 kilobyte for a 15 second call recording versus wave which is 214 kilobyte for a 15 second call. Thank you so much for your wonderful program and your patience in helping me walk through the demo to get it working.
Zach

Glad to know your HTC One SV works well, no root needed, just use "Record Mode 1 + Tune Special" to record calls, and bluetooth recording works also.

18th March 2015, 11:59 AM |#302  
Flag Tre
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boldbeast

Is this option already available? => Yes, in V7.5 when you click the Enable Rooted Options you can choose if set SELinux to permissive, when you click the Disable Rooted Options you can choose if set SELinux to enforcing.

Does recording work on Nexus 6 when SELinux is enforcing? => We have no feedback so far. I want to know it also.

I can confirm that recording works very well on Nexus 6 when SELinux is enforcing and when using the settings and app version "boldbeast_recorder_V75_nexus6.apk" provided on post #4. Thank you ! I will be buying the Pro version.

One minor "request" though. Could you implement an optional to auto clean up of old recordings? So that the app would delete recordings that are older than a time that would be specified in settings.
18th March 2015, 12:52 PM |#303  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kariharri

I can confirm that recording works very well on Nexus 6 when SELinux is enforcing and when using the settings and app version "boldbeast_recorder_V75_nexus6.apk" provided on post #4. Thank you ! I will be buying the Pro version.

One minor "request" though. Could you implement an optional to auto clean up of old recordings? So that the app would delete recordings that are older than a time that would be specified in settings.

Thanks for feedback, glad to know Nexus 6 works well without setting SELinux to permissive.
Thanks again for the "Auto Delete Old Recordings" suggestion, we'll add this feature in future versions.
19th March 2015, 05:17 PM |#304  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I am getting a force close after hanging up a call and sometimes during. Nexus 5, 5.1, rooted and using the settings below. The calls do actually record though. Is there a directory location for a log I can pass to you?

- Record Mode: 1
- Tune Special: No
- Change Audio Controls: Yes
- Change Audio Driver: Yes
- Start Input Stream: No
20th March 2015, 01:11 PM |#305  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markassbuster

I am getting a force close after hanging up a call and sometimes during. Nexus 5, 5.1, rooted and using the settings below. The calls do actually record though. Is there a directory location for a log I can pass to you?

Please click the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" item in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to boldbeast For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift boldbeast Ad-Free
20th March 2015, 02:45 PM |#306  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boldbeast

Please click the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" item in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me. Thanks.

Done! Thanks.
21st March 2015, 06:46 AM |#307  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markassbuster

Done! Thanks.

I checked your log files.
Boldbeast Recorder calls some Android native functions that have been changed in Android 5.1, this is the reason why the app crashes. We'll change the app accordingly to fix the problem. Thanks.
21st March 2015, 10:16 PM |#308  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
works on Moto G 2014 but, for god's sake please change that fckn icon and get rid of that tiger is weird
22nd March 2015, 01:40 AM |#309  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iudatt

works on Moto G 2014 but, for god's sake please change that fckn icon and get rid of that tiger is weird

When I have a such good application working, for me, boldbeast can put everything he wants, a tiger or something else, it shall be fine for me!
24th March 2015, 04:29 PM |#310  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thank you very very very much,it works on moto g 2014,
Can you please also guide me how to extract it mail to some other guy,I cant find any files on my mobile but recordings appear in the app,thanks again
25th March 2015, 03:30 PM |#311  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkriop

Thank you very very very much,it works on moto g 2014,
Can you please also guide me how to extract it mail to some other guy,I cant find any files on my mobile but recordings appear in the app,thanks again

In the settings screen of Boldbeast Recorder, please change the Clip Saving Folder to remove the dot in the folder name, for example change it from "/sdcard/.BBRec" to "/sdcard/BBRec", then the folder is no longer hidden, you can see all recorded files in the file manager, you can transfer them to your computer, send them to other devices, share them with other people. Of course other apps like Music Player can visit the files also. You can make the folder hidden again by add the dot in the folder name, for example change it from "/sdcard/BBRec" to "/sdcard/.BBRec", this will prevent Music Player to visit recorded files.

Updated 2015-03-07
--------------------------
From V7.7 by default the folder in which recorded files are saved is no longer hidden, and Music Player doesn't visit recorded files. You can use the built-in file manager to see them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boldbeast For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift boldbeast Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call recodring, call recorder, galaxy, htc, xperia

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)