FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.2+] Boldbeast Call Recorder for Galaxy, HTC, Xperia, Moto G/X, LGE etc.

566 posts
Thanks Meter: 376

By boldbeast, Senior Member on 31st October 2014, 04:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th January 2017, 04:05 AM |#901  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jago25_98

CsipSimple has this in the app itself apparently.
Of course this is SIP VoIP only rather than support for all types of voice comms. You need to be able to con Ecton with cSIPsimple

Yes you are right, it's simple for a voip app to add the recording feature itself, because it has the voice stream data.
However if a voip app doesn't have the recording feature (for example Skype, WhatsApp, Viber, WeChat, Hangouts, IMO, Facebook Messenger etc) and a third-party recorder wants to record voip calls - so far no solution for android, even if you root the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to boldbeast For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift boldbeast Ad-Free

13th January 2017, 04:18 AM |#902  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLosstarotXx

Thanks for the app, OP!
I have a Samsung S3 with the latest lineage OS unofficial build. I know my device works well according to the list of supported devices in this post. However, I notice the audio is too low with the default settings.

I checked the instructions here https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topi...-lollipop.html because I assumed that since this works with CM, it MIGHT work with Lineage. Mode 1 and 5 work, but the audio is low, better than default. Mode 4 does not work at all. The settings with mode 21 and 22 work but the recordings have a delay (if you make a 30 sec call, it records 20, that is, 10 sec later after you pick up) and the audio is worse. The settings provided by petardo I couldn't test because the Tune Samsung3 option cannot be enabled, no idea why.

I also checked the instructions in https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topi...recorder.html. With Auto Route 1 and 2 it works but it has the same delay and quality as modes 21 and 22. With audio route 3 it doesn't work at all. OP also mentions an option called Start Input Stream, but I don't seem to have it. The SELinux mode is set to enforcing, maybe it has something to do with that?

I can use mode 1 but with earphones in a quiet place. Since I don't have any reference, I don't know if the audio can be improved. Any ideas?

Hope my feedback helps!

Samsung Galaxy S3 has many variants, they uses different audio chips. Third-party customized ROMs usually change something inside, it's possible a ROM records calls very well but another ROM records calls very bad.
Can you please click the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" item in Boldbeast Recorder to send hardware log files to me? let us have a look at them and see what happened in your phone. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to boldbeast For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift boldbeast Ad-Free
13th January 2017, 03:55 PM |#903  
Flag Caracas
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boldbeast

Samsung Galaxy S3 has many variants, they uses different audio chips. Third-party customized ROMs usually change something inside, it's possible a ROM records calls very well but another ROM records calls very bad.
Can you please click the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" item in Boldbeast Recorder to send hardware log files to me? let us have a look at them and see what happened in your phone. Thanks.

I did, thank you! My phone is a GT-I9300, by the way.
16th January 2017, 09:05 AM |#904  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Galaxy Grand GT-I9082 is an old phone that uses a Broadcom chip, the chip is unpopular, third-party ROM developers and call recorder developers are not familiar with it.

From users' feedbacks I know following facts (tell me if I'm wrong):

If you are using the Samsung stock ROM Android 4.2.2,
- in some countries you can record calls in two sides perfectly.
- in some countries you can not record calls in two sides because Samsung disabled the call recording feature, in this case all recorders in the market can only record your own voice even if you root the phone.

If you are using a third-party ROM (any third-party ROM in the market), all recorders in the market can only record your own voice even if you root the phone.

Thanks
23rd January 2017, 10:19 PM |#905  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I have a couple of questions I haven't been able to find definitive answers to:

1) At some point in the last year, that small "standby dot" started appearing in the status bar after usage of the app. I understand, from previous replies, that it needs to tell Android to let the system run it, but even long after the call, the dot is still to be found in the status bar. What's worse is, I can't remove it! There's no swiping to get rid of it. If I want it gone, I'll have to force close the app.

Is it just supposed to stay in the status bar at all times?

2) Say I reboot the phone, the "standby dot" is now gone. But that means, when calling someone or if someone calls me, the red record button never appears in-call. So there's no way to record the call now. I have to start up the app, make the "standby dot" appear, and NOW the red record button will appear during calls.

Is this really how it works now?

Thanks very much for an, otherwise, very useful app.

PS: On Nexus 6P Android 7.1.1
24th January 2017, 04:15 AM |#906  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crylentino

I have a couple of questions I haven't been able to find definitive answers to:

1) At some point in the last year, that small "standby dot" started appearing in the status bar after usage of the app. I understand, from previous replies, that it needs to tell Android to let the system run it, but even long after the call, the dot is still to be found in the status bar. What's worse is, I can't remove it! There's no swiping to get rid of it. If I want it gone, I'll have to force close the app.

Is it just supposed to stay in the status bar at all times?

2) Say I reboot the phone, the "standby dot" is now gone. But that means, when calling someone or if someone calls me, the red record button never appears in-call. So there's no way to record the call now. I have to start up the app, make the "standby dot" appear, and NOW the red record button will appear during calls.

Is this really how it works now?

Thanks very much for an, otherwise, very useful app.

PS: On Nexus 6P Android 7.1.1

Here is the detailed information about the reason and the solution: http://www.boldbeast.com/android/cal...eshooting.html
Please see [002] and [101] in the page, that's exactly what you want to know.
24th January 2017, 01:51 PM |#907  

More
Quote:

Here is the detailed information about the reason and the solution: http://www.boldbeast.com/android/cal...eshooting.html
Please see [002] and [101] in the page, that's exactly what you want to know.

Thanks for the shout.

[002]
Quote:

When you are making an outgoing call the screen is on, all apps are activated in this case, outgoing calls can always be recorded.

This isn't actually the case, though. Even when I am making the call, the red record button doesn't pop up.

Being on a Nexus 6P, I follow these instructions:
Quote:

Open the built-in "Settings > Battery > Battery Optimization" screen, set Boldbeast to "Not Optimized".

However, when I try to make a call again, the record button still doesn't pop up. I, again, have to open the app to get the standby-dot to appear, and only after that will the record button appear in calls I make.

[101]
So to rephrase, the dot indicator is supposed to be in the status bar at all times in idle? And if I try to deactivate it, it'll mess with the reliability of the app when it comes to recording?

Thanks again
24th January 2017, 03:52 PM |#908  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Thanks

1. If you "Force Stop" Boldbeast in the built-in "Settings > Apps" screen, this tells Android that "I don't want Boldbeast to run", thereafter Android will no longer allow Boldbeast running, the in-call button will no longer be displayed, all your calls will no longer be recorded. Next time when you manually open Boldbeast Android knows you want it to run again, thereafter Android will allow Boldbeast running, the in-call button will be displayed, all your calls will be recorded again. For this reason please don't "Force Stop" Boldbeast, then the problem will disappear.

2. Yes, of course you can disable the "Standby Indicator", just click the option in Boldbeast to disable it. But at first you should set Boldbeast "Not Optimized" in the built-in "Settings > Battery > Battery Optimization" screen, just as said in the [002] part in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/cal...eshooting.html.

3. Now the "Standby Indicator" is disabled, but Boldbeast works reliably, all your incoming and outgoing calls will be recorded correctly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boldbeast For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift boldbeast Ad-Free
24th January 2017, 05:53 PM |#909  

More
Quote:

2. Yes, of course you can disable the "Standby Indicator", just click the option in Boldbeast to disable it. But at first you should set Boldbeast "Not Optimized" in the built-in "Settings > Battery > Battery Optimization" screen, just as said in the [002] part in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/cal...eshooting.html.

3. Now the "Standby Indicator" is disabled, but Boldbeast works reliably, all your incoming and outgoing calls will be recorded correctly.

I get what you're saying, and I understand that forcing it to close will do just that, but disabling this "indicator" won't that make the call recording less reliable? Isn't that what you've said in previous replies -- that if the indicator is disabled, then the button may not always pop up reliably?
25th January 2017, 04:12 PM |#910  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I get what you're saying, and I understand that forcing it to close will do just that, but disabling this "indicator" won't that make the call recording less reliable? Isn't that what you've said in previous replies -- that if the indicator is disabled, then the button may not always pop up reliably?

Please read the [002] part in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/cal...eshooting.html again, there are two solutions in it, use any of them then the app will work reliably. Use none of them then the app will work unreliably.
18th February 2017, 01:28 AM |#911  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:

We have no feedback from users about ZTE Axon 7.
Because this phone has the Qualcomm MSM8996 chip inside, please use following settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 1 or 5
- Tune Audio Effect: No
- Tune Audio Route: Group3

In theory it works well, no root needed.

It works well with mode 1 on LineageOS. Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to lentm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lentm Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call recodring, call recorder, galaxy, htc, xperia

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)