420 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,260

Post Reply Email Thread
18th October 2017, 08:42 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
63.0.3239.6 is released; see CHANGELOG here.

OP is also updated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to csagan5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift csagan5 Ad-Free

18th October 2017, 09:17 AM |#12  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by csagan5

63.0.3239.6 is released; see CHANGELOG here.

OP is also updated.

- What is OP?
- I just installed it from bromite.org and it is actually v64.3242.0 not v63 as stated above. How come?
- Change log says: "added x86 target CPU" so is it already included? If yes, the bromite.org site still only have radio button for ARM and ARM64 for download... no x86
- I guess the Bookmark sync will not work in this either as Google disabled it for third party builds, right?
- I guess donation will start coming once people start using your builds and are pleased with it
18th October 2017, 10:05 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangean

- What is OP?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OP#Internet I meant original post

Quote:

- I just installed it from bromite.org and it is actually v64.3242.0 not v63 as stated above. How come?

Don't know. The source code tag is exactly what I posted, the Google Chromium developers have probably changed the internal version string but not the tag.
If you build from the tag 63.0.3239.6 you will get the same version you found, not something I am responsible for.

Quote:

- Change log says: "added x86 target CPU" so is it already included? If yes, the bromite.org site still only have radio button for ARM and ARM64 for download... no x86

It will be there as soon as it's ready.

Quote:

- I guess the Bookmark sync will not work in this either as Google disabled it for third party builds, right?

The Google API keys are not embedded (would be pointless, I cannot pay for the quotas needed for a project of this size and the free quota would be exhausted in a blink); but you can always make your own and specify them via environment (not sure how that works on Android).

The only thing disabled are embedded API keys; everything else is enabled (except NaCl, still buggy compilation even after my patches).

Quote:

- I guess donation will start coming once people start using your builds and are pleased with it

Yeah, but I meant: requests that add more work for me would be better come from donors I have limited time and the server I am using for builds for sure is limited. Will not accept wide range expectations without any help I am not really Google (so I also don't profit from your personal browsing data ), just an open source developer
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to csagan5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift csagan5 Ad-Free
18th October 2017, 03:06 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:

coming up soon meanwhile, no donations received so far!

Thanks!
I will tried send some donation later although I'm not really gaining too much for now
The Following User Says Thank You to c-sanchez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift c-sanchez Ad-Free
18th October 2017, 06:38 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
X86 finished building and it's now available. Updated OP with information about future plans to build the stable Chrome release.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to csagan5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift csagan5 Ad-Free
18th October 2017, 06:42 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-sanchez

Thanks!
I will tried send some donation later although I'm not really gaining too much for now

No worries, I do this because I want an adblocking browser for myself (without root), and thought I'd share the build for others too. If I match the server costs I am happy already.

Thanks for your donation!
The Following User Says Thank You to csagan5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift csagan5 Ad-Free
18th October 2017, 08:00 PM |#17  
Flag Coventry
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Just donated. Good luck with this project, happy to see NoChromo live on and hopefully become something even better.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to James_Ward01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift James_Ward01 Ad-Free
18th October 2017, 08:37 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Ward01

Just donated. Good luck with this project, happy to see NoChromo live on and hopefully become something even better.

Thanks!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to csagan5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift csagan5 Ad-Free
18th October 2017, 08:55 PM |#19  
Flag Coventry

More
In future builds can you remove the Google sync feature since it doesn't work?
The Following User Says Thank You to James_Ward01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift James_Ward01 Ad-Free
18th October 2017, 09:44 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Ward01

In future builds can you remove the Google sync feature since it doesn't work?

Does it create any malfunction if left there?

I am actually planning to play a bit around with this to see if it can be enabled with API keys
The Following User Says Thank You to csagan5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift csagan5 Ad-Free
18th October 2017, 09:57 PM |#21  
Flag Coventry

More
Quote:

Does it create any malfunction if left there?

I am actually planning to play a bit around with this to see if it can be enabled with API keys

Well of course if you can get it working somehow that would be great! It doesn't interfere really, I just noticed when I restarted my phone it asked for permission for my Google account, I granted permission but it didn't work. I just think that if it's not working that it should be removed to avoid confusion for other users. I'm not sure it is possible to get it working, Google disabled 3rd party browsers from using the API and as far as I know no workaround exists but I don't know for sure. Great work though!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)