18,264 posts
Thanks Meter: 87,650

By flar2, Recognized Developer on 18th April 2016, 03:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th June 2020, 04:35 AM |#2021  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
On S9+.

Any idea why when I press volume down + power keys (to take screenshots) , it would execute the action I have set as bixby button long press?
1st July 2020, 03:26 AM |#2022  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
very nice and clean.occasionally my custom volume up and down buttons just return to their normal state.
1st July 2020, 03:13 PM |#2023  
Quote:
Originally Posted by yule dee

very nice and clean.occasionally my custom volume up and down buttons just return to their normal state.

Dontkillmyapp.com
Yesterday, 04:15 AM |#2024  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Yeah, me too, same problem with the volume buttons. I use to reboot my phone and they were working good for a day or so and after that they only work when screen is off (the volume works but not the remapping) for a day or so and after not at all… weird right?! 🤔
It's been like that many many months.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using XDA Labs
Yesterday, 05:56 AM |#2025  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jongariepy

Yeah, me too, same problem with the volume buttons. I use to reboot my phone and they were working good for a day or so and after that they only work when screen is off (the volume works but not the remapping) for a day or so and after not at all… weird right?! 🤔
It's been like that many many months.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using XDA Labs

It's not weird at all, Samsung is killing the background service. You need to exempt from battery optimization and also get it off the list of apps that are put to sleep if not opened frequently.
Today, 06:08 AM |#2026  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi all,

I am looking for a solution for the occasional breaking of accessibility service in Samsung phones.

Previously a simple off and on toggle of the accessibility service of just the Button mapper was enough to make the Button mapper work again. But in the recent days I noticed that a full reset toggle of all the other accessibility services or a full restart is required in order to make BM work again.

Below are the measures i have taken to keep the app alive on my S20+

1. Disabled app battery optimization.
2. Gave high priority notification access to BM. (and option within BM app)
3. My phone runs on 'high performance' power mode.
4. 'Adaptive battery' is turned off.
5. 'Put unused apps to sleep' is turned off.
6. Locked/ pinned BM on the task manager.

Despite disabling all the above possible battery optimization options, the accessibility service keeps breaking for BM.

This never happens to other apps I am using mainly an automation app called Macrodroid.

Now some might say macrodroid or some other apps could be the culprit causing issues to BM, but I have tried some other Button mapper alternative apps and they work just fine even without the above measures taken.

If the other BM alternatives can bypass Samsung's app killing nature, then I am pretty sure that BM can definitely do better. Please help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
button, capacitive, home button, key, remap

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)