I am looking for a solution for the occasional breaking of accessibility service in Samsung phones.
Previously a simple off and on toggle of the accessibility service of just the Button mapper was enough to make the Button mapper work again. But in the recent days I noticed that a full reset toggle of all the other accessibility services or a full restart is required in order to make BM work again.
Below are the measures i have taken to keep the app alive on my S20+
1. Disabled app battery optimization.
2. Gave high priority notification access to BM. (and option within BM app)
3. My phone runs on 'high performance' power mode.
4. 'Adaptive battery' is turned off.
5. 'Put unused apps to sleep' is turned off.
6. Locked/ pinned BM on the task manager.
Despite disabling all the above possible battery optimization options, the accessibility service keeps breaking for BM.
This never happens to other apps I am using mainly an automation app called Macrodroid.
Now some might say macrodroid or some other apps could be the culprit causing issues to BM, but I have tried some other Button mapper alternative apps and they work just fine even without the above measures taken.
If the other BM alternatives can bypass Samsung's app killing nature, then I am pretty sure that BM can definitely do better. Please help.