Open Camera is an Open Source camera app for Android that I've been working on.
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rge.opencamera
Or install APK directly from: https://sourceforge.net/projects/opencamera/files/
Open Camera is also available on F-Droid.
- Option to auto-stabilise using accelerometer so pictures are perfectly level.
- All the usual options like zoom, flash, focus modes (including a "manual" mode to only focus on touch), focus/metering areas, exposure lock, scene modes, color effects, white balance, ISO, exposure compensation, video recording.
- Options for timer and auto-repeated photo taking.
- Configurable volume keys (take picture, zoom, or change exposure compensation).
- Optional geotagging, including compass direction (GPSImgDirection, GPSImgDirectionRef).
- Option to optimise UI for left and right-handed users.
Auto-stabilise feature (n.b., icons look different as this is from an older version):
I want to make Open Camera better, so bug reports and feature suggestions are most welcome (either email mark dot harman at ntlworld dot com, PM, at http://sourceforge.net/p/opencamera/discussion/ , or leaving a comment here).
Also a request for help: one of the challenges I've had is the wide variety of different cameras or camera drivers on different devices, and sometimes bugs happen that I can't reproduce on my devices. In particular I've had various reports of problems on Cyanogenmod. If any Android developers out there are willing to help out with investigating issues on any devices/platforms you encounter problems with, this will help Open Camera become a better camera app and I would greatly appreciate it Or simply sending me a logcat may help.