FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.4+] Cast Controller | Watch Webvideos on FireTV/Chromecast (100 FREE COUPONS)

87 posts
Thanks Meter: 58

By xtools, Member on 17th July 2016, 12:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th July 2016, 09:11 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
suggestions
The app-icon is too much detailed up-right. I cant understand what it symbolize.

Also. the app should be named web-built-in-videos-cast.

or web-video-cast.

One question, how does the inside app-architecture work? Does it download offline in cache and stream seconds later, or does the app (cast controller) redirect live to the device (chromeCast eg.)?

Thank you very much for your effort
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cast controller.png
Views:	88
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	3827152  

29th July 2016, 09:38 AM |#22  
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 659

Donate to Me
More
Good D
Good App mate.. keep the good work up
29th July 2016, 09:43 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Looks good, nice UI. Can I have code? I write review when tested
29th July 2016, 10:05 AM |#24  
OP Member
Flag Vienna

More
@Das IceDice @jacksparao @datorprofessor @V4lve ---> Promocodes are out! Have fun and let me know if you experience any issues! @datorprofessor: thanks for the feedback, detailed answer is coming shortly!
29th July 2016, 11:41 AM |#25  
OP Member
Flag Vienna

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by datorprofessor

The app-icon is too much detailed up-right. I cant understand what it symbolize.

-> it's made up of the "Rays" of the Cast-Icon and the Browser-Icon (I think you're pointing to a sea on the globe ), both from Google's Material Icon Set. it's truly not the best, but I'm absolutely no graphics-designer, so this is as good as it gets

Quote:

Also. the app should be named web-built-in-videos-cast. or web-video-cast.

-> Not a self-explaining name, I know, but there are already "Web Video Cast" and similar named apps on the store, wanted to make a difference, as it works differently

Quote:

One question, how does the inside app-architecture work? Does it download offline in cache and stream seconds later, or does the app (cast controller) redirect live to the device (chromeCast eg.)?

-> no, it's way easier in a nutshell, it get's the Video's URL from within the browser window and then tells Chromecast's/FireTV's built-in media player to play it. so you even could kill the app after starting the video and it would keep playing and it doesn't drain your battery more than necessary.

Quote:

Thank you very much for your effort

thanks for the feedback
The Following User Says Thank You to xtools For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xtools Ad-Free
29th July 2016, 10:05 PM |#26  
OP Member
Flag Vienna

More
update: just finished 2 features from the roadmap and already started DLNA-support (first only as experimental feature), new Release 1.7 is coming soon to App Stores near you
The Following User Says Thank You to xtools For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xtools Ad-Free
30th July 2016, 10:43 AM |#27  
Flag Kuwait
Thanks Meter: 195

Donate to Me
More
xtools, can I have a coupon code please?

Thank you
30th July 2016, 01:34 PM |#28  
Flag Bursa
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Keep up good work bro
Pls give promo code
30th July 2016, 02:55 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Could I get a code?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
30th July 2016, 08:02 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 626

More
Wow nice work
Could you please share a coupon
31st July 2016, 01:00 AM |#31  
OP Member
Flag Vienna

More
UPDTAE: had to artifically remove Youtube support from App, as Google screwed me for this - so next Release won't bring YT to your TV anymore

However, Amazon doesn't care about that kind of stuff, so I implemented this ridicolous "barrier" only for the GooglePlay-Release - via Amazon Appstore it will continue supporting Youtube.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)