FORUMS

[APP][6+]Check for Doze Support [1.1.1-rc2][05/10/2016]

69 posts
Thanks Meter: 197

Post Reply Email Thread
Hey peeps of XDA!

I've made a simple app to check if your device meets the requirements for Doze!

I also added a new check that was missing, and has probably caused false positives (Saying the phone supports Doze, while it actually doesn't), please download the update and check again

I'll be updating it soon to add more info, and possibly add some more checks to see if Doze is actually working.

Live news can be followed through Telegram, this is the channel link

Screenshot

Changelog
    • First release
  • 1.0.1-rc1
    • Added more detailed information about which requirements are met
  • 1.1.1-rc2
    • Added check that tests if the config flag for Doze support is set in the system
    • Changed method of checking for GCM to reduce filesize

Source
Source Repository
Attached Files
File Type: apk check_doze.apk - [Click for QR Code] (703.9 KB, 151180 views)
The Following 126 Users Say Thank You to ISDP For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ISDP Ad-Free
7th May 2016, 06:45 PM |#2  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 2,867

Donate to Me
More
Bro if your device has MM, you have doze... why make an app for this?!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JoeFCaputo113 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JoeFCaputo113 Ad-Free
7th May 2016, 06:49 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Somewhere near Amsterdam

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFCaputo113

That's not exactly true!

Look here for the Doze requirements, it states that it needs two things:
  • Significant Motion Detector (SMD) APIs
  • Google Cloud Messaging
Not everyone has the sensors, and not everyone uses the Google Play Services Framework, so i made an app that makes it easy for users to check if their device meets the requirements for Doze!

This idea originally spawned from a discussion about Doze on the reddit Telegram group r/Android
The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to ISDP For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ISDP Ad-Free
7th May 2016, 09:47 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFCaputo113

That's not true buddy.
There are some devices for which marshmallow custom roms are available but they may not have the doze sensor hardware.
Even i have S3 and i have a flashed a android m custom ROM but my device doesn't support doze feature as there is no sensors.
Anyways kuddos to the developer for this app🙌

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to akhil7000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akhil7000 Ad-Free
Rijul.A
7th May 2016, 11:17 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, if I may ask, why did you use the support library in creating this? Since it only supports > 6.0 and you aren't using anything from the support library that a normal activity can't do, you can use have your MainActivity extend Activity and remove the support library from gradle, trim down the APK quite a lot.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
7th May 2016, 11:51 PM |#6  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rijul.A

Hi, if I may ask, why did you use the support library in creating this? Since it only supports > 6.0 and you aren't using anything from the support library that a normal activity can't do, you can use have your MainActivity extend Activity and remove the support library from gradle, trim down the APK quite a lot.

It was automatically generated by Android Studio (And I didn't notice, oops), thank you for your suggestion!

It helps with improving the application!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ISDP For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ISDP Ad-Free
8th May 2016, 12:04 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Congrats, your app has been posted to the front page of XDA!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sensi277 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sensi277 Ad-Free
8th May 2016, 12:09 AM |#8  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi277

Congrats, your app has been posted to the front page of XDA!

Woah! Awesome!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ISDP For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ISDP Ad-Free
8th May 2016, 01:53 AM |#9  
Flag TrivandruM
Thanks Meter: 9

More
my redmi 2 prime doesn't have sensors according to "check doze".will it support doze ever ?
8th May 2016, 02:14 AM |#10  
On my Galaxy S4 mini with nightly CM13, the application report that my phone doesn't have Motion Detector .. so no Doze :sad:
8th May 2016, 03:35 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Note 4 sm-n910c
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-05-07-23-27-02.png
Views:	4538
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	3743600  
The Following User Says Thank You to cogelindo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cogelindo Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
check, doze, requirements, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)