FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][PORT]CM13 Trebuchet (Laucher) for any ROM (v 6.0.1)

325 posts
Thanks Meter: 476

By alesimula, Senior Member on 2nd April 2016, 11:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Trebuchet
TREBUCHET CM13-SNAPSHOT LAUNCHER PORTING v6.0.1.6

Newer version (from LineageOS 15)
Enjoy the CyanogenMod launcher on any device
Just install the apk file and set it as default android launcher
DOWNLOAD APP (XDA LABS STORE)
DOWNLOAD APK (MEDIAFIRE)

INSTALLER FOR CM12/12.1 (FLASHABLE)(CMfeatures)

Screenshots
Home (google search)HomeLight drawerDark drawerDrawer searchSettingsPreferences (1)Preferences (2)

Known bugs and fixes
To see the SearchBar, Google app must be installed and you have to grant Trebuchet the permission; just add a random witdget, a popup asking you to grant the permission will then appear
Please state your ROM and Android version when reporting bugs

Tested on
Android 5 (Lollipop) based roms
Android 5.1 (Lollipop) based roms
Android 6 (MarshMallow) based roms
Android 7.x (Nougat) based roms

Please notice that this porting required work and dedication; Trebuchet launcher belongs to Cyanogen so i cannot force you not resharing the porting as your work as i don't own its rights, but it would be nice of you if you didn't and if you shared the XDA thread link instead; thanks for understanding.

(MODDED FILES) (LOLLIPOP COMPATIBILITY MOD) (modified smali and res + original Trebuchet decompiled apk) (stoppped providing with new versions due to the big amount of modified files) (these are just to clear the minds of people telling me i "copied the apk from the ROM", which wouldn't even work; if you don't know what they are do not download them)
The Following 88 Users Say Thank You to alesimula For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alesimula Ad-Free

AndroidSlave
3rd April 2016, 06:56 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ok proven. Edited.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
3rd April 2016, 07:10 AM |#3  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 47

More
4df.ly link?? oh please
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christboanerges For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift christboanerges Ad-Free
3rd April 2016, 08:39 AM |#4  
Flag Navi Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alesimula

TREBUCHET CM13-SNAPSHOT LAUNCHER PORTING v 6.0.1

Enjoy the CyanogenMod launcher on any device
Just install the apk file and set it as default android launcher
[SIZE="5"] (sorry for the fragmented link but as a new member i cannot post external links, just remove the "___")

Known bugs and fixes
To see the SearchBar Google app must be installed and you have to grant Trebuchet the permission; just add a random witdget, a popup asking you to grant the permission will then appear

Tested on
Android 6 (MarshMallow) based roms

Please notice that this porting required work and dedication; Trebuchet launcher belongs to Cyanogen so i cannot force you not resharing the porting as your work as i don't own its right, but it would be nice of you if you didn't and if you shared the XDA thread link instead; thanks for understanding.

you can attach file in your post, click edit and check Additional Options below
Additional Options>Attach Files>Manage attachments
The Following User Says Thank You to pankajdj007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pankajdj007 Ad-Free
3rd April 2016, 08:50 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajdj007

you can attach file in your post, click edit and check Additional Options below
Additional Options>Attach Files>Manage attachments

I know, but i wanted to share the ADFLY link to earn a (SUPER)minimum income for my work; thanks anyway
3rd April 2016, 09:08 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidSlave

Not really a "port" when you just pull the apk from the ROM...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app

Like the apk pulled from the ROM even works (atleast the new 6.0.1 version);
Anyway here's the source with the classes i modified in a different folder

And since you just jumped to conclusions, here's what i did to patch the app:

1) Pulled the original apk from the ROM and decompiled it with apktool (we'll call it decompiledAPK).
2) Pulled the app source from the original Github Trebuchet page and created a new Android Studio project.
3) Removed all cyanogenmod dependencies with android studio; (at this point the app had some API related bugs and glitches so i couldn't just build it from android studio).
4) Compiled the (Buggy) app i had created with Android Studio, than decompiled it again with apktool to obatin all the modified smali files (we'll call it decompiledMOD).
5) Pulled the Github source again and created Android Studio project again, but this time instead of correcting the errors related to CM dependencies i highlighted them.
6) I searched the same highlited methos inside the SMALIs of decompiledAPK and corrected them by copying there the equivalent methods from decompiledMOD.
7) Modded OverviewSettingsPanel.java to remove "Protected Apps" option, then modded the equivalent smali by repeating step 6 for this one.
8) Modded user_folder.xml to remove the lock icon overlay, wich was referring to a cyanogenmod feature (protected apps and folders)
9) Removed the cyanogenmod package as i had already cleared all dependencies.
10) Recompiled the newly-modified decompiledAPK, recreated the APK and signed it.

And here's how you "pull an apk from the ROM"
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to alesimula For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alesimula Ad-Free
3rd April 2016, 11:22 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
works on cm12?
3rd April 2016, 11:29 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yelineca

works on cm12?

I only teated it on MarshMallow based roms, you could try, however i don't know if it lets you install it as an update for the Trebuchet system app.

You could also try the non-modified Trebuchet 6.0.1 since you are on a CyanogenMod ROM
3rd April 2016, 02:15 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 133

More
Nice job but it always crashes when I press the home button
3rd April 2016, 02:18 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlordofdoom1

Nice job but it always crashes when I press the home button

What ROM and android version are you running?
The Following User Says Thank You to alesimula For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alesimula Ad-Free
GuestK0087
3rd April 2016, 03:13 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Reopened.

OP resolved.

Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)