[APP][4.1+][v1.1.18]Edge Color Notifications (Galaxy S6+ Edge Features)

Search This thread

forgin

Sep 11, 2010
Hello!! recently viewed the samsung galaxy s6 presentation.......and saw the new features (not much to see actually...)
Well, so i decided to start a new proyect to "clone" the s6 edge border color notification when calling (next versions will include the contacts feature too).
This first version is the very first one, just a color for incoming calls...next version contact color will be available.

Google Play url for automatic updates:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.golgorz.edgecolornotification

Write back your thoughts and opinions!!!
Feedback is welcome!

Anyone willing to translate to his language? here is the string.xml file, example:
<string name="side_bars">Side bars</string>
to spanish:
<string name="side_bars">Bordes laterales</string>
thx!!

Latest Stable Version: 1.1.18
Code:
v1.1.18
- Fixed some bugs making People Edge tabs hide when It should show over all apps.
- Fixed notifications not showing after some time since app started (Android killing the process and not restarting it).
- Improved code to run less time and prevent unnecessary checks.
v 1.1.17
- Apps Edge available as a first approach.
- Remade App Icon
- People Edge Animation is smoother.
- Cleaned code to improve battery and ram usage.
- People Edge SMS option to previw sms.
- Changed People Edge floating tabs behaviour to tray to make them always visible, but sometimes it can hides...just open the app or turn screen off/on
- French and Finnish translations and more things!

Download attached.

Attachments

• EdgeColorNotification_v1.1.06.apk
    3 MB · Views: 14,630
  • EdgeColorNotification_v1.1.07.apk
    3.1 MB · Views: 2,600
  • EdgeColorNotification1.1.09.apk
    3.2 MB · Views: 974
  • EdgeColorNotification_v1.1.10.apk
    3.1 MB · Views: 739
  • EdgeColorNotification_v1.1.11.apk
    3.1 MB · Views: 799
  • strings.rar
    2.3 KB · Views: 3,228
  • EdgeColorNotification_v1.1.12.apk
    3.1 MB · Views: 536
  • EdgeColorNotification_v1.1.13.apk
    3.1 MB · Views: 1,639
  • EdgeColorNotification_v1.1.14.apk
    3.1 MB · Views: 4,658
  • EdgeColorNotification_v1.1.17.apk
    3.2 MB · Views: 2,393
  • EdgeColorNotification_v1.1.18.apk
    3.2 MB · Views: 21,208
Last edited:

PalmCentro

Dec 8, 2014
█ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
Hello!! recently viewed the samsung galaxy s6 presentation.......and saw the new features (not much to see actually...)
Well, so i decided to start a new proyect to "clone" the s6 edge border color notification when calling (next versions will include the contacts feature too).
This first version is the very first one, just a color for incoming calls...next version contact color will be available.

Feedback is welcome!

Download attached.

PD: Right now you can set the width and the color!

Coool.
On which devices will it work? Only on samsung?

Reactions: robertc32

Devil1978

Nov 27, 2008
What format has this file?
Is this a apk or a zip?
I only can download a zip file.
When i want to install it with CWM Recovery it always comes the message that the installation was aborted.
And is this the original feature from the S6 Edge or a selfmade feature?

forgin

Sep 11, 2010
What format has this file?
Is this a apk or a zip?
I only can download a zip file.
When i want to install it with CWM Recovery it always comes the message that the installation was aborted.
And is this the original feature from the S6 Edge or a selfmade feature?
It is apk file....it is not a port is a self made app...still not very cool and not full of s6 edge features but more will come...its a first release to develop it with people needs and sugestions

Reactions: cgil and Devil1978

PalmCentro

Dec 8, 2014
█ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂

Feedback is welcome!

Working on SGH-T599!! :good:
Your app is still in beta, why need these ads?

forgin

Sep 11, 2010
Updated to 1.0.01

New animation...now its cooler!!!!!!!
i think it will be the definitive animation...so i can now work on the "choose color for contact feature" and "app notification color"

Reactions: DerReinhard

sladluk

Mar 27, 2010
Bozen
can't download it

It says "unable to launch event" when i try to download the apk from my Z3, do you know why this could happen?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Google Play url for automatic updates:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.golgorz.edgecolornotification

Feedback is welcome!

Anyone willing to translate to his language? here is the string.xml file, example:
    <string name="side_bars">Side bars</string>
    to spanish:
    <string name="side_bars">Bordes laterales</string>
    thx!!

Latest Stable Version: 1.1.18
    Code:
    v1.1.18
    - Fixed some bugs making People Edge tabs hide when It should show over all apps.
    - Fixed notifications not showing after some time since app started (Android killing the process and not restarting it).
    - Improved code to run less time and prevent unnecessary checks.
    v 1.1.17
    - Apps Edge available as a first approach.
    - Remade App Icon
    - People Edge Animation is smoother.
    - Cleaned code to improve battery and ram usage.
    - People Edge SMS option to previw sms.
    - Changed People Edge floating tabs behaviour to tray to make them always visible, but sometimes it can hides...just open the app or turn screen off/on
    - French and Finnish translations and more things!

Download attached.
    Works as intended with Screen lock permission enabled, but it disabled my swipe unlock on Galaxy Note 3. It no longer asks me to swipe to unlock. Forced to use pattern lock now. Could be a bug. Waiting for People tab :D Thank you so much :good:

I set the app to auto unlock non-secured lockscreens, i guess that i will make it so if you check "tap to open" it will disable it but not if this option is not checked. This week i am releasing the version with the notification update, and then focus on people edge
    Long time!! got a little bussy with other life things....but already started a few weeks ago a revamp of the app notifications and already started the people edge (working on animations......i hate them, i am so bad animating xDD)
    This is a test release to try out the new app notifications, suggestions and error reports are wellcome!!! apk is atached here and in first post
    Sorry. First, my phone screen was off. Then I had a notification for an sms (handcent sms app), so I click on the notification icon shown by Edge app. After reading & closing the message, then closing my screen, after the defined interval (1 minute) the notification icon keeps appearing again. When this happens, I tried pressing the 'turn off notification" red button in the edge app, but it still keeps happening. Until now the notification keeps appearing.

-via Tapatalk (S4)

could you try the version attached in this message?
    Tried & tested working fine for now..Will give it a try in dark soon :p
    View attachment 3190986

Update 1 :-
    Tried in dark :( really makes no difference..I mean those edges did not add to anything useful for now...As our phones do not have these edges from where these light can really protrude...But a really good try to achieve something which is so new :)
    Well...indeed if the phone is side down, the screen is totally covered (we have no s6 edge with rounded edges xD) anyway, i plan to add it to notifications, for example, when you get a whatsapp notification, your edges will glow green for a little, for facebook will glow blue and so on... also, i will add an option where you can set a color for uknown callers (with unkonwn number or not stored in contact list).
    What is more, i plan to add the rest of the edge features like you can have in s6 edge home screen, those slide screenies.

Really interesting, week done. Downloaded to LgG2 and the App displays the notification, however it doesn't work when I actually call the phone.
    which android version? when a call is ringing it doesnt show up? when you open the app, does the edges appear?