Win an Honor 7X!

[APP][4.1+][V3.4.1] Commandr for Google Now

272 posts
Thanks Meter: 516

Post Reply Email Thread
6th July 2014, 03:09 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
So, I know you're advertising this as a non-root solution, but are you open to adding a root option for more expansive uses? I ask this because this seems like something that could be used in conjunction with the Xposed Google Search API and AutoVoice, to take away the "note to self" custom command requirement.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guy4jesuschrist For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guy4jesuschrist Ad-Free

6th July 2014, 03:32 AM |#12  
Flag Largo
Thanks Meter: 1,813

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSenG2x

So would it just answer those questions with those responses or are you looking for more dynamic interpretation for example using some type of chatbot-like functionality to actually try to have a conversation with the user?

Did any toast message or dialog pop up when you said this? What command did you use?

I used the correct dialect asking and will screenie soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktetreault14 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktetreault14 Ad-Free
6th July 2014, 03:38 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy4jesuschrist

So, I know you're advertising this as a non-root solution, but are you open to adding a root option for more expansive uses? I ask this because this seems like something that could be used in conjunction with the Xposed Google Search API and AutoVoice, to take away the "note to self" custom command requirement.

Thanks this is one of the top things on my todo list, I just wanted to launch without it because I don't want to be defined as a root-only app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktetreault14

I used the correct dialect asking and will screenie soon.

Ok thanks, to turn on the flashlight you have to do this giant hack so I'm really not surprised that it is not working
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RSenG2x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RSenG2x Ad-Free
6th July 2014, 03:53 AM |#14  
Flag Somerset

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So would it just answer those questions with those responses or are you looking for more dynamic interpretation for example using some type of chatbot-like functionality to actually try to have a conversation with the user?

Did any toast message or dialog pop up when you said this? What command did you use?

Dynamic interpretation to actually have a conversation. That's the thing I like about Siri which I think is missing in GNow.
The Following User Says Thank You to the playa! For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift the playa! Ad-Free
6th July 2014, 04:05 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the playa!

Dynamic interpretation to actually have a conversation. That's the thing I like about Siri which I think is missing in GNow.

Awesome sounds like fun! I added it to the commands to vote on in built-in commands and will work on it when I get a chance
The Following User Says Thank You to RSenG2x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RSenG2x Ad-Free
6th July 2014, 04:10 AM |#16  

More
Quote:

Thanks this is one of the top things on my todo list, I just wanted to launch without it because I don't want to be defined as a root-only app.

Ok thanks, to turn on the flashlight you have to do this giant hack so I'm really not surprised that it is not working

No problem at all! I definitely understand that. There are many more users out there who aren't power users, who will benefit from Commandr, than there are us power users. Definitely looking forward to having the root options available when an update is released though. Thanks for this!

The Following User Says Thank You to guy4jesuschrist For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guy4jesuschrist Ad-Free
6th July 2014, 05:35 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA

Donate to Me
More
Quick update on progress on removing requirement of "note to self" for root uses...

This was implemented successfully using MohammadAG's Google Now API, but unfortunately it seems that this api has many bugs and has to be updated for the new version of Google Search. As soon as this is updated (he is on vacation right now), I will add this functionality For now, rolling back changes...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RSenG2x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RSenG2x Ad-Free
6th July 2014, 06:22 AM |#18  
Flag Ontario
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Cant go beyond "open dialog" amd choosing commandr. When i select commandr as default for note taking it wont give me any other option. Am i missing anything?
6th July 2014, 06:31 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA

Donate to Me
More
Are you clicking always (to set as default) or just clicking the app? I'm making this more clear in the next update... Otherwise pls send screenshot

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
6th July 2014, 06:33 AM |#20  
Flag Ontario
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Quote:

Are you clicking always (to set as default) or just clicking the app? I'm making this more clear in the next update... Otherwise pls send screenshot

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Im clicking always of course. Tried "once", tried uninstalling it and re-installing. Same thing. I have galaxy s5 rooted.
6th July 2014, 08:08 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 888

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruinkhan

Im clicking always of course. Tried "once", tried uninstalling it and re-installing. Same thing. I have galaxy s5 rooted.

Same thing for me, too. Rooted s5
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
commander, commandr, google now, rsenapps, ryan senanayake

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)