FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.1+][ROOT] Contacts Sync - sync your address book contacts

1,843 posts
Thanks Meter: 433
 
By AndroidDeveloperLB, Senior Member on 19th October 2016, 02:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th October 2016, 08:34 PM |#11  
stunned's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 337
 
More
Does this sync pictures to google account, so I only have to do the sync once and then the pictures are stored to Google contacts in web?
29th October 2016, 08:48 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 433
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunned

Does this sync pictures to google account, so I only have to do the sync once and then the pictures are stored to Google contacts in web?

Short answer is yes, but ...

It syncs with all your contacts, whether they are in Google or on the device.
If they are Google contacts, the photos will also be saved on Google's servers.

However, Google tends to save only low quality images, so I think that if, for example, you do a factory reset and get the contacts back, the photos you will have from Google will have low quality.

This is what I saw last time I checked it, using SyncMe app (which I also still use to sync my contacts) , but maybe it changed, because it was a long time ago.
30th October 2016, 12:35 AM |#13  
biglo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 163
 
More
Worked great for me, finally nice work. Any donate button around here? Can't wait to see future improvement for maybe updating just one contact.
30th October 2016, 03:42 AM |#14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Nice
Saved my time, great tool ty.
30th October 2016, 08:25 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 433
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglo

Worked great for me, finally nice work. Any donate button around here? Can't wait to see future improvement for maybe updating just one contact.

I'm not sure if I should publish this app on the Play store, so donating is not possible at the moment.

Share the app instead.
Or, try my other app, here.

BTW, there is no update mechanism, so I'd like to know how to add "follow project" for users here, so that they will get a notification on the forum whenever there is a new update.

Anyone knows how to do it?
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroidDeveloperLB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndroidDeveloperLB Ad-Free
30th October 2016, 04:49 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 433
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okdemir

Saved my time, great tool ty.

Thank you. Can you please share which device and Android version you've tried it on?
30th October 2016, 07:52 PM |#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidDeveloperLB

Thank you. Can you please share which device and Android version you've tried it on?

Ofc, i have rooted marshmallow stock rom of asus zenfone 2 lazer (ze550kl)
31st October 2016, 12:41 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 433
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okdemir

Ofc, i have rooted marshmallow stock rom of asus zenfone 2 lazer (ze550kl)

Nice. Thanks.
31st October 2016, 02:23 AM |#19  
biglo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 163
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidDeveloperLB

I'm not sure if I should publish this app on the Play store, so donating is not possible at the moment.

Share the app instead.
Or, try my other app, here.

BTW, there is no update mechanism, so I'd like to know how to add "follow project" for users here, so that they will get a notification on the forum whenever there is a new update.

Anyone knows how to do it?

Ok I don't have any knowledge on that updating feature, i thought you would have setup a PayPal account for donations.
31st October 2016, 11:24 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 433
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglo

Ok I don't have any knowledge on that updating feature, i thought you would have setup a PayPal account for donations.

That's ok. You can share the app and also try my other app (there you can donate if you wish).
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroidDeveloperLB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndroidDeveloperLB Ad-Free
2nd November 2016, 12:17 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 433
 
More
New update available.
What's new:
- fix that on some devices, fetching the photos didn't scroll the list at all.
- tiny tweaks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
contacts, photos, sync

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes