OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,010

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahrion

@onexuan
I hate to be the first to ask but....
What kind of mechanisms do you use to get the phone to cool down? Do you mess with kernel parameters, effecting performance or what?

don't have mess with kernel parameters, the cooling tweak is got from XDA forum, you can see this list tweaks and find out some famous apps and tweaks known to all.
The Following User Says Thank You to onexuan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift onexuan Ad-Free

25th August 2014, 07:08 PM |#12  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 249

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onexuan

39 is ℃, Are they the same units, if it is 60℃, your phone will burn!

See?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk
25th August 2014, 07:16 PM |#13  
Flag Hochiminh City
Thanks Meter: 2,744

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock12345

See?

in the pop up screen it should be your core's temperature. as I believe the temp showed in app is generally overall temp (like the real temp that you might feel in your hand). if you had ever measured the temperature of your PC or Laptop, you would have seen the same thing, cores' temp is always higher than the temp u feel w under your hand putting on the case.

Gửi từ GT-I9300 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to daothanhduy1996 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daothanhduy1996 Ad-Free
25th August 2014, 08:10 PM |#14  
Flag Calamba, Laguna
Thanks Meter: 629

More
Questions!

1. Will your "One Power Guard" app conflict with this one? Or installing both of them are A-OK?

2. Why is Coolify needed to run on Foreground? What does it do? Does it clean some pagecache or file systems (vm.drop_caches) on a certain time or like that? Cause I think your app only tweaked my system values, like VM and Systcl...

3. Are the system values edited by Coolify "Device Dependant" (like on the famous V6 Supercharger) or the App just gives us a "Preset Value"? Cause I tried installing Coolify on two of my devices (LG L3 / SG2) and it seems they have both values now. I was wondering if this would cause strange behavior in my devices for a longer time (like usual stuttering or glitches while on an active process)...

But don't worry, me and my friends will see if there are good results! After all, it's just Day One (just now) that we installed Coolify

25th August 2014, 08:12 PM |#15  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 249

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daothanhduy1996

in the pop up screen it should be your core's temperature. as I believe the temp showed in app is generally overall temp (like the real temp that you might feel in your hand). if you had ever measured the temperature of your PC or Laptop, you would have seen the same thing, cores' temp is always higher than the temp u feel w under your hand putting on the case.

Many thnx for explaining

26th August 2014, 02:29 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daothanhduy1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock12345

Many thnx for explaining

You can look at the path /sys/class/power_supply/battery/temp with RE explorer. this temp value get from battery temp.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onexuan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift onexuan Ad-Free
26th August 2014, 02:48 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by souler456

Questions!

1. Will your "One Power Guard" app conflict with this one? Or installing both of them are A-OK?

2. Why is Coolify needed to run on Foreground? What does it do? Does it clean some pagecache or file systems (vm.drop_caches) on a certain time or like that? Cause I think your app only tweaked my system values, like VM and Systcl...

3. Are the system values edited by Coolify "Device Dependant" (like on the famous V6 Supercharger) or the App just gives us a "Preset Value"? Cause I tried installing Coolify on two of my devices (LG L3 / SG2) and it seems they have both values now. I was wondering if this would cause strange behavior in my devices for a longer time (like usual stuttering or glitches while on an active process)...

But don't worry, me and my friends will see if there are good results! After all, it's just Day One (just now) that we installed Coolify

1. They do not have any conflicts. but the core optimization is a part of OPG. as we know, some regular users, they doesn't know what is CPU or I/O, which CPU policy is better, I spent a lot of time to help these users to know which one is better. Why I develop Coolify? The main reason is that. One-Click Optimization is better than dealing with the complexity and risk.

2. it doesn't clean some pagecache or file systems on a certain time. you can set it as background by turning off the notification on settings interface. I just make the cooling service is not easy to be killed by system.

3. it is the same. not Device Dependant. I think maybe you have other app changes them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onexuan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift onexuan Ad-Free
26th August 2014, 05:25 AM |#18  
Flag Calamba, Laguna

More
Quote:

1. They do not have any conflicts. but the core optimization is a part of OPG. as we know, some regular users, they doesn't know what is CPU or I/O, which CPU policy is better, I spent a lot of time to help these users to know which one is better. Why I develop Coolify? The main reason is that. One-Click Optimization is better than dealing with the complexity and risk.

Yeah. Some users don't know those kinds of stuff, so it's a good thing that you help them out like that. And it's also a goos thing those two don't conflict their values, since both are a good apps (well, OPG is good, but i'm not judging Coolify just yet )

Quote:

2. it doesn't clean some pagecache or file systems on a certain time. you can set it as background by turning off the notification on settings interface. I just make the cooling service is not easy to be killed by system.

If you may, can please explain on how this "Cooling Service" works?

Quote:

3. it is the same. not Device Dependant. I think maybe you have other app changes them.

Checking on it...

26th August 2014, 07:40 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah. Some users don't know those kinds of stuff, so it's a good thing that you help them out like that. And it's also a goos thing those two don't conflict their values, since both are a good apps (well, OPG is good, but i'm not judging Coolify just yet )

If you may, can please explain on how this "Cooling Service" works?

Checking on it...

OPG and Coolify don't conflict their values. Coolify is easy to be used by more uses who don't know CPU and IO.
Q: how this "Cooling Service" works?
A: First, The main work of this service is optimizing all cooling tweaks after clicking "Turn On Normal Temp Protection".
Other work includes getting temperature and update the notification status.
The Following User Says Thank You to onexuan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift onexuan Ad-Free
26th August 2014, 12:56 PM |#20  
Flag Calamba, Laguna

More
@onexuan

Some of my friends who uses Swap RAM says that it doesn't work anymore when they installed Coolify. So, to help them, I checked the value of /proc/sys/vm/swappiness (percentage on how much Swap RAM to be processed) and its zero (0).

Maybe that's the default value of Coolify for Swappiness, so I re-tweaked the value to a safe level (20), then all works fine, but then again, the Swap RAM stopped swapping again, and when we checked the Swappiness, it reverted back to zero, meaning Coolify persists to override any tweaks to Coolify's preset value at a certain time... Am I right?

So for the sake of Swap RAM, had those guys to uninstall Coolify...

Can you, at least, change the swappiness value to 20 (or what you think what's best) on the next build? I would really appreciate it...

26th August 2014, 01:04 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

@onexuan

Some of my friends who uses Swap RAM says that it doesn't work anymore when they installed Coolify. So, to help them, I checked the value of /proc/sys/vm/swappiness (percentage on how much Swap RAM to be processed) and its zero (0).

Maybe that's the default value of Coolify for Swappiness, so I re-tweaked the value to a safe level (20), then all works fine, but then again, the Swap RAM stopped swapping again, and when we checked the Swappiness, it reverted back to zero, meaning Coolify persists to override any tweaks to Coolify's preset value at a certain time... Am I right?

So for the sake of Swap RAM, had those guys to uninstall Coolify...

Can you, at least, change the swappiness value to 20 (or what you think what's best) on the next build? I would really appreciate it...

Yes. the default is 0. the next version. I will remove this echo "0" > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness; it will not change swappiness. waiting. this is the best feedback!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
coolify, cooling, fever, hot, overheat

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)