26th August 2014, 01:04 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,010

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by souler456

@onexuan

Some of my friends who uses Swap RAM says that it doesn't work anymore when they installed Coolify. So, to help them, I checked the value of /proc/sys/vm/swappiness (percentage on how much Swap RAM to be processed) and its zero (0).

Maybe that's the default value of Coolify for Swappiness, so I re-tweaked the value to a safe level (20), then all works fine, but then again, the Swap RAM stopped swapping again, and when we checked the Swappiness, it reverted back to zero, meaning Coolify persists to override any tweaks to Coolify's preset value at a certain time... Am I right?

So for the sake of Swap RAM, had those guys to uninstall Coolify...

Can you, at least, change the swappiness value to 20 (or what you think what's best) on the next build? I would really appreciate it...

Yes. the default is 0. the next version. I will remove this echo "0" > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness; it will not change swappiness. waiting. this is the best feedback!
The Following User Says Thank You to onexuan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift onexuan Ad-Free

26th August 2014, 01:43 PM |#22  
Flag Calamba, Laguna
Thanks Meter: 629

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onexuan

Yes. the default is 0. the next version. I will remove this echo "0" > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness; it will not change swappiness. waiting. this is the best feedback!

Always glad to be in service
26th August 2014, 05:36 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
OP still does not state, what this app is for, ok it does. (how?magic?)
on my view, this app is just an app that shows you core temp, I dont see an actual way to decrease device's temp.
If I charge my phone on a closed place without ventilation. it will burn my device no matter what app is controlling what.
what does it do? does it kill apps in background? what?

So if OP could "explain" how this works, or what does it do. It should be useful.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fenchai For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fenchai Ad-Free
26th August 2014, 05:47 PM |#24  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Using this on my nexus 5 will report how it works hey can u make a version for non rooted devices my girl s4 don't have root
27th August 2014, 04:42 AM |#25  
Flag Calamba, Laguna
Thanks Meter: 629

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenchai

on my view, this app is just an app that shows you core temp, I dont see an actual way to decrease device's temp.
If I charge my phone on a closed place without ventilation. it will burn my device no matter what app is controlling what.

So if OP could "explain" how this works, or what does it do. It should be useful.

+1
27th August 2014, 07:33 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanCapoDaDon

Using this on my nexus 5 will report how it works hey can u make a version for non rooted devices my girl s4 don't have root

I think it is difficult unrooted phones don't tweak anything.
27th August 2014, 08:07 AM |#27  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenchai

Coolify is designed to cool your device's temp down by tweaking system values, like VM and systcl... you can learn more tweaks app for here

It don't kill any apps in background. it just tweaks system values!
27th August 2014, 08:29 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 203

Donate to Me
More
Gonna try this app and see if it does something on my overheating phone.
27th August 2014, 01:42 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by souler456

@onexuan

Some of my friends who uses Swap RAM says that it doesn't work anymore when they installed Coolify. So, to help them, I checked the value of /proc/sys/vm/swappiness (percentage on how much Swap RAM to be processed) and its zero (0).

Maybe that's the default value of Coolify for Swappiness, so I re-tweaked the value to a safe level (20), then all works fine, but then again, the Swap RAM stopped swapping again, and when we checked the Swappiness, it reverted back to zero, meaning Coolify persists to override any tweaks to Coolify's preset value at a certain time... Am I right?

So for the sake of Swap RAM, had those guys to uninstall Coolify...

Can you, at least, change the swappiness value to 20 (or what you think what's best) on the next build? I would really appreciate it...

Please update the version 1.4.0, it had remove
27th August 2014, 02:20 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
The Version 1.4.0 is updated
The Version 1.4.0 is updated
1. Add Android 4.4 immersive mode
2. Remove the navigation bar on some ROMs
3. Improve the loading bar of the cooling interface
4. If the cooling temp > 0.5℃ will be recorded to history list
5. Fix the temp chart without refreshing on the main interface
6. Improve application fluency

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2014-08-27-202011.png
Views:	4234
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	2914105  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onexuan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift onexuan Ad-Free
27th August 2014, 03:50 PM |#31  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 198

More
[QUOTE=onexuan;55080604]The Version 1.4.0 is updated
1. Add Android 4.4 immersive mode
2. Remove the navigation bar on some ROMs
3. Improve the loading bar of the cooling interface
4. If the cooling temp > 0.5℃ will be recorded to history list
5. Fix the temp chart without refreshing on the main interface
6. Improve application fluency

Hi @onexuan, I just noticed that the cooling down tweak lowers the SDcard r/w speed to 256kb (both for internal and external SDcards), while, I usually keep them to 2048kb.

And also, max events for second is lowered to 60 (I keep it to 140).

Can you turn these features optional? TY for your work.
The Following User Says Thank You to oldslowdiver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oldslowdiver Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
coolify, cooling, fever, hot, overheat

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)