FORUMS

[APP][5.0+] Custom Quick Settings - Add quick settings on STOCK

8,189 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,002

By Quinny899, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 29th October 2015, 12:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Default quick settings not enough for you? Add app links, web links and custom toggles to your quick settings without root (on Android 6.0+, root or ADB permission grant is required on Android 5.0/5.1) using Custom Quick Settings

Please note that some OEMs, such as Samsung, LG and HTC, may disable the use of this app on their firmware. You will need a custom ROM that is based on AOSP (including CyanogenMod) to use this app if that is the case with your device

Features
- Over 40 custom toggles, including screen timeout, adaptive brightness and NFC (NFC requires root or secure setting access)
- Launch apps, shortcuts*, app shortcuts, websites, show app widgets*, automatically click on widgets*, run commands* and launch activities* on click (* requires pro)
- Fully customise tiles with icons, titles, and multiple states, which can be switched between automatically by changes
- (Android 7.0+, secure/root required): Customise your quick settings panel by hiding the brightness slider, changing the tile count (when collapsed) and disabling animations
- (Android 5.0 only, root/secure required): Rearrange and delete stock tiles, take full control of your quick settings

Xposed/CM support
Opens tile detail with weather, battery information and a calculator (Xposed only)

Actions include:
- Launch apps
- Launch shortcuts, including tasker tasks (Pro version only)
- Launch app shortcuts, static and dynamic (dynamic requires Android 7.1+ and root)
- Click widget (for toggle/action widgets such as Twilight) [Pro]
- Show widget (shows widget in a dialog) [Pro]
- Launch URL
- Custom settings toggle (WiFi, Screen timeout, Bluetooth, WiFi Hotspot, Sync, Adaptive Brightness, Sound, Music Controls)
- Custom root/secure settings toggle (Invert Colours, Location, ADB, Immersive Mode, Ambient Display)
- Custom root toggle (Airplane Mode, Celullar Data, Screenshot, Shutdown, Reboot, Reboot Recovery, Quick Reboot, Restart SystemUI, Network Mode [2G, 3G, LTE])
- Live toggles (Displays data in title & icon): CPU speed, Free RAM, Internal Storage Space, Battery, Data Usage, Next Alarm, # of calendar events today, Calendar next event*, calculator*, BBC weather*, Yahoo! weather*)
- Advanced options: Launch activity (with extras, can launch any activity with root), run command, run root command (all pro)
- Advanced click options: Change System, Secure or Global setting value (requires secure/root for secure & global, as well as pro) - Allows you to change any setting in the system, therefore creating tiles for any system setting

Screenshots

Download from Google Play Store
Download from APKMirror
XDA Labs download is being updated when the dashboard plays ball
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2015, 05:40 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Really a great app, but somehow many icons have quirks. Many round parts have flat parts. E.g. the heads of no. 3 and 4 are not really round.
Or is that intention?

And a search or filter function for the icons would really be nice. It's not so nice to scroll through so much icons, especially without a scroll bar. You never know where you are.
2nd November 2015, 08:49 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Salford, Greater Manchester, UK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbonge

Really a great app, but somehow many icons have quirks. Many round parts have flat parts. E.g. the heads of no. 3 and 4 are not really round.
Or is that intention?

And a search or filter function for the icons would really be nice. It's not so nice to scroll through so much icons, especially without a scroll bar. You never know where you are.

Icons are fixed in the update, I also added sticky headers so you know where you are
The Following User Says Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd November 2015, 01:24 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Awesome app, thank you! Can't wait for custom shortcuts!!!

Sent using XDA One
7th November 2015, 03:44 AM |#5  
Flag Clearwater, Florida
Thanks Meter: 274

More
Hi there. I just read about your app on Android Police. It sounded great so I downloaded the free version to try it out. I'm sure I will get the paid version also. I'm going to mess around and make a few tiles. I'll return to give you my thoughts. Not that my opinion makes any difference. Lol. Thanks
15th November 2015, 12:35 AM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Tasker Intent Guide
Here's how you use Tasker's intent action to change a tile's state:

Add an Intent action and enter the following in the correct inputs:

Action:
com.quinny898.app.customquicksettings.CHANGE_TILE_ STATE
Cat:
None
Extras:
tile:<Name or number of tile>, eg tile:Hangouts or tile:0
active:true/false, eg active:true (true = tile is white, false = tile is greyed out)
Package:
com.quinny898.app.customquicksettings
Class:
com.quinny898.app.customquicksettings.receivers.Ta sker
Target:
Broadcast Receiver

Leave the rest of the options as their defaults (empty)

Screenshots of example:
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2015, 04:52 PM |#7  
Flag São Leopoldo
Thanks Meter: 195

More
First: Amazing work!
Second: Icon not appears on quicksetings in latest version.
15th November 2015, 06:09 PM |#8  
Flag Dehradun
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Excellent Remarkable work done
Awesome app, thank you! Can't wait for further versions to unhide soon. Looking forward for playing games soon on these custom stock os.
15th November 2015, 06:47 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Some issues:

1. Changing the color of "Adaptive Brightness" toggle icon doesn't work.
2. Same with the "Flashlight" toggle. And the first time I've tested the "Flashlight" toggle I wasn't able to switch off the flashlight. It went off only after opening the app.
3. The icon search feature isn't very useful. It shows only max. 5 results and it always starts at the beginning of the name. So you can't enter "auto" to find "brightness auto". Even with "brightness" you don't find it. You have to enter at least "brightness a" to find it.
Maybe a filter function would be better. And it should look in the whole name.
4. There are still some broken icons: Cancel, Headphone Dots, No, Question Mark Circle

Some requests (seen in another app):

5. Support for app icons would really be great.
6. It would surely be very handy if selecting an action would also set the corresponding icon.
The Following User Says Thank You to peterbonge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift peterbonge Ad-Free
15th November 2015, 07:17 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbonge

Some issues:

1. Changing the color of "Adaptive Brightness" toggle icon doesn't work.
2. Same with the "Flashlight" toggle. And the first time I've tested the "Flashlight" toggle I wasn't able to switch off the flashlight. It went off only after opening the app.
3. The icon search feature isn't very useful. It shows only max. 5 results and it always starts at the beginning of the name. So you can't enter "auto" to find "brightness auto". Even with "brightness" you don't find it. You have to enter at least "brightness a" to find it.
Maybe a filter function would be better. And it should look in the whole name.
4. There are still some broken icons: Cancel, Headphone Dots, No, Question Mark Circle

Some requests (seen in another app):

5. Support for app icons would really be great.
6. It would surely be very handy if selecting an action would also set the corresponding icon.

1. Is in the process of being fixed
2. is intentional, it's not supported right now
3. The library that does the sections doesn't support filtering (it's a bug in it right now) so maybe later
4. Working on it
5. Maybe soon
6. Same as 5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2015, 08:41 PM |#11  
Flag IN
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

Here's how you use Tasker's intent action to change a tile's state:

Add an Intent action and enter the following in the correct inputs:

Action:
com.quinny898.app.customquicksettings.CHANGE_TILE_ STATE
Cat:
None
Extras:
tile:<Name or number of tile>, eg tile:Hangouts or tile:0
active:true/false, eg active:true (true = tile is white, false = tile is greyed out)
Package:
com.quinny898.app.customquicksettings
Class:
com.quinny898.app.customquicksettings.receivers.Ta sker
Target:
Broadcast Receiver

Leave the rest of the options as their defaults (empty)

Screenshots of example:

I'm assuming there's no way for this to work for the built in toggles or root toggles? I would have to create my own Tasker task and include this intent?
Also, the adaptive brightness toggle doesn't seem to work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 6.0, custom, no root, quick, settings

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)