I love CyanogenMod/Lineague but what when I am using another custom rom, not based on CM (f.e. LiquidSmooth, Nameless...). Everytime there is no file manager and that ***** me up every time. So I started to extract the apk and give it to you all!
How to install:
First check your Android Version. It can be that if you are running on Android 4.1 for example the filemanager V1.0.3 and higher doesnt work. When you have this problem, take an older version.
If you want root access in the browser, be sure to install Busy Box, maybe it will still not work after that.
There are 3 ways, you can install the file manager:
1) You can try to install the downloaded apk just as a normal apk, if this doesn't work, try another way (2 or 3)
1) Download flashable zip file
2) go to recovery -> install -> choose the downloaded zip file
1) Copy the apk with a excisting file manager with root access to /system/apps
2) Change file permissions to rw-r-r (like all the others apps in this folder)
3) reboot your phone
4) Enjoy everything of the CM file manager on your custom rom
You can install V3 as an update over V1.
Download [click here for an overview]:
V.3.0.0 [from LOS14.1/CM13] LineagueOS14.1 has the same Filemanager as 13, no changes were made.
V.3.0.0 [from CM12.1] Seems to work only on Android 4.4.X and later!
V2.0.0 [from CM11]
not availeable yet!
V1.0.3 [from CM11]
V1.0.0 [from CM10]
- Bug: Root Access isnt availeable on the newest Version 3.0.0 for many devices!
- Thanks to: @ChariZardKs for the nice banner
Please press thanks if you like my work by pressing the following button and I will give my best to continue it