[APP][4.3+] Cygery AdSkip for YouTube™ (xda-exclusive free version)

Search This thread

cygery

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 6, 2013
cygery.com
Hi,

here's an app which does a simple job: Automatically click on the "Skip ad" button in the YouTube™ app when it appears. No root required, no proxy or VPN needs to be setup. You just need to enable an accessibility service which is required to detect the ads and click on the "Skip ad" button.
This is an xda-exclusive free version!
Please note: Redistribution of this app is not allowed!

New: Now available via XDA Labs: https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.cygery.adskip.xda!

New: Video by @geetmadan1991 on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nXgNCD3BO8 Thanks a lot!

Features:
  • Option to mute audio while ad is shown

Supported devices:
Tested on Nexus 7 and Nexus 5. The app should work on most if not all (typical) Android™ devices. I don't know about Android TVs, PCs, etc. Please post if you encounter any issues using this app.

Cheers,

cygery

Android and YouTube are trademarks of Google Inc.

Changelog

v1.0.0.0:
initial release

Attachments

• com.cygery.adskip.xda-1.0.0.0.apk
    747.1 KB · Views: 635,982
Last edited:

a.broken.star

Mar 11, 2013
India
Yes it works. But for it to work the "S kip Ad" button that appears on the video must be visible. That has two problems :
1) If the video is minimized (i.e. Running in small window at the bottom), skip ad button does not appear and hence this app does not work
2) If you are watching video on chromecast, and your mobile's screen is off, skip ad button does not appear and thus this app does not work..

I needed an app that could skip ad when watching video on Chromecast as it is very frustrating to pick your mobile everytime to skip ad.

Sent from my MI 3W using XDA-Developers mobile app

LudoGris

Feb 11, 2009
New Hampshire
If you are running xposed there is a module for that.

Thanks for creating this though, cygery!

Sent from my bullhead using XDA Labs

a.broken.star

Mar 11, 2013
India
It should, ads just don't even show up.

Sent from my bullhead using XDA Labs
Actually when using youtube on chromecast, ads are served from server side directly to the chromecast and not to the YouTube app. That's why that module won't work. That module disable ads on YouTube app only. It can't stop ads sent to chromecast device directly from google server.

Reactions: Gborg3 and cygery

pkWhistle

Jul 15, 2014
It's a shame this doesn't work with OGYoutube. Either that or it doesn't work with the latest youtube.
Hope compatibility cones in the future.

Sunsparc

Jan 3, 2011
Actually when using youtube on chromecast, ads are served from server side directly to the chromecast and not to the YouTube app. That's why that module won't work. That module disable ads on YouTube app only. It can't stop ads sent to chromecast device directly from google server.

This is correct, I've been waiting for some way to do it on the phone but I don't think that's possible. You have to block ads at the router in order to get an ad-free Chromecast.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

here's an app which does a simple job: Automatically click on the "Skip ad" button in the YouTube™ app when it appears. No root required, no proxy or VPN needs to be setup. You just need to enable an accessibility service which is required to detect the ads and click on the "Skip ad" button.
    This is an xda-exclusive free version!
    Please note: Redistribution of this app is not allowed!

New: Now available via XDA Labs: https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.cygery.adskip.xda!

New: Video by @geetmadan1991 on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nXgNCD3BO8 Thanks a lot!

Features:
    • Option to mute audio while ad is shown

Supported devices:
    Tested on Nexus 7 and Nexus 5. The app should work on most if not all (typical) Android™ devices. I don't know about Android TVs, PCs, etc. Please post if you encounter any issues using this app.

Cheers,

cygery

Android and YouTube are trademarks of Google Inc.

Changelog

v1.0.0.0:
    initial release
    Recently I've been getting ~4 second long unskippable ads which AdSkip can't seem to mute. Maybe it's nothing but, every time YouTube's cache hits ~250mb, AdSkip stops muting or sometimes even skipping ads. I noticed that after realizing that clearing the cache of the YouTube app restores AdSkip functionality. Every time AdSkip stops working, I force close YouTube and clear the cache, which almost always is at at least 250mb in such a case.
    This app is now available via XDA Labs!
    Any updates on nougat?

Needs further investigation, no ETA for an update at this time.
    Yes it works. But for it to work the "S kip Ad" button that appears on the video must be visible. That has two problems :
    1) If the video is minimized (i.e. Running in small window at the bottom), skip ad button does not appear and hence this app does not work
    2) If you are watching video on chromecast, and your mobile's screen is off, skip ad button does not appear and thus this app does not work..

I needed an app that could skip ad when watching video on Chromecast as it is very frustrating to pick your mobile everytime to skip ad.