FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][ROOT][Q][11/July] DarQ - Per-app selectable force dark option for Android Q

7,958 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,679

By Quinny899, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 30th June 2019, 09:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th November 2019, 08:17 PM |#141  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Salford, Greater Manchester, UK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlgalt

A while back, there was mention that DarQ dev was going to see about possibly making the app auto apply force Dark Mode enabled at boot (thereby avoiding having to go into the app / DevOps to force dark mode on).

I've since retired my Taimen for a Coral, which is *not* rooted - not yet, anyway - so I cannot use DarQ at the moment.

Has this feature been enabled in the app yet? I checked the online FAQ and did not see any mention of it....

The app hasn't been updated since July, I've not had time.
25th November 2019, 11:32 PM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Is there a workaround for app not detecting root?
I tried searching but didn't find a solution.
30th November 2019, 05:29 PM |#143  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

DarQ provides a per-app selectable force dark option for Android Q.

It uses an accessibility service and root to allow you to pick just the apps you want to use the force dark theme on. Force dark is a hidden option, provided by the Android system, which intelligently inverts light backgrounds to dark, and dark text and icons to light. It allows a majority of third party apps, such as Snapchat, LinkedIn, as well as first-party Google apps which do not have a dark theme (such as the Play Store) to have a dark mode.

DarQ also provides an option to apply the system dark theme (as well as selectable force dark) only after sunset and before sunrise, protecting your eyes when it's most needed.

Please read the Frequently Asked Questions sections in the app or here for more information and some answers to questions

Download from XDA Labs

Source available on GitHub

Screenshots:

Examples of apps with force dark enabled:

Contains a modified version of the "HK Grotesk" font, modified to have slightly rounder edges and use the secondary "g" instead of its original primary. Licenced under the Open Font Licence, available here

Bugs:
No Root Detected
2nd December 2019, 06:06 AM |#144  
Flag Kumasi
Thanks Meter: 118

More
I love this app as enabling dark mode on my phone also applies a weird dark mode on Facebook and telegram so I use this app to apply dark mode only in selected apps.
My problem is that, the app will work for a couple of minutes to some hours then it'll ask for accessibility even though it is enabled and was working.
It will never work again until I reboot my phone which is not really ideal for me.
I'm pleading with the dev to update it since it's a one of a kind app.
Thank you
8th December 2019, 09:56 PM |#145  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

The app hasn't been updated since July, I've not had time.

Hi, great job here. Any plan to update it in the future?

I just installed it and i t work perfectly with everything but Google search, guess something broke. I'm on a Oneplus 6 Oxygen 10. Other google apps works fine. Force dark mode in developer option solves the problem but breaks several apps like Facebook and Telegram.

Thanks for the app!
8th December 2019, 11:56 PM |#146  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Salford, Greater Manchester, UK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleessio

Hi, great job here. Any plan to update it in the future?

I just installed it and i t work perfectly with everything but Google search, guess something broke. I'm on a Oneplus 6 Oxygen 10. Other google apps works fine. Force dark mode in developer option solves the problem but breaks several apps like Facebook and Telegram.

Thanks for the app!

Soon™

Nowhere near ready though, might be a while yet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2019, 07:54 PM |#147  
Thanks Meter: 283

More
it would be awesome to get an option to exclude a particular app from forced dark theme,
rather than selecting everything and unmark something.

anyway thanks for the hard work.

have some issue with swype keyboard and other keyboards as well,
it switches its color theme even when I specify only a few apps.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android q, dark, force dark, root, theme

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)