FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][ROOT][Q][11/July] DarQ - Per-app selectable force dark option for Android Q

7,953 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,665

By Quinny899, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 30th June 2019, 08:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th July 2019, 09:19 PM |#31  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Salford, Greater Manchester, UK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinwicked

Thanks for getting this out so quickly! I didn't even think about it not working when I updated yesterday.

I know this is off topic, but, you say you have V4A working? How did you do that? I'm on a 3xl on Q and was under the impression it didn't work yet for Q.

Just install the module as normal and unzip and dump the attached sh file in /data/adb/service.d with 0755 permissions (-rwxr-xr-x), then reboot again. It will work as normal after that.
Attached Files
File Type: zip setenforce.zip - [Click for QR Code] (155 Bytes, 62 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2019, 08:25 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

Just install the module as normal and unzip and dump the attached sh file in /data/adb/service.d with 0755 permissions (-rwxr-xr-x), then reboot again. It will work as normal after that.

I don't know why the download button keep good around and nothing is downloading
12th July 2019, 08:54 AM |#33  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by willsrockson

I don't know why the download button keep good around and nothing is downloading

Use the web version not the app
12th July 2019, 03:14 PM |#34  
Flag Athens!!
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Quote:

Already known, will be fixed later today.

No. Read the FAQ.

The bug with the fb messenger is still present in the latest version. It is being applied to messenger in bubble mode without me turning it on for messenger.
12th July 2019, 03:16 PM |#35  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvylas

The bug with the fb messenger is still present in the latest version. It is being applied to messenger in bubble mode without me turning it on for messenger.

Overlays don't count as separate apps, there's no way to fix this.
12th July 2019, 03:21 PM |#36  
Flag Athens!!
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Quote:

Read. The. FAQ.

Overlays don't count as separate apps, there's no way to fix this.

I thought you had a workaround for that because you answered that it will be fixed in the next release to my message but I suppose you meant only the q beta 5 and not that. Thanks anyway the app is working great.
12th July 2019, 06:13 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Without root?
I'd like to use the app just simply for the ability to turn on system dark mode automatically. I don't need the force dark setting. Is this possible to do without root?
12th July 2019, 06:29 PM |#38  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henboy10

I'd like to use the app just simply for the ability to turn on system dark mode automatically. I don't need the force dark setting. Is this possible to do without root?

No. Auto dark is the one thing that will always need root actually, it can't be done by a user app or even ADB anymore.
13th July 2019, 12:07 AM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Why don't you make black list for apps that we don't want to be force dark themed? It would be much easier to select few apps that don't work well with dark theme forced rather than selecting all apps that we want to be themed with force dark mode.
13th July 2019, 12:23 AM |#40  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haax

Why don't you make black list for apps that we don't want to be force dark themed? It would be much easier to select few apps that don't work well with dark theme forced rather than selecting all apps that we want to be themed with force dark mode.

Because force dark is not made to be bulk applied to apps, it breaks far more apps than it works on and causes unexpected bugs that you may not even realise are related to it. It's a developer option, not a user facing option, and shouldn't be applied to anything you don't know for sure it's being applied to.
The Following User Says Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android q, dark, force dark, root, theme

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)