FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][ROOT][Q][11/July] DarQ - Per-app selectable force dark option for Android Q

7,953 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,665

By Quinny899, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 30th June 2019, 08:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th August 2019, 04:10 AM |#81  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 405

More
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

Unless, of course, someone plays it on a device at home - and adds a high hat.

{What? It worked for Vanilla Ice.....}
27th August 2019, 01:31 PM |#82  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
What makes this apps different from 'overrideforcedark' in developer option.. ??
27th August 2019, 06:43 PM |#83  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Salford, Greater Manchester, UK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnvlad

What makes this apps different from 'overrideforcedark' in developer option.. ??

Literally the first line of the first post explains this.
28th August 2019, 08:56 AM |#84  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Ok Instagram isn't working in dark mode. Does this app could help
28th August 2019, 08:04 PM |#85  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Salford, Greater Manchester, UK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnvlad

Ok Instagram isn't working in dark mode. Does this app could help

No. The FAQ explains this too.
5th September 2019, 12:20 PM |#86  
Flag Diever
Thanks Meter: 29

Donate to Me
More
Hi, I love DarQ and since OB1 it seems to work fine with my OnePlus 7 Pro, but unfortunately the Auto Dark Theme (and Force Dark Theme) break OnePlus apps since dark theme is only partially enabled, it still shows light theme in the settings but the main problem is that some stock apps, like the Launcher, won't have the right statusbar icons, which make them unreadable and some apps like the Gallery don't apply the dark them at all. I think this has to do with OnePlus' proprietary dark theme. I'm not really sure how your app works but I assume you enable a setting by editing it's database, if so, since I read you don't have a OnePlus device yourself, I could try and figure out what OnePlus' dark theme database entry is and maybe you could implement that into your app. Let me know! And you delivered some awesome work anyway!
5th September 2019, 01:47 PM |#87  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Pretty convenient seems to be working for some of my apps on the pixel 3
5th September 2019, 04:28 PM |#88  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Any updates on enabling without Root now that Android 10 is official stable? Again, thanks for the hard work and for even creating the app.
9th September 2019, 04:47 PM |#89  
St Louis
Thanks Meter: 195

More
So, I've found a problem with DarQ and the official Android 10. When I upgraded from beta 6, I flashed with the -w. Setup from backup then restored apps from Swift. After setting most of the apps up, I went into settings, apps, all apps, and literally every app I clicked on, the force close popup came up and automatically hit OK. Just as if I had clicked on both myself. Every app. Some other settings do auto popups and selections as well. It's so few and far between, I can't recall all of them right now.

Anyway, so I factory reset again, this time a fresh setup because I figured it was an Android issue. I restored apps from Swift again, set them up, and there it was again. It didn't do this before restoring my apps. So, once more, I did a factory reset, then checked after setting up each app. When I got to DarQ, that's when it started. Uninstalled it, no problem. Tried once more, there it was. Any thoughts on this? I'm not sure I can live without this app. But, I can't live with the force close thing either.

Thanks for any help!
9th September 2019, 07:39 PM |#90  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,459

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinwicked

So, I've found a problem with DarQ and the official Android 10. When I upgraded from beta 6, I flashed with the -w. Setup from backup then restored apps from Swift. After setting most of the apps up, I went into settings, apps, all apps, and literally every app I clicked on, the force close popup came up and automatically hit OK. Just as if I had clicked on both myself. Every app. Some other settings do auto popups and selections as well. It's so few and far between, I can't recall all of them right now.

Anyway, so I factory reset again, this time a fresh setup because I figured it was an Android issue. I restored apps from Swift again, set them up, and there it was again. It didn't do this before restoring my apps. So, once more, I did a factory reset, then checked after setting up each app. When I got to DarQ, that's when it started. Uninstalled it, no problem. Tried once more, there it was. Any thoughts on this? I'm not sure I can live without this app. But, I can't live with the force close thing either.

Thanks for any help!

Sounds more like an issue with Swift Backup to me.

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using XDA Labs
9th September 2019, 07:45 PM |#91  
St Louis
Thanks Meter: 195

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yochananmarqos

Sounds more like an issue with Swift Backup to me.

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using XDA Labs

How, exactly? Did you read my entire post? Because the problem doesn't happen when I uninstall DarQ. Once I install it again, there's the problem again. I'm not sure how that makes Swift the culprit?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android q, dark, force dark, root, theme

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)