FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[App][4.1+] DeskDock - Share computer's mouse & keyboard with Android (+ Drag & Drop)

237 posts
Thanks Meter: 388

By FD_, Senior Member on 24th August 2016, 06:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,
I constantly have my Android devices docked beside my computer, and I used to think how cool it would be if I could use the computer's mouse and keyboard to control the Android device, just by moving the mouse over the computer screen's border onto the Android device's screen. If I could quickly drag and drop files to the Android device.
I was a user of ShareKM some time ago, but unfortunately, it was abandoned and never worked with Mac computers.
Being a hobby app developer, I investigated ways of doing an app like ShareKM myself. Over the years, I had started several attempts at building such an app, but it wasn't until I had written an app called ReverseTethering that I had enough know-how to make my mouse and keyboard sharing app production-ready and to release it.
And here we are. I just released DeskDock to Google Play yesterday.

Features:
  • Use your computer's mouse with your Android devices
  • Share clipboard between computer and Android devices
  • Supports Windows, Linux and macOS
  • Works on all Android versions starting from 4.1
  • NO rooted device required
  • Shortcut for simulating multitouch
  • Connect multiple Android devices to one computer
  • Flexible arrangement of devices
  • Customizable mouse button actions
  • Customizable mouse pointer speed
  • Ready for Android Nougat

I invest huge parts of my leisure time into app development and support. To get something back in return, I created a PRO version with extra features that costs money.
Pro version comes with these extra features:
  • Use your computer's keyboard with your Android devices
  • Keyboard sharing supports international keyboards (eg Umlauts)
  • Drag and Drop: Urls will be opened automatically, APKs will be installed
  • Shortcuts for turning off screen, multitouch, quickly changing volume, screen brightness

Please keep in mind that this is the very first version of the application, so please report bugs you find instead of writing bad Play Store reviews

Links:
Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....deskdock.free
PRO Version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...r.deskdock.pro

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions! Any feedback is highly appreciated !
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to FD_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FD_ Ad-Free

25th August 2016, 01:20 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
THIS IS AMAZEBALLS!!!
I had two nice tablets with decent ips screens but with broken touch lying around , and with this app I have re-purposed them as additional screens , standing on both sides of my lappy, It is simply great...

Huge huge thanks

Mouse cursor is a bit laggy/slow though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WilderSu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WilderSu Ad-Free
25th August 2016, 05:46 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilderSu

THIS IS AMAZEBALLS!!!
I had two nice tablets with decent ips screens but with broken touch lying around , and with this app I have re-purposed them as additional screens , standing on both sides of my lappy, It is simply great...

Huge huge thanks

Mouse cursor is a bit laggy/slow though.

Thanks for your feedback!
26th August 2016, 01:26 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I can't get it to connect. The server app says device detected but the android app won't connect. I did get it working on a CM13 phone but no luck with a 4.4.2 tablet.

:edit: Scratch that, the CM13 phone was connected until it locked now it wont connect at all.

While it worked it was great! I'll buy it when it matures a bit.
29th August 2016, 01:12 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by user442

I can't get it to connect. The server app says device detected but the android app won't connect. I did get it working on a CM13 phone but no luck with a 4.4.2 tablet.

:edit: Scratch that, the CM13 phone was connected until it locked now it wont connect at all.

While it worked it was great! I'll buy it when it matures a bit.

Did the phone say waiting for cable when the server detected it but it wouldn't connect?
29th August 2016, 02:10 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FD_

Did the phone say waiting for cable when the server detected it but it wouldn't connect?

We've been in contact via email.
31st August 2016, 08:10 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by user442

We've been in contact via email.

I see. Didn't know that was you.
krosmopolitan
3rd September 2016, 08:31 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Love the app, 10/10

Only complaint is that the cursor is a bit laggy but other than that its great, i used ShareKM before and now i found this amazing app.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
3rd September 2016, 10:53 PM |#9  
Flag Germany, Thüringen
Thanks Meter: 328

More
just getting error messages in terminal running this on linux when trying to move the cursor to the phone

Code:
Exception in thread "JNativeHook Dispatch Thread" java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: TRANSLUCENT translucency is not supported.
	at java.awt.Window.setOpacity(Window.java:3625)
	at java.awt.Dialog.setOpacity(Dialog.java:1333)
	at an.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at af.a(Unknown Source)
	at ah.a(Unknown Source)
	at ai.nativeMouseMoved(Unknown Source)
	at org.jnativehook.GlobalScreen$EventDispatchTask.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at org.jnativehook.GlobalScreen$EventDispatchTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Exception in thread "JNativeHook Dispatch Thread" java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: TRANSLUCENT translucency is not supported.
	at af.a(Unknown Source)
	at ah.a(Unknown Source)
	at org.jnativehook.GlobalScreen$EventDispatchTask.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
	at af.a(Unknown Source)
	at ah.a(Unknown Source)
4th September 2016, 09:36 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheXorg

just getting error messages in terminal running this on linux when trying to move the cursor to the phone

Code:
	at af.a(Unknown Source)
	at ah.a(Unknown Source)
	at af.a(Unknown Source)
	at ah.a(Unknown Source)
	at af.a(Unknown Source)
	at ah.a(Unknown Source)

What Linux distribution are you using?
4th September 2016, 12:14 PM |#11  
Flag Germany, Thüringen
Thanks Meter: 328

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FD_

What Linux distribution are you using?

Arch Linux
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
drag and drop, keyboard, mouse, sharekm, synergy

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)