[APP][4.1+]Easy Copy - 1 tap Copy Paste | Enhance copy-paste function of Android

Search This thread

MurinXDA

Aug 23, 2011
Paris
Hi everyone,

Easy Copy is a free app which goal is to improve the default Copy - Paste feature in Android.

When you want to copy a text and use it in another app in Android, you normally have to :
- select the text
- tap on the copy button
- quit the current app
- search and open the app where you want to use the copied text
- select the text field
- tap on the paste button

When Easy Copy is installed and enabled on your phone, you only have to :
- select the text
- tap on copy button
- select the action you want to perform thanks to the easy copy popup menu

Easy Copy can be found in the Play Store : download here.

How does it work?
Easy Copy installs a listener on the copy function in Android. After you tap on a copy button, the Easy Copy pop-up menu is displayed.

Available actions:
  • locate an address in Google Maps
  • call a phone number
  • translate with Google Translate
  • create an event/a reminder
  • modify the text you copied
  • send by text message
  • share (when not already available in the current application)
These actions can be enabled or disabled in the settings of the application, and their order in the list can be changed.
You can also add your own actions from the list of the "Share" apps or simply open another app you use often.

A blacklist is also available to block the popup from showing up in certain apps like password managers or text editors : just choose the apps you want to blacklist !

So far the feedback has been good so we hope that you enjoy this app.
We are very interested in all the feedback that you can provide! Dont hesitate to suggest other actions!

Attachments

• 11025253_1567906486784247_2678873189394642450_o.png
    11025253_1567906486784247_2678873189394642450_o.png
    195.3 KB · Views: 4,756
  • 10999427_1567906480117581_8974012517875664740_o.png
    10999427_1567906480117581_8974012517875664740_o.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 4,762
  • 10991619_1567906476784248_3130063095518002875_o.png
    10991619_1567906476784248_3130063095518002875_o.png
    193.2 KB · Views: 4,620
  • 11032137_1567903923451170_5320001181869878680_n.png
    11032137_1567903923451170_5320001181869878680_n.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 4,414
Last edited:

MurinXDA

Aug 23, 2011
Paris
Hi guys,

First I would like to thank GreekDragon for adding the link and Mr Thomas Dallas for publishing a great review for this app! You can find the video on Youtube (Enhance Android's Copy & Paste Functions [How-To] from GadgetHacks, still cant post links ;). We have had lots of downloads thanks to you guys and our userbase is growing fast.

Today we have published a small update which adds a german language version of the app and fixes lots of bugs (v1.1.3).
The next update will focus on adding more options and target new use cases where the app could be useful.

Don't hesitate to test the app and suggest other actions in this thread, i am sure some of you might have great ideas to improve Android Copy and Paste!

Murin

MurinXDA

Aug 23, 2011
Paris
App update v1.2.2

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that we have updated the app with a pretty stable version, v1.2.2

It should correct major issues and introduces new features (since v1.2) :
- Add your own custom actions in the Easy Copy popup!
- New "Send by email" action
- Blacklist feature: specify the apps where you don't want the Easy Copy popup to appear
- Fix for LastPass users: Easy Copy and LastPass do not interfere with each other anymore

Don't hesitate to give us feedback on this new version.

The CamelCorp Team

G

GuestK0036

Great idea and nice implementation, thanks for this app!
Could you add a "copy saved" feature? Like a clipboard in fact.

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
Xposed module Native Clipboard
App Test Aide

How does this play along with these? Guess simply try it.

adl

Dec 18, 2010
Awesome app, always hatet coping phone numbers over to phone app, as somtimes clicking on the number didn´t bring up the dialer.

Last edited:

DrUnKenSTeiN

Oct 11, 2008
I have pushbullet on my xperia z and i use the function where i can copy something from my pc and paste it on my phone. With Easy copy i get a popup everytime i copy something from my pc. I tried to black list pushbullet but nothing changed. I liked easy Copy a lot but i really like the pushbullet copy paste function too. Any ideas?

MurinXDA

Aug 23, 2011
Paris
By dialer do you mean the phone dialer ? I can't even copy anything from my dialer! That is weird though, I don't see why the popup could not appear in the rest of your apps.

Do you have any other app interfering ? Can you send me a logcat ?

MurinXDA

Aug 23, 2011
Paris
Thanks for your feedback.

I am aware of the pushbullet issue. Actually the blacklist is only blocking the popup from apps, not services. To solve this issue I have to set up another blacklist option : a "service" blacklist. This should come in a future release.

The only way around this I can think of for the moment is disabling temporarily easy copy while you are using your computer and re activate it when you're done ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

Easy Copy is a free app which goal is to improve the default Copy - Paste feature in Android.

When you want to copy a text and use it in another app in Android, you normally have to :
    - select the text
    - tap on the copy button
    - quit the current app
    - search and open the app where you want to use the copied text
    - select the text field
    - tap on the paste button

When Easy Copy is installed and enabled on your phone, you only have to :
    - select the text
    - tap on copy button
    - select the action you want to perform thanks to the easy copy popup menu

Easy Copy can be found in the Play Store : download here.

How does it work?
    Easy Copy installs a listener on the copy function in Android. After you tap on a copy button, the Easy Copy pop-up menu is displayed.

Available actions:
    • locate an address in Google Maps
    • call a phone number
    • translate with Google Translate
    • create an event/a reminder
    • modify the text you copied
    • send by text message
    • share (when not already available in the current application)
    These actions can be enabled or disabled in the settings of the application, and their order in the list can be changed.
    You can also add your own actions from the list of the "Share" apps or simply open another app you use often.

A blacklist is also available to block the popup from showing up in certain apps like password managers or text editors : just choose the apps you want to blacklist !

So far the feedback has been good so we hope that you enjoy this app.
    We are very interested in all the feedback that you can provide! Dont hesitate to suggest other actions!
    App update v1.2.2

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that we have updated the app with a pretty stable version, v1.2.2

It should correct major issues and introduces new features (since v1.2) :
    - Add your own custom actions in the Easy Copy popup!
    - New "Send by email" action
    - Blacklist feature: specify the apps where you don't want the Easy Copy popup to appear
    - Fix for LastPass users: Easy Copy and LastPass do not interfere with each other anymore

Don't hesitate to give us feedback on this new version.

The CamelCorp Team
    Hi guys,

First I would like to thank GreekDragon for adding the link and Mr Thomas Dallas for publishing a great review for this app! You can find the video on Youtube (Enhance Android's Copy & Paste Functions [How-To] from GadgetHacks, still cant post links ;). We have had lots of downloads thanks to you guys and our userbase is growing fast.

Today we have published a small update which adds a german language version of the app and fixes lots of bugs (v1.1.3).
    The next update will focus on adding more options and target new use cases where the app could be useful.

Don't hesitate to test the app and suggest other actions in this thread, i am sure some of you might have great ideas to improve Android Copy and Paste!

Murin
    Easy Copy v2.0 - Enhanced clipboard

Hi everyone,

We are excited to annouce that Easy Copy just got updated to v2.0 this morning!
    You can grab the update on the play store.

Easy Copy now becomes a smart clipboard! Here is a short description of the new features and improvements:
    - Automatically store all your copied items in a totally new clipboard function. Access them again and again! Search, edit and add favorites!
    - Access your clipboard from the notification bar and paste your items into all your apps.
    - update of the Copy feature: more convenient design; popup disappears automatically after a few seconds, and is more stable than before
    - bugfix: the Pushbullet bug has been fixed for good! (and the blacklist feature in general too)

Let us know if you like (or not) the new features or have any bugs!

Murin