[App][9.0+] Easy DND (Do Not Disturb) - Beta Release [open-source]

3,276 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,729

By StrangerWeather, Recognized Contributor on 2nd April 2019, 08:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Easy DND (Do Not Disturb)
for Android Pie and up

REVIEWS

"Easy DND is an app that aims to make the DND settings accessible in a more user-friendly manner"
XDA Portal

"If you'd rather open an app than dive into your settings to access the features of your device's do-not-disturb mode, Easy DND is an excellent choice"
Android Police

Easy DND is an app that offers the best features of Android’s Do Not Disturb in an accessible, user-friendly and colorful interface. It is designed for the latest versions of Android (Pie and up).

Change your options on the fly without having to delve into the depths of System Settings. Just keep Easy DND on your main screen and you will not want to go back to the old way of controlling your phone calls and other interruptions.

Easy DND let’s you toggle:

- Full Do Not Disturb - with no interruptions at all
- Priority Only
- Alarms Only
- All Phone Calls
- Starred Contacts Only – for your preferred contacts
- Repeat Callers
- Contacts Only
- Media Sounds
- Alarms
- Automatically turn DND off after next alarm
- More to come…

Easy DND is free, open-source, and made in Flutter, the new way of creating expressive, beautiful apps. It needs only one permission to interact with “Do not Disturb”. Simply turn Easy DND off to exit it. No hassle!

This app is in beta, to join go to : Google Playstore - Easy DND
Please give feedback in this thread.

Source code: Github
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screener_1554188331454.png
Views:	1180
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	4735321   Click image for larger version

Name:	screener_1554188307541.png
Views:	1186
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	4735322   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190401-150734.png
Views:	1212
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	4735323   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190401-150806.png
Views:	1044
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	4735324  
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to StrangerWeather For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StrangerWeather Ad-Free

2nd April 2019, 08:57 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Oxford

More
Changelogs

13/4/2019:
Improved Icon
Fixed text overflow in large devices
Added Alarms Only mode

20/4/2019
Bug fixes - improved stability

8/5/2019
Dark Mode
Priority Only Setting now appears on tile

23/6/2019
New button on appbar allows you to automatically stop DND after your next alarm.

30/6/2019
Added tutorial for first-time users

17/7/2019
Bug fix.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StrangerWeather For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StrangerWeather Ad-Free
2nd April 2019, 03:46 PM |#3  
Flag Oxford

More
Feature requests:

- Custom Schedules
- Mapping to OnePlus Alert Slider
- Integration with Automagic and Tasker
- a quick settings tile to bring up a popup menu
- switch off after next alarm Done in version 1.5.0
- an alarms only mode Done in Version 1.1.0
- Total silence profile that still allows for silent notifications
- Save priority settings so that they stick (touch sounds, media, alarm etc)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StrangerWeather For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StrangerWeather Ad-Free
3rd April 2019, 04:27 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 166

More
It's great, very useful 👍
The Following User Says Thank You to AlienCreature7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlienCreature7 Ad-Free
4th April 2019, 11:12 AM |#5  
Flag Oxford

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienCreature7

It's great, very useful

Thanks, glad you like it!
7th April 2019, 08:16 AM |#6  
Flag Oxford

More
Glad to see there are quite a few installs!
Guys, don't forget to report bugs and make feature requests!
8th April 2019, 11:06 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangerWeather

Glad to see there are quite a few installs!
Guys, don't forget to report bugs and make feature requests!

Looks great! I like the clean design and colors. Might I make 2 suggestions / requests:
1. Is it possible to make the UX a bit more... predictable? For example, when you click a button, it activates an option, but when you click it again, it doesn't seem to do the opposite, which leads to confusion as to how to get back to the original state.
2. Integration with Automagic / Tasker / etc?

Thanks for your efforts!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lampon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lampon Ad-Free
8th April 2019, 11:39 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 230

More
Thanks for the app, it seems useful. And looks pretty nice too, especially the animation when you click or hold something.

A couple features that would make it more useful: a quick settings tile to bring up a popup menu, and an alarms only mode.

Also, something that's probably a bug: when you enable Full DnD, then turn it off, then enable Priority Only, all the media, alarms, etc settings will still be off thanks to Full DnD.

Lastly, I see the description says open source, but don't see a link. Would you mind linking to the source code?
The Following User Says Thank You to BeeWall For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BeeWall Ad-Free
9th April 2019, 02:00 PM |#9  
Flag Oxford

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lampon

Looks great! I like the clean design and colors. Might I make 2 suggestions / requests:
1. Is it possible to make the UX a bit more... predictable? For example, when you click a button, it activates an option, but when you click it again, it doesn't seem to do the opposite, which leads to confusion as to how to get back to the original state.
2. Integration with Automagic / Tasker / etc?

Thanks for your efforts!!

Hello! Thanks for the good words! Could you give me an example of when you click a button and it does not have the expected behaviour? Cheers!
Integration with Automagic and Tasker: I'd have to work out how to do that, but I'll add it to the to do list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeWall

Thanks for the app, it seems useful. And looks pretty nice too, especially the animation when you click or hold something.

A couple features that would make it more useful: a quick settings tile to bring up a popup menu, and an alarms only mode.

Also, something that's probably a bug: when you enable Full DnD, then turn it off, then enable Priority Only, all the media, alarms, etc settings will still be off thanks to Full DnD.

Lastly, I see the description says open source, but don't see a link. Would you mind linking to the source code?

Thanks also for the good words. I'll add the feature ideas, they are good ideas and I should be able to implement them fairly soon. Lastly, Enabling Priority Only is supposed to switch off media, alarms etc initially. Same as Full Dnd. The only difference is that you are then able to toggle them on if needed. Hope this clarifies things!
The Following User Says Thank You to StrangerWeather For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StrangerWeather Ad-Free
9th April 2019, 02:19 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
[QUOTE=StrangerWeather;79299873]Hello! Thanks for the good words! Could you give me an example of when you click a button and it does not have the expected behaviour? Cheers!
Integration with Automagic and Tasker: I'd have to work out how to do that, but I'll add it to the to do list!

Absolutely! As for the 2 items mentioned:
1. Example - it looks like the default state is DND off. If you turn it on using the green top left button, then turn it off again, then click on e.g. media sounds (which is off at that point), it will turn on all 4 options, media, messages, touch, and alarms. You can't then however click to turn any of these off again. Come to think of it, maybe this is a bug where DND state does not match on/off state of various settings.
2. Automagic / Tasker - thanks for looking into this! Not sure if this is your main focus after putting so much effort into the UI, but it would be super useful. I currently use Automagic to set DND on when connected to work wifi, but it refuses to turn it off when disconnected even though I've set that.

Thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to lampon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lampon Ad-Free
9th April 2019, 02:38 PM |#11  
Flag Oxford

More
[QUOTE=lampon;79299986]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangerWeather

Hello! Thanks for the good words! Could you give me an example of when you click a button and it does not have the expected behaviour? Cheers!

Absolutely! As for the 2 items mentioned:
1. Example - it looks like the default state is DND off. If you turn it on using the green top left button, then turn it off again, then click on e.g. media sounds (which is off at that point), it will turn on all 4 options, media, messages, touch, and alarms. You can't then however click to turn any of these off again. Come to think of it, maybe this is a bug where DND state does not match on/off state of various settings.
2. Automagic / Tasker - thanks for looking into this! Not sure if this is your main focus after putting so much effort into the UI, but it would be super useful. I currently use Automagic to set DND on when connected to work wifi, but it refuses to turn it off when disconnected even though I've set that.

Thanks again!

Excellent, thanks, I will check out what you describe and come back to you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)