FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] EasyJoin - A bullet alternative

57 posts
Thanks Meter: 52

By easyjoin, Member on 19th July 2017, 10:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
EasyJoin. Share messages, links, files, folders, notifications and the clipboard easily and securely. Send SMS and manage phone calls from a remote device.

What it makes this app so different from other similar applications:
• You don't have to login to an external server. You don't need an Internet connection. You are not tracked.
• Your files and messages are shared between your devices using only your own WiFi network, preserving your data plan and safeguarding your data.
• You do not have the hassle of advertising and your personal data is not available to advertising companies.
• You can share files and folders from all file managers. It's the app that adapts to your habits and not the other way around.
• You can create your personal WiFi network with one click.
• Native applications for all supported operating systems. You deserve more than just a browser plugin.

Android app
EasyJoin "Essential": Get it from Google Play.
EasyJoin "Pro": Get it from Google Play.

Windows app
Download it here.

Linux app
Download it here.

macOS app
Download it here.

Learn more at EasyJoin.net. If you have any issues read the FAQ to find a solution.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	devices.png
Views:	1386
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	4341240   Click image for larger version

Name:	sms.png
Views:	1332
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	4341242   Click image for larger version

Name:	phone_call.png
Views:	1316
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	4341243   Click image for larger version

Name:	messages.png
Views:	1184
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	4341244   Click image for larger version

Name:	select_file_to_send.png
Views:	1148
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	4341245   Click image for larger version

Name:	receiving_file.png
Views:	1136
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	4341246   Click image for larger version

Name:	send_notifications.png
Views:	1042
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	4341248   Click image for larger version

Name:	hotspot_settings.png
Views:	996
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	4341250   Click image for larger version

Name:	settings.png
Views:	948
Size:	205.4 KB
ID:	4341251  
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to easyjoin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift easyjoin Ad-Free

27th July 2017, 02:06 PM |#2  
OP Member

More
If you have installed the Windows app v1.0 you have to uninstall it and use the live version. If you want to move your current data (messages, trusted devices and configuration) you have to:
- open the directory "c:\users\your_user_name\appdata\local\apps\2.0"
- locate the "easyjoin.exe" file. In the same directory exist the directory "data".
- Copy and paste the "data" directory in the directory "easyjoin.live"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easyjoin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift easyjoin Ad-Free
8th August 2017, 09:57 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
From v1.0.1 you have to follow the steps below to update the Windows version:
1. unzip the " easyjoin.portable-v*.zip" file
2. select all files in folder "easyjoin.portable*"
3. copy the selected files in the folder with the current installation of the program

Note: All your data (devices, messages, settings) are in the "data" folder. By following the above procedure you don't delete your data, you only update the program.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easyjoin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift easyjoin Ad-Free
3rd September 2017, 01:15 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
In the Windows version there is a button in the "Settings" menu to check for updates.
The Following User Says Thank You to easyjoin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift easyjoin Ad-Free
22nd September 2017, 08:48 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Great App.
Your app is very useful. I am using it on windows 10 and android devices. It's working very smooth.

Suggestions:

1. If possible you should add an option to select different sound for notifications.
2. You should add theme options in future updates.
3. In message section, Long pressing on message or file should select the message. Just like you can select message & It gives more options in whatsApp.
4. Are you planning to make an app for iOS in future?

Uninstall guide for Windows app.

You should add step by step uninstall guide for windows app. I am a very basic windows 10 user and I am not able to uninstall the app. I am not able to find directory. It would be great if you can help me with it. Thanks in advance!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VeProid7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VeProid7 Ad-Free
22nd September 2017, 11:03 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeProid7

Your app is very useful. I am using it on windows 10 and android devices. It's working very smooth.

Suggestions:

1. If possible you should add an option to select different sound for notifications.
2. You should add theme options in future updates.
3. In message section, Long pressing on message or file should select the message. Just like you can select message & It gives more options in whatsApp.
4. Are you planning to make an app for iOS in future?

Uninstall guide for Windows app.

You should add step by step uninstall guide for windows app. I am a very basic windows 10 user and I am not able to uninstall the app. I am not able to find directory. It would be great if you can help me with it. Thanks in advance!

About uninstalling the windows version. All you have to do is delete the directory containing the program. Only, if you have enabled the "startup on boot", you have to disabled it in order to remove the key from the registry. Is a self contained app, if you exclude the Microsoft .NET Framework that you have installed separately, and all the files that it use are in the same folder/subfolder.

1,2 are in the todo list.
3. will be available in the next version.
4. Creating an iOs version is not in the current plan because I miss the hardware needed for development.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easyjoin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift easyjoin Ad-Free
23rd September 2017, 11:31 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Available from version 1.0.10. You can send a message (text or file/image) to another application. You can also select multiple messages to forward to an other device or delete.
24th September 2017, 05:20 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Awesome!
That's awesome and It was fast! Thanks a lot for quick update!

Just one suggestion about point 3. When you select text, there should be an option to copy it. Just like WhatsApp.

*About uninstalling windows version:

- I am not able to find the directory. Is it unzipped folder location for easyjoin.exe file? Deleting easyjoin.exe deletes the program, right?

- Also what's the location for that registry file?

*About future plans:

1.What are your plans about easyjoin?

2.There are only few good apps that does file sharing notification sharing for devices. Is it a fun project to provide a free app to users or You are planning to make premium version in future?

3.When did you think about making this app? Are you working on some other apps?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VeProid7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VeProid7 Ad-Free
25th September 2017, 01:43 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:

- I am not able to find the directory. Is it unzipped folder location for easyjoin.exe file? Deleting easyjoin.exe deletes the program, right?

- Also what's the location for that registry file?

Is the folder containing the easyjoin.exe file. If you have enabled "startup on boot" open the app, uncheck the box and then delete the easyjoin folder. The registry file is the Windows one but don't worry about it, just follow the above instructions..

My plan at the moment is to create an easy-to-use application, improve the UI (the current user interface should be considered in alpha version), which does not need an external server to share files and notifications and do not overwhelm the user with advertising.
28th September 2017, 10:43 AM |#10  
OP Member

More
Android app update
There is a new file browser to select the files or folder to send to other devices.
You can use the file browser as stand alone app - there is a new icon in the app list.
28th September 2017, 04:15 PM |#11  
Flag Roma
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Very good job. 'Till now I've used an app that use the ip addresss within the same network to make connection between phone and pc. But your app is faster and simpler.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unvisigoth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift unvisigoth Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
airdroid alternative, chat, file transfer, pushbullet alternative

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)