FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Top Tech YouTubers Review the OnePlus 6!

[APP] EasyJoin - A bullet alternative

57 posts
Thanks Meter: 52

By easyjoin, Member on 19th July 2017, 10:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th September 2017, 04:15 PM |#11  
Flag Roma
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Very good job. 'Till now I've used an app that use the ip addresss within the same network to make connection between phone and pc. But your app is faster and simpler.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unvisigoth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift unvisigoth Ad-Free

3rd October 2017, 12:24 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Hi, i like it. Will you implement a Exit / run-in-background choice on Android?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ks123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ks123 Ad-Free
3rd October 2017, 08:27 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
That would be a great addition. But It will use some battery, right?
3rd October 2017, 08:37 AM |#14  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks123

Hi, i like it. Will you implement a Exit / run-in-background choice on Android?

Hello. The app continues to run in the background even when you exit. Is that what you are asking for or have I misunderstood?
Btw in my devices I have not noticed an increase in battery consumption leaving the app running in the background.
The Following User Says Thank You to easyjoin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift easyjoin Ad-Free
3rd October 2017, 02:00 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyjoin

Hello. The app continues to run in the background even when you exit. Is that what you are asking for or have I misunderstood?
Btw in my devices I have not noticed an increase in battery consumption leaving the app running in the background.

The key word is "choice".
Sooner or later i always have to manage apps with services (freeze, take away receiver intent or uninstall if they refuse to play along) because no matter how small the impact (battery drain, CPU time, RAM) it just sums up.... (or because i hate not be in control...otherwise i would accept an iphone-approach).
So if it does not hurt your philosophy and you like the power of the user, pretty please provide a choice. Thanks for considering.
The Following User Says Thank You to ks123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ks123 Ad-Free
3rd October 2017, 02:06 PM |#16  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks123

The key word is "choice".
Sooner or later i always have to manage apps with services (freeze, take away receiver intent or uninstall if they refuse to play along) because no matter how small the impact (battery drain, CPU time, RAM) it just sums up.... (or because i hate not be in control...otherwise i would accept an iphone-approach).
So if it does not hurt your philosophy and you like the power of the user, pretty please provide a choice. Thanks for considering.

I misunderstood
It's already in the to do list.
The Following User Says Thank You to easyjoin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift easyjoin Ad-Free
6th October 2017, 07:06 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 171

More
I'm on windows 8.1, what am I supposed to do to install this program?

edit, it's ok once I kicked my antivirus a bit, I got it working

How to add something as a trusted device though?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to techguyone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift techguyone Ad-Free
6th October 2017, 07:14 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone

If I am correct, You need to download that zip file. (Link for zip is in the main post or you can download it from easyjoin.net)

Unzip that downloaded file. Open the folder. There will be .exe file. Run it & Pin it to taskbar. So that you can open from there.

Link for windows: https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...0&d=1506182662

Edit: Open EasyJoin on both devices. The app will detect available device with It's default/given name. There will be a + button with device name. Click on it to add it as trusted device.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VeProid7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VeProid7 Ad-Free
7th October 2017, 08:28 AM |#19  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone

edit, it's ok once I kicked my antivirus a bit, I got it working

How to add something as a trusted device though?

VeProid7 was correct. Btw if you have issues with the Windows firewall you can use the vbscript file to open the port. You can execute the vbscript file directly from the folder or from the "Settings" window.
9th October 2017, 03:58 PM |#20  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeProid7

Link for windows: https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...0&d=1506182662

You can find the link for the latest update of the Windows app in the main post. Usually i delete the previous attachments in order to preserve the disk space. The above link is not anymore available.
11th October 2017, 11:47 AM |#21  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,164

More
I have been using EasyJoin for a while and even convinced some of my friends to use to it, and I can say it's been quite great – almost unexpected, actually.

The UI, which was the vocal point in my Play Store review is getting better in each update. However, if looking at a function-over-form perspective, the app is admittedly, very usable.

Apart from the lack of Mac and Linux client (requiring me to use a Windows machine to cross-transfer to my PC), I don't see much to complain about and the solid transfer performance is something I appreciate a lot.

Overall, would definitely recommend. I plan to use the app as an 'on-the-go' replacement for Samba, and it seems to be to doing that job well.
The Following User Says Thank You to F4uzan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift F4uzan Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
airdroid alternative, chat, file transfer, pushbullet alternative

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)