FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Top Tech YouTubers Review the OnePlus 6!

[APP] EasyJoin - A bullet alternative

57 posts
Thanks Meter: 52

By easyjoin, Member on 19th July 2017, 10:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th October 2017, 11:47 AM |#21  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,164

More
I have been using EasyJoin for a while and even convinced some of my friends to use to it, and I can say it's been quite great – almost unexpected, actually.

The UI, which was the vocal point in my Play Store review is getting better in each update. However, if looking at a function-over-form perspective, the app is admittedly, very usable.

Apart from the lack of Mac and Linux client (requiring me to use a Windows machine to cross-transfer to my PC), I don't see much to complain about and the solid transfer performance is something I appreciate a lot.

Overall, would definitely recommend. I plan to use the app as an 'on-the-go' replacement for Samba, and it seems to be to doing that job well.
The Following User Says Thank You to F4uzan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift F4uzan Ad-Free

11th October 2017, 02:27 PM |#22  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4uzan

Overall, would definitely recommend. I plan to use the app as an 'on-the-go' replacement for Samba, and it seems to be to doing that job well.

You just filled my motivational bar
The Following User Says Thank You to easyjoin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift easyjoin Ad-Free
20th October 2017, 03:57 PM |#23  
OP Member

More
Both Android and Windows apps from version 1.0.25 are compatible with the upcoming Android app "EasyJoin Phone calls & SMS".

In the next days will be available the open beta version of "EasyJoin Phone calls & SMS" in the Playstore. As the name suggests with this app you will be able to control phone calls (hung up, mute, answer with speaker on) and send SMS messages from any device (not just your computer). And of course will have all the other functionalities of the EasyJoin app.
The first functionalities available will be those relating to phone calls.
The Following User Says Thank You to easyjoin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift easyjoin Ad-Free
8th November 2017, 09:15 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 405

More
Will you support file transfer via Wifi-Direct and NFC or QR code pairing?
8th November 2017, 09:57 AM |#25  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee 77

Will you support file transfer via Wifi-Direct and NFC or QR code pairing?

I don't find useful the WiFi direct. To much clicks and settings to achieve the same thing you can achieve with a WiFi hotspot. For that reason the app support the creation of a WiFi hotspot with one click from the settings page or using the widget.

What you mean with "NFC or QR code pairing"? The main characteristic of this app is that you don't have to pair, take photos of qr images or write urls in browsers. You just connect all devices in the same network and then you can decide how the devices can interact with each other by adding them in the trusted or temporary list or via settings. Give me more details about this.
8th November 2017, 10:40 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 405

More
I'm thinking of transfer files when you are in the "jungle" or "desert" without any network at all (no mobile data or wifi network). So you can make use of Android Beam functionality within the app.
8th November 2017, 10:48 AM |#27  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee 77

when you are in the "jungle" or "desert" without any network

I had the same thing in mind when i created the WiFi hotspot management. You can create your own wifi network from your device and connect all your other devices without using an external network. Give it a try.
14th November 2017, 03:02 PM |#28  
OP Member

More
EasyJoin "Phone calls & SMS" edition is live on Playstore.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easyjoin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift easyjoin Ad-Free
15th November 2017, 08:31 AM |#29  
OP Member

More
"EasyJoin" and "EasyJoin Phone calls & SMS" cannot coexist in the same device.
If you have installed "EasyJoin", you must uninstall it before installing "EasyJoin Phone calls & SMS".
If you want to keep messages, devices and settings, you can create a backup of the data from "Settings" and restore it to the new installation.
15th November 2017, 03:31 PM |#30  
Flag Sylhet
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Any app for ubuntu ?
15th November 2017, 03:39 PM |#31  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jubayer7

Any app for ubuntu ?

The native Linux and MacOS versions are in the plan, but since I work alone on this app I can't say with certainty when they will be available.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
airdroid alternative, chat, file transfer, pushbullet alternative

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)