FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Wear OS App] Enable Google Pay in unsupported countries using Permanent Proxy!

1,170 posts
Thanks Meter: 288

By Humpie, Senior Member on 9th October 2019, 06:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Humpie: Now released!
Sometimes big companies decide that Geoblocking is a good idea. I don't agree.
So that's why I created this Wear OS app to allow users to use their watch as if they were in another country. This means you can use certain payment apps or otherwise geospecific apps wherever you are in the world!

The app uses Android's built-in http_proxy command that turns on a proxy for the whole system and which normally can only be accessed using a computer and ADB Shell. This app however, uses the "ADB over Bluetooth" functionality of the watch to enable the proxy by itself. This can even be turned on at boot!

To get started, first enable the Developer Options of your watch, which can be achieved by going to Settings -> System -> About and tap the Build number until you are a "developer".
Next, go to Settings -> Developer options and enable "ADB debugging" and "Debug over Bluetooth".
Finally start up Permanent Proxy and press "Always allow this Computer" if prompted.
Now you can get started!
Simply enter a proxy address and port, enable it and you're done!

Proxy services can be found online and can be from any country. However, do make sure you completely trust the proxy you chose before you enter it! All the data of your watch might be sent through that proxy, even sensitive data, so act at your own risk.

Download:
From XDA-Labs as phone companion app: https://labs.xda-developers.com/stor...permanentproxy
Directly onto watch from Google Play Store (still waiting for Google to accept it...): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...permanentproxy
Github: https://github.com/Jolanrensen/Perma...arOS/releases/

Thank you to reddit user /u/shadowban!

XDA:DevDB Information
[Wear OS App] Permanent Proxy, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
Humpie

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.5
Stable Release Date: 2019-10-21

Created 2019-10-09
Last Updated 2019-10-21
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Humpie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Humpie Ad-Free
9th October 2019, 07:06 PM |#2  
@mods, sorry for the duplicate posts, the website is just incredibly slow when creating a thread. This is the right one. I tried to delete the others but it didn't work.
9th October 2019, 09:13 PM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpie

@mods, sorry for the duplicate posts, the website is just incredibly slow when creating a thread. This is the right one. I tried to delete the others but it didn't work.

I have removed all your duplicate threads. Next time, use the Report Post system. Your @ mention didn't do anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thanos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thanos Ad-Free
9th October 2019, 10:35 PM |#4  
Hi @Humpie,

wow, good job with that! I would like to try it, but is there any option to also fill login and password? I prefer to pay for some private proxy, but i think all of these services offer just with login/password.

Thank you for your answer!
10th October 2019, 07:11 AM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by termen

Hi @Humpie,

wow, good job with that! I would like to try it, but is there any option to also fill login and password? I prefer to pay for some private proxy, but i think all of these services offer just with login/password.

I'm looking to see if it's possible but this is entirely dependent on Android itself. To start the Proxy I use the adb shell command "adb shell settings put global http_proxy <address>:<port>", which doesn't allow for credentials. So, if you find how to enable a proxy using adb with password, please let me know!
10th October 2019, 07:10 PM |#6  
Quote:

Hi @Humpie,

Actually, can you try something for me as you might have a proxy with login.
I came across this "<username>:<password>@<yourproxy.com>" being used as address. Maybe this would work as the address?
10th October 2019, 08:24 PM |#8  
Quote:

Good idea, but i don't have a ":" on my watch keyboard

LOL XD. Forgot about that.
Well, I do have a semi solution. If you long press the space bar, you can switch to handwritten mode where you cán type a ":". Good luck XD
But if it works I'll of course add a "username" and "password" option in the app itself.
Edit: if you can't do it on your watch, maybe you could try to type a proxy like this on a Wifi network on your phone! I don't have a proxy with username and password myself so I cannot check, unless you know a free one :P.
10th October 2019, 10:00 PM |#9  
v2.0:
ADB over Bluetooth only needs to be enabled the first time using the app (more battery life yay!)
Way faster proxy switching using WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
New amoled black theme with better layout
11th October 2019, 12:49 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It works!
Thanks! Now I can pay with a watch in the Czech Republic. Only port settings cannot be deleted if I enter the port incorrectly. The application data must be cleared and then re-entered.
11th October 2019, 02:08 PM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlenak

Thanks! Now I can pay with a watch in the Czech Republic. Only port settings cannot be deleted if I enter the port incorrectly. The application data must be cleared and then re-entered.

Great to hear!
And thanks for the feedback, I do notice as well that the app crashes when you submit an empty port, I'll have a look at that. However, you can also just drag the cursor to the end and use the backspace key if you want to change it!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)