FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Wear OS App] Enable Google Pay in unsupported countries using Permanent Proxy!

1,204 posts
Thanks Meter: 297

By Humpie, Senior Member on 9th October 2019, 07:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Humpie: Now on the Google Play store!
19th October 2019, 07:27 AM |#21  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I sideloaded from pc and I have proxy account of nord VPN and how to login proxy with user name and password?
19th October 2019, 08:09 AM |#22  
AFAIK based on testing, there is no option how to add login and password for adb http proxy command. You need proxy /VPN just without credentials. I just created my own proxy on VPS and it's working well.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
19th October 2019, 10:37 AM |#23  
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushsingh

Any proxy suggestions...tried a few but none worked.

I use the app blockanet to check if the Proxy is working before I enter it on my watch, it usually works well but I don't know how secure it is.
19th October 2019, 10:39 AM |#24  
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin_win

I sideloaded from pc and I have proxy account of nord VPN and how to login proxy with user name and password?

Quote:
Originally Posted by termen

AFAIK based on testing, there is no option how to add login and password for adb http proxy command. You need proxy /VPN just without credentials. I just created my own proxy on VPS and it's working well.

Yup, you're right. It seems that Android doesn't support proxies with authentication. I tried a lot of things with @termen to get it to work, but it seems like creating your own proxy is the most secure solution.
19th October 2019, 01:42 PM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpie

I use the app blockanet to check if the Proxy is working before I enter it on my watch, it usually works well but I don't know how secure it is.

Will give it a shot😁
19th October 2019, 02:24 PM |#26  
Flag Barcelona

More
Tried it too and it's working. I'm just worried about using public free proxies and I can't set one up as anyway I live in a "not supported" country. Pity we can't use a vpn service with username and password.
19th October 2019, 02:55 PM |#27  
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduesc

Tried it too and it's working. I'm just worried about using public free proxies and I can't set one up as anyway I live in a "not supported" country. Pity we can't use a vpn service with username and password.

You can rent a server from a supported country and set up a proxy there. There are tons of tutorials on how to set it up .
19th October 2019, 10:56 PM |#28  
Flag Barcelona

More
Is rebooting always forced when disabling the proxy?

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpie

I do notice as well that the app crashes when you submit an empty port, I'll have a look at that. However, you can also just drag the cursor to the end and use the backspace key if you want to change it!

For me actually dragging the cursor to the end and deleting doesn't work,the delete button does nothing. The only workaround I found was to select all and then overwrite the text.
19th October 2019, 11:41 PM |#29  
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduesc

Is rebooting always forced when disabling the proxy?

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

For me actually dragging the cursor to the end and deleting doesn't work,the delete button does nothing. The only workaround I found was to select all and then overwrite the text.

Yup, a reboot is required unfortunately, otherwise Android doesn't detect the proxy is turned off. I found this out around version 3 of the app .

Really? That's odd, it might just be a wear os bug however, because I just created a number-only text field, no reason why it shouldn't work.
20th October 2019, 12:25 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 61

Donate to Me
More
Hi,
Huawei Watch 2 user here. The permission granting doesn't work for me, it just says "Something went wrong, try again later".
I also don't understand how will this work with Google Pay on the watch, since I can't add the card in Google Pay on the phone, because Google Pay reports that the bank that issued the card doesn't allow Google Pay usage. This authorisation doesn't seem location related, but card issuer related.
Thanks.
20th October 2019, 02:52 PM |#31  
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0sAND1s

Hi,
Huawei Watch 2 user here. The permission granting doesn't work for me, it just says "Something went wrong, try again later".
I also don't understand how will this work with Google Pay on the watch, since I can't add the card in Google Pay on the phone, because Google Pay reports that the bank that issued the card doesn't allow Google Pay usage. This authorisation doesn't seem location related, but card issuer related.
Thanks.

Hi, is Adb over Bluetooth enabled on the watch? And if so, which version of the app are you using? v3.2 or v3.3?

If you cannot add a card to Google pay on your phone it won't work on your watch as well. This app simply circumvents the disappearing and "Your country is not supported" of the Google Pay app on your watch. You do need a card from a country that supports Google Pay like DiPocket.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)