FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Wear OS App] Enable Google Pay in unsupported countries using Permanent Proxy!

1,206 posts
Thanks Meter: 297

By Humpie, Senior Member on 9th October 2019, 07:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Humpie: Now on the Google Play store!
7th November 2019, 03:44 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpie

Unfortunately you can't use credentials. My app just sends the command to the system of wear OS (as running a VPN myself is not possible on wear OS) and there, as far I I know and from what I've tried, credentials aren't allowed.
If you however can find a way to enable a system wide Proxy with credentials on Android using the secure settings, let me know!

I just tried it. Permanent Proxy is working without the credentials in the sense that Gpay does not shut down and opens promptly once I press the shortcut button that I have assigned. What is not working on the smart watch now is the internet. For ex: Playstore fails to connect. Internet connection comes back once I remove the proxy server address and keep it blank.
7th November 2019, 04:15 PM |#72  
Quote:
Originally Posted by yassero

I just tried it. Permanent Proxy is working without the credentials in the sense that Gpay does not shut down and opens promptly once I press the shortcut button that I have assigned. What is not working on the smart watch now is the internet. For ex: Playstore fails to connect. Internet connection comes back once I remove the proxy server address and keep it blank.

Exactly, so your proxy does connect but is not authenticated. So the country is detected but you don't have internet connection. The only way to authenticate the proxy is to open a webbrowser and enter your credentials there, but then I found that the proxy only worked inside that browser, so not for other apps, so that's pretty useless.
So yeah... The easiest way is to just set up a proxy yourself without credentials. It's pretty safe because you'll be the only one who knows it exists.
7th November 2019, 07:59 PM |#73  

More
Quote:

Exactly, so your proxy does connect but is not authenticated. So the country is detected but you don't have internet connection. The only way to authenticate the proxy is to open a webbrowser and enter your credentials there, but then I found that the proxy only worked inside that browser, so not for other apps, so that's pretty useless.
So yeah... The easiest way is to just set up a proxy yourself without credentials. It's pretty safe because you'll be the only one who knows it exists.

I'm trying to find a proper tutorial to create a proxy server in the US on the cloud of Google or Amazon.
8th November 2019, 12:09 AM |#74  
Quote:

I'm trying to find a proper tutorial to create a proxy server in the US on the cloud of Google or Amazon.

I think this was the tutorial I followed to get it to work (not entirely sure anymore though) https://www.blackhatworld.com/seo/se...rvers.1057000/
8th November 2019, 08:01 AM |#75  

More
Quote:

I think this was the tutorial I followed to get it to work (not entirely sure anymore though) https://www.blackhatworld.com/seo/se...rvers.1057000/

I used this one and it went up and running on web and I can see traffic on the management console on my Google account but unfortunately the watch is disconnected, not even Gpay. Still trying to figure out the issue.

https://www.labnol.org/internet/setu...-server/12890/
8th November 2019, 12:22 PM |#76  

More
Quote:

Cool...I used this one and it is working perfectly now....atleast covered for $300 then maybe create a new Gmail account afterwards unless Google fixes this shitty block of Gpay on Wear OS before that.
8th November 2019, 01:29 PM |#77  
Quote:

Cool...I used this one and it is working perfectly now....atleast covered for $300 then maybe create a new Gmail account afterwards unless Google fixes this shitty block of Gpay on Wear OS before that.

I think there's a good chance Google has fixed it before you run out of your $300 haha, it takes only like a buck a month to run the lowest spec VM I think, and you don't need anything stronger if you're just using it for your watch.
8th November 2019, 09:23 PM |#78  

More
Quote:

I think there's a good chance Google has fixed it before you run out of your $300 haha, it takes only like a buck a month to run the lowest spec VM I think, and you don't need anything stronger if you're just using it for your watch.

I hope so. One disadvantage of Permanent Proxy is that it prevents the auto screen lock which I was always using to secure the NfC for Gpay.
9th November 2019, 09:26 AM |#79  
Quote:

I hope so. One disadvantage of Permanent Proxy is that it prevents the auto screen lock which I was always using to secure the NfC for Gpay.

No it doesn't? Which auto screen lock are you talking about?
9th November 2019, 10:04 AM |#80  

More
Quote:

No it doesn't? Which auto screen lock are you talking about?

The one in the settings of the watch. Was always locking the screen until I installed Permanent Proxy.
9th November 2019, 05:13 PM |#81  
Quote:

The one in the settings of the watch. Was always locking the screen until I installed Permanent Proxy.

The auto locking the screen when you take the watch off your hand?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)