[Wear OS App] Enable Google Pay in unsupported countries using Permanent Proxy!

Search This thread

Humpie

Recognized Developer
Hi Bro, can you please help me too. Can you share the proxy with me. I have already installed permanent proxy in the watch. Tried to sideload push gpay and use it but it still catches the location and says it's not available in your country. So i think proxy is the only solution.
Again, don't sideload GPay, that's not necessary. It appears by itself when you find a working Proxy and if it doesn't, you can help it with the pay enabler app.
Try a blockanet Proxy where all the checkmarks are, well, checked. Those proxies last a few days usually. A better solution is to create your own.

Humpie

Recognized Developer

BPM

Mar 4, 2006
Hi Bro, can you please help me too. Can you share the proxy with me. I have already installed permanent proxy in the watch. Tried to sideload push gpay and use it but it still catches the location and says it's not available in your country. So i think proxy is the only solution.

I used blockanet and took the first server from Germany.
after I configured the proxy gpay was available. but it is still not stable. I have the new ip for a few minutes. after that my ip change back to the ip from my isp. no clue how to get it stable

I used blockanet and took the first server from Germany.
after I configured the proxy gpay was available. but it is still not stable. I have the new ip for a few minutes. after that my ip change back to the ip from my isp. no clue how to get it stable

I tried the same. But it still says, Gpay is not available in your country. I have tried many proxies from Germany, USA.

BPM

Mar 4, 2006
Oh btw, for those choosing an obscure port on their Google Cloud Proxy using this https://www.blackhatworld.com/seo/set-up-your-own-google-cloud-proxy-servers.1057000/ tutorial. Don't forget to add your chosen port to the firewall, otherwise it will be blocked. Go to the Network interface details of your VM, click default-allow-http(s), edit, and add your port behind the port 80/443 already there.

will try that. made my own google vm proxy but can not access it (ping is possible).

janusloo

Jul 23, 2010
I was encountering the same problem and I found the solution on my end. I'm not sure if your situation is similar but here is what's going for me:

I've just started dabbling with wear os in the past week, but one of the features that I really wanted was being able to use gpay, so the first thing I did was try to mimic the steps I went through in order to enable it on my phone since I'm not in a gpay supported country, neither phone nor wear os. The trick I used on my phone in order to install the app was to use a secondary google account that was registered in the US. I use this trick whenever I need to install apps that are not available on my local playstore, and by doing so I get updates and everything even when I switch the playstore to my main google account.

So the first thing I did was to install the secondary (US) google account on the watch as well. I didn't know about the permanent proxy app and so I naturally used a vpn service. I then accessed the playstore on the watch, searched for google pay, it was available and chose to enable it. I then went through with adding a card, etc. Pressing the 3 buttons or the card didn't crash the app.

I then deleted the secondary google account from the watch to see if gpay remained available and it did, but only if I used a vpn. But this time around, pressing the 3 buttons crashed the app. Afterwards I went through the above steps of adding the secondary google account and gpay didn't crash anymore.

My hypothesis is that the crash is happening because your google account is not from one of the supported gpay countries (not even with the phone), and by using permanent proxy or a vpn, a preinstalled system gpay app becomes available with limited features (such as being able to add only 1 card) that is prone to these crashes and isn't supported nor available on the watch's playstore.

PS. "big thank you" for the developer

Hi a big thank to you and a happy new year! I tried your method by adding a new Google accont when on US VPN (google cloud in US). I created the secondary google account correctly on my phone (skipping to register my phone number). I verified with that account if I can download Hulu and I could so it is clearly an US google account. However, after adding this google account as my secondary account to my watch, GPay still crashes when I tap the 3 dots or simply touch the logo. Both actions would result in a crash in GPay.

So your method doesn't work for me unfortunately.... but thanks a lot for trying out this myterious crash and trying to solve it...

Humpie

Recognized Developer
Hi a big thank to you and a happy new year! I tried your method by adding a new Google accont when on US VPN (google cloud in US). I created the secondary google account correctly on my phone (skipping to register my phone number). I verified with that account if I can download Hulu and I could so it is clearly an US google account. However, after adding this google account as my secondary account to my watch, GPay still crashes when I tap the 3 dots or simply touch the logo. Both actions would result in a crash in GPay.

So your method doesn't work for me unfortunately.... but thanks a lot for trying out this myterious crash and trying to solve it...

Have you tried updating Google Pay using the Play Store on your watch? For me it didn't automatically update, because GPay used to be disabled. After enabling/updating it manually using the Play Store, it doesn't crash anymore.

Reactions: janusloo

janusloo

Jul 23, 2010
Have you tried updating Google Pay using the Play Store on your watch? For me it didn't automatically update, because GPay used to be disabled. After enabling/updating it manually using the Play Store, it doesn't crash anymore.
Wow :) That did the trick! A big thanks!!!! So what I did: went to Play Store on my watch, chose the US google account, searched for GPay. Apparently it showed Disabled (!) on the watch despite the fact that I can access GPay and use it with Permanent Proxy! Strange indeed. After I enabled GPay on my watch, the update showed up and I updated it immediately. Now it works! Tapping on the card shows the past transactions. Tapping on the 3-dots now I have the options to add new cards... really great! Thank you!

Last edited:

Humpie

Recognized Developer
Google just suspended Permanent Proxy AGAIN from the Google play store. I've yet to receive an email for the reason why, but I'll keep you up to date. In the meantime, you can still download the mobile app from xda labs or GitHub and use the apps on your phone section in the play store of your watch, or you can download the wear version from GitHub.

Update:
After a whole day and after I had sent another email asking for explanation (yeah, I know, scandalous), I received the following:

Thanks for contacting the Google Play team.

Status of app (nl.jolanrensen.permanentproxy): Suspended from Google Play due to policy violation

During review, we found that your app violates section 4.9 of the Developer Distribution Agreement (DDA):

You will not engage in any activity with Google Play, including making Your Products available via Google Play, that interferes with, disrupts, damages, or accesses in an unauthorized manner the devices, servers, networks, or other properties or services of any third party including, but not limited to, Google or any Authorized Provider. You may not use user information obtained via Google Play to sell or distribute Products outside of Google Play.
Additionally, we noticed the following policy violation issues while reviewing your app:

Device and Network Abuse policy. We don’t allow apps that interfere with, disrupt, damage, or access in an unauthorized manner the user’s device, other devices or computers, servers, networks, application programming interfaces (APIs), or services, including but not limited to other apps on the device, any Google service, or an authorized carrier’s network.
For example, your app currently facilitates or provides instructions on how to hack services, software or hardware, or circumvent security protections.

Please note that suspensions count as strikes against the good standing of your Google Play Developer account. Egregious or multiple policy violations can result in suspension, as can repeated app rejections or removals.

I don't agree at all with these claims. "section 4.9" would essentially violate all VPN apps, yet they are allowed on the Play Store. You can even enable Google Pay on your watch using a VPN app on your phone, so calling Permanent Proxy out for being a Proxy app that can interfere with other apps is just bull crap.

The second one I can find myself in, as they bolded "user's device", because PP uses ADB to call the watch itself and enable WRITE SECURE SETTINGS permission. This could be removed from the app easily, but then you'd have to enable that permission using ADB and a pc. I tried to make PP as simple as possible so that that wouldn't have to be necessary.

"Hacking services etc" again is bull****. It's a proxy, come on. I don't specifically target "Google Pay" in the description of Permanent Proxy, nor in the app itself. If you want it to unblock AliPay or some other country-restricted app, you can do so. "Circumvent security protections", Well, I don't consider a geoblock a security protection, do you?

Anyways, I asked for explanation and specific examples for both claims and basically got the finger back (after 3 days):
As much as I'd like to help, I’m not able to provide any more information or a better answer to your question. In our previous email, I made sure to include all the information available to me.

So yeah, I'm fed up with Google. I'm not even gonna try anymore. Permanent Proxy is open source and can be downloaded from Github and XDA Labs. What other store should I upload it on?
I'll also be removing the Donation option as it currently is in the app because that uses the Google billing api, making Google take a share. Paypal it is!
Hopefully you understand

Humpie

Recognized Developer
v3.8:
Removed Google Billing donations in favor of Paypal

Installation
Method 1: Download the latest mobile-release.apk from https://github.com/Jolanrensen/PermanentProxy-for-WearOS/releases or from https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/nl.jolanrensen.permanentproxy and install it on your Android phone. Next, go to the "Apps on your phone" section in the Play Store on your Wear OS watch. Install Permanent Proxy.

Method 2: Download the latest wear-release.apk from https://github.com/Jolanrensen/PermanentProxy-for-WearOS/releases. Install it on your Wear OS watch directly using ADB.

PhotoPaul

Mar 1, 2012
v3.8:
Installation
Method 1: Download the latest mobile-release.apk from https://github.com/Jolanrensen/PermanentProxy-for-WearOS/releases or from https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/nl.jolanrensen.permanentproxy and install it on your Android phone. Next, go to the "Apps on your phone" section in the Play Store on your Wear OS watch. Install Permanent Proxy.

Hello Humpie, and thanks for this handy app.

If someone already has a previous version installed both on the Phone and on the Watch, and they update the app on their phone with the latest version, do they have to first uninstall the older version app from their watch and then re-install it, is there a faster way to update the app on their watch, or updating the app on the watch is done automatically and no steps are necessary?

Humpie

Recognized Developer
Hello Humpie, and thanks for this handy app.

If someone already has a previous version installed both on the Phone and on the Watch, and they update the app on their phone with the latest version, do they have to first uninstall the older version app from their watch and then re-install it, is there a faster way to update the app on their watch, or updating the app on the watch is done automatically and no steps are necessary?
You're welcome!
No you don't have to uninstall, it's still the same package. The easiest way indeed is just to update the phone version from xda labs or something and then the watch version will update eventually automatically! (Or you can manually update it from the "apps on your phone" section in the play store on your watch).

Kelvinzy

Sep 22, 2007
#169 Totally agree with you Humpie.
Permanent Proxy is just a VPN tools for wear os
if its not allowed,
as common sense, Google should dis-allowed and remove all VPN related APPS for android phone from their play store.

Althrough I'm google and android FANS.
I don't like the way how they deal with google pay for wear os( they opened this function for all country few years ago and then closed it in most of those country)
and I will always support this great small and useful APPS and author.

adriantc_ro

Jan 23, 2014
I have managed to setup my own proxy server, installed the Permanent Proxy app via Wifi ADB and everything seemed to work (including Google Pay which showed up fast). However once I have disconnected from my home network (thru which I did the ADB changes) I noticed the proxy don't work anymore. It is still configured correctly, however the app shows my external IP as the external IP used by the phone and not the proxy IP. The internet on the watch still does not work. Do you have any idea what is the problem? Should I have configured the proxy without being connected to Wifi?

EDIT: Seems the proxy server stopped for some reason. So it was not a proxy settings issue.

Last edited:

Humpie

Recognized Developer
I have managed to setup my own proxy server, installed the Permanent Proxy app via Wifi ADB and everything seemed to work (including Google Pay which showed up fast). However once I have disconnected from my home network (thru which I did the ADB changes) I noticed the proxy don't work anymore. It is still configured correctly, however the app shows my external IP as the external IP used by the phone and not the proxy IP. The internet on the watch still does not work. Do you have any idea what is the problem? Should I have configured the proxy without being connected to Wifi?

Hi!
It shouldn't matter how you set up Permanent proxy. Once it's enabled the IP+port you entered is stored on the watch's system settings and your watch will always try to use that proxy to connect to the internet (even if you uninstall permanent proxy without disabling the proxy from the app first).
If your watch cannot connect to the proxy it will default to connecting to the internet without proxy, so in your case, it might be that your phone is blocking the proxy and your home network isn't. That way on your home network, the watch will connect to the proxy and through your phone it can't.
Which port are you using for your self-made proxy? I've read about some issues sometimes with port 80 (as it's commonly used for http and thus deemed unsafe my mobile providers). In that case my advice would be to change your proxy to another obscure port, this would also be more secure as it's harder to guess. Do make sure no firewall where you created the proxy is blocking that port.

Reactions: adriantc_ro

adriantc_ro

Jan 23, 2014
Hi!
It shouldn't matter how you set up Permanent proxy. Once it's enabled the IP+port you entered is stored on the watch's system settings and your watch will always try to use that proxy to connect to the internet (even if you uninstall permanent proxy without disabling the proxy from the app first).
If your watch cannot connect to the proxy it will default to connecting to the internet without proxy, so in your case, it might be that your phone is blocking the proxy and your home network isn't. That way on your home network, the watch will connect to the proxy and through your phone it can't.
Which port are you using for your self-made proxy? I've read about some issues sometimes with port 80 (as it's commonly used for http and thus deemed unsafe my mobile providers). In that case my advice would be to change your proxy to another obscure port, this would also be more secure as it's harder to guess. Do make sure no firewall where you created the proxy is blocking that port.

While the server had problems it seems also the 80 port is troublesome with my mobile Internet. As you mentioned the connection to the proxy cannot be done on 80, so I changed to a new port and it worked. Now if I could only add the cards to Google Pay. Damn Google ?

Humpie

Recognized Developer
While the server had problems it seems also the 80 port is troublesome with my mobile Internet. As you mentioned the connection to the proxy cannot be done on 80, so I changed to a new port and it worked. Now if I could only add the cards to Google Pay. Damn Google ?
Great!
Is GPay crashing? Or can't you add them for another reason? In the first case, try to manually update GPay from the play store.

adriantc_ro

Jan 23, 2014
Great!
Is GPay crashing? Or can't you add them for another reason? In the first case, try to manually update GPay from the play store.

I have pretty much everything installed: Magisk (with GPay fix module, Hide enabled for GMS and GPay, SafetyNet all green), EdXposed (GMS blacklisted), Google Play Store certified. But I cannot seem to add the cards... I mean I can add them, but it cannot enable the contactless feature. Initially it only said the bank doesn't support it (although it sure does... it is Revolut and Curve, both are supported UK fintechs), but it tried to do the normal authorization procedure (I could see the hold). Someone gave me the idea to clear the Data on Play Services and after I did that the message changed and stated it detected the root (everything still Green with SafetyNet). It is really annoying since Google Pay is one of the highlights of Wear OS and I cannot use it.

Humpie

Recognized Developer
I have pretty much everything installed: Magisk (with GPay fix module, Hide enabled for GMS and GPay, SafetyNet all green), EdXposed (GMS blacklisted), Google Play Store certified. But I cannot seem to add the cards... I mean I can add them, but it cannot enable the contactless feature. Initially it only said the bank doesn't support it (although it sure does... it is Revolut and Curve, both are supported UK fintechs), but it tried to do the normal authorization procedure (I could see the hold). Someone gave me the idea to clear the Data on Play Services and after I did that the message changed and stated it detected the root (everything still Green with SafetyNet). It is really annoying since Google Pay is one of the highlights of Wear OS and I cannot use it.
Oh you mean in Google pay on your phone! I'm rooted with magisk as well and I can add cards, so that's not the problem. However, if you cannot enable contactless payments for a card then that card's BIN number is not supported. The BIN number defines which country the card is from and that number needs to be from one of the supported countries. You can look up which country your card belongs to online.
I cancelled my Revolut card when I found out it had a Dutch BIN. Then I changed my address to Germany (because it's a supported country), ordered a new one and changed the delivery address back to the Netherlands. Using that method I got a card with a German BIN, that one I could add to Google pay and I've been using it to pay with my watch for a few months now.

adriantc_ro

Jan 23, 2014
Oh you mean in Google pay on your phone! I'm rooted with magisk as well and I can add cards, so that's not the problem. However, if you cannot enable contactless payments for a card then that card's BIN number is not supported. The BIN number defines which country the card is from and that number needs to be from one of the supported countries. You can look up which country your card belongs to online.
I cancelled my Revolut card when I found out it had a Dutch BIN. Then I changed my address to Germany (because it's a supported country), ordered a new one and changed the delivery address back to the Netherlands. Using that method I got a card with a German BIN, that one I could add to Google pay and I've been using it to pay with my watch for a few months now.

I have 2 cards with UK bins so they are valid (and supported according to Google). One of them is a Revolut with a UK bin (when Revolut started supporting my country the first batches of cards had UK bin and I got one of those… now they have proper Romanian bin). Anyhow I have even tried putting in a UK address on Google’s payment profile and adding the card while on a VPN in UK. Still no go… somehow it first detects the root (again SafetyNet is green) and if I try again I only get that general bank not supported error.

What settings do you have in Magisk and what modules are loaded? Is GMS hidden? Is Pay hidden? As many details as you can provide would be perfect.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple app to set the built-in proxy setting on a Wear OS device and enable geo-restricted apps like Google Pay in unsupported regions!

Sometimes big companies decide that Geoblocking is a good idea. I don't agree. So that's why I created this Wear OS app to allow users to use their watch as if they were in another country. This means you can use certain payment apps or otherwise geospecific apps wherever you are in the world!

The app uses Android's built-in http_proxy command that turns on a proxy for the whole system and which normally can only be accessed using a computer and ADB Shell. This app however, uses the "ADB over Bluetooth" functionality of the watch to enable the proxy by itself. This can even be turned on at boot!

Installation
    (Google removed this ability sadly)

Method 2: Download the latest wear-release.apk from https://github.com/Jolanrensen/PermanentProxy-for-WearOS/releases. Install it on your Wear OS watch directly using ADB.
    Wear installer can also be used:

Get started
    To get started, first enable the Developer Options of your watch, which can be achieved by going to Settings -> System -> About and tap the Build number until you are a "developer". Next, go to Settings -> Developer options and enable "ADB debugging" and "Debug over Bluetooth". Finally start up Permanent Proxy, request permission and press "Allow" or "Always allow this Computer" if prompted. After requesting permission, ADB can be turned off again to save battery, unless you want to turn off the proxy completely.

Now you can get started! Simply enter a proxy address and port, enable it (and on boot if you like) and you're done!

Proxy services can be found online and can be from any country. However, do make sure you completely trust the proxy you chose before you enter it! All the data of your watch might be sent through that proxy, even sensitive data, so act at your own risk. I personally recommend strongly to create your own proxy. This can be done easily using the (trial of) Google Cloud. A tutorial can be found below:

Having trouble getting permission?
    Some older watches are not powerful enough to get Secure Settings permission by itself using my method. If this is the case for your watch, you will need a PC to grant Permanent Proxy permission. The instructions are also available in the app description.

First make sure to connect your watch to your PC via ADB. You can Google how to do this, there are lots of tutorials. When your watch is connected, use the command

Code:
    adb shell pm grant nl.jolanrensen.permanentproxy android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
    to give Permanent Proxy the permissions needed to turn on/edit the proxy.

To turn off the proxy, connect to your PC in the same manner as before, but now you will need the following command:

Code:
    adb shell settings delete global http_proxy; adb shell settings delete global global_http_proxy_host; adb shell settings delete global global_http_proxy_port; adb shell settings delete global global_http_proxy_exclusion_list; adb shell settings delete global global_proxy_pac_url; adb shell reboot

How to create a proxy on Google Cloud? (May 2020)

1. Go to console.cloud.google.com.
    2. If you want to activate the free trial in the top-right corner, you can!
      O7I0e1H.png

3. Fill in your information. You can pick your own country. It doesn't matter for the proxy.
      ecXWFtC.png

4. Next you can create a new project by clicking here on the top bar, or you can use the default one.
      oQObPaN.png

5. From the sidebar on the (top)left, go to Compute Engine and VM instances:
      AkeT155.png

6. And let's create a new VM instance:
      PYgzNC1.png

7. Fill in the settings. Make sure the region and zone are set to a supported region for Google Pay on Wear OS. A safe bet is always to pick the US for this. For the machine type, just pick the cheapest one. This is fast enough for the proxy.
      3LQsb2O.png

8. Next, we change the boot disk...
      4r46FEC.png

...to, let's say, the latest LTS version of Ubuntu:
      Di1VRpi.png

9. After selecting, enable both HTTP- and HTTPS traffic
      izKP5jE.png

10. And, press Create!
      HlDMVD2.png

11. Wait for it to load and then we can press "SSH" to connect to the VM. We can also already see the External IP. This is the IP our proxy will have eventually.
      Zl7JEgn.png

12. This opens up a terminal where we can start to set up the proxy!
      6MDz41l.png

13. Type "sudo adduser squid", enter and then it will create a new user. It will ask for a new password and to retype it. You can pick whatever you like. After this it will ask you for details. Just press enter until you're done.
      23jtY6J.png

14. Next, to add the user, type "sudo usermod -aG sudo squid"
      KoUAzOT.png

15. Let's update the packages by typing " sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y upgrade". This might take a bit...
      ysgjjfm.png

16. Now let's install squid using "sudo apt-get install squid" and press enter on "Do you want to continue?".
      KiMwxic.png

17. Also install nano, to be able to edit the config, using "sudo apt-get install nano".
      7uilDDw.png

18. Now that squid is installed, let's set it up. Type "sudo cp /etc/squid/squid.conf /etc/squid/squid.conf.bak" to make a backup of the config (If you mess up, you can restore it using "sudo cp /etc/squid/squid.conf.bak /etc/squid/squid.conf"), and to start editing the config, type "sudo nano /etc/squid/squid.conf".
      NhaMFuP.png

19. Go to line 1411 by pressing Ctrl, Shift and -, and typing 1411, or use Ctrl+W to search for "http_access deny all". Replace "http_access deny all" with "http_access allow all" to make sure we can connect to the proxy.
      SXCFMDh.png

20. Go to line 1907 by pressing Ctrl, Shift and -, and typing 1907, or use Ctrl+W to search for "http_port 3128". Replace 3128 by a random 5-digit number under 65536 (and make sure it's not a commonly used port, for security. Check wikipedia to find out which ports are common.) and note this down. This will be your port for the proxy.
      cwqYWjd.png

21. Save the file using Ctrl+O and then press Enter. Next, leave nano using Ctrl+X. You'll end up back on the command line.
      NAEEAdS.png

22. Restart squid using "sudo systemctl restart squid" and check if it's running using "sudo systemctl status squid".
      7GtMton.png

23. Were done here! Type "exit" until the window closes.
      ZxGXUst.png

24. Now we need to go to "Setup Firewall Rules. This setting can also be found under VPC network, Firewall rules from the side menu.
      ItK7sYH.png

25. For both "default-allow-http" and "default-allow-https" we need to add our port. So for each, click on the name...
      ft7PVOT.png

...hit Edit...
      61f0C5s.png

...and add the random port you chose before, with a comma in front, after the one already present in the tcp field.
      R1feNhr.png

Save, and then you're done (After you did both).

You should now be able to connect to the proxy using the Permanent Proxy app. Use the external IP mentioned above and the random port you came up with to connect.
      If there's ever abnormally large usage of the vm or you're getting billed more than expected, quickly change the port to something else, as it might have been indexed by a free proxy website.

Some tips:
    • Create your own proxy. Free proxies might work, but usually they stop working within a couple of days if they work at all. A tutorial can be found above.
    • Proxies with a password don't work.
    • Don't sideload Google Pay on your watch. It should enable by itself.
    • Clearing the data of Google Pay using the settings on the watch also helps sometimes. You can also find remove updates / disable the app there.
    • After enabling the proxy, exit the app, give your watch some time and then check back in the Permanent Proxy app to see whether your External IP has changed to the one you entered as proxy. If so, good job, you're connected!
    • You can make your watch refresh its Google Pay availability check in two ways. Either by setting the IP/port again in the Permanent Proxy app, or by tapping "Home App" in Settings, System, About, Versions.
    • Does Google Pay still not appear? Sometimes you have to enable it by searching Google Pay in the Play Store. You can also use the Pay Enabler app, which takes you to the Google Pay page in the Play Store.
    • Google Pay works if you see the icon in your quick settings.
    • Google Pay gets stuck when adding a new card? Check the Google Play stores for updates for Google Pay.
    • Only cards you can use to pay with your phone in stores can be added to Google Pay on your watch. This means you'll need a card from a supported Google Pay country.
    • Permanent Proxy only works for IPv4 networks. If you're on a network that uses IPv6, in theory, Google can still check your country. Turn off WiFi if you have to.
    • Using a VPN on your phone that routs the internet traffic of the Wear OS app through it is an alternative to Permanent Proxy, but you'll have to turn off WiFi on your watch, only use Bluetooth and keep the VPN on your phone always on.
    • Uninstalling Permanent Proxy will not stop the proxy. Stop the proxy using the app before uninstalling it, or stop the proxy using the ADB command above.
    • Google Pay might not work if your Google account was created in a non-supported country. Try creating a new Google account (or migrating your own) using a VPN to a supported country, like the US (Failing to do so can result in "this app is no longer compatible with your device" on the Play Store at the Google Pay page). Your account is successfully migrated to the US, for example, if you see $ dollars in the Play Store. This must be your main account on the watch.
    • Permanent Proxy might not work if your watch connects to cellular directly.

Thanks to reddit user /u/shadowban!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Wear OS App] Permanent Proxy, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Humpie

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 3.8
    Stable Release Date: 2020-01-06

Created 2019-10-09
    Last Updated 2020-01-06
    Quick guide for these who want own proxy server for free that couldnt be easily used by anyoneelse than other WearOS users
    1. Register at AWS
    2. Run EC2 instance (free tier eligible is t2.micro if I remember correctly) in region that has GPay available, I used RHEL 8 as OS (ubuntu is for kids :silly:) and Frankfurt region
    3. Configure security group to allow SSH from your home IP and port youre gonna use for proxy (default is 3128) from IP range youll be using (I am lazy so I put 0.0.0.0/0 there)
    4. SSH to server, then sudo su, yum update, yum install squid, confirm everything
    5. vi /etc/squid/squid.conf
    http_port 0.0.0.0:3128 - update this line for having IPv4 address like here, if not then it will listen on IPv6 only, and update port if you want to, and put somewhere in the file these lines
    Code:
    acl domain_to_remote_proxy dstdomain .gstatic.com
    acl ref_to_remote_proxy referer_regex [^.]*\.gstatic\.com.*
    acl domain_to_remote_proxy dstdomain .googleapis.com
    acl ref_to_remote_proxy referer_regex [^.]*\.googleapis\.com.*
    acl domain_to_remote_proxy dstdomain .mobvoi.com
    acl ref_to_remote_proxy referer_regex [^.]*\.mobvoi\.com.*
    acl domain_to_remote_proxy dstdomain .ticwear.com
    acl ref_to_remote_proxy referer_regex [^.]*\.ticwear\.com.*
    acl domain_to_remote_proxy dstdomain .googleusercontent.com
    acl ref_to_remote_proxy referer_regex [^.]*\.googleusercontent\.com.*
    acl domain_to_remote_proxy dstdomain .gvt1.com
    acl ref_to_remote_proxy referer_regex [^.]*\.gvt1\.com.*
    acl domain_to_remote_proxy dstdomain .ipify.org
    acl ref_to_remote_proxy referer_regex [^.]*\.ipify\.org.*
    http_access allow domain_to_remote_proxy
    http_access allow ref_to_remote_proxy
    forwarded_for delete
    Its bare minimum Im using on my Ticwatch Pro, you can add your own urls for apps and stuff
    6. systemctl restart squid
    7. configure permanent proxy to your public IP and a port you configured (or default one)
    8. If something is not working, just connect to SSH and use tail -200 /var/log/squid/access.log | grep DENIED to list what rules are you missing
    Another quick guide (well same as my previous with AWS but for another cloud) for these who want own proxy server for free that couldnt be easily used by anyoneelse than other WearOS users, this time with Oracle Cloud always free instance (as it should be always free, not only for year or something :) )
    1. Register at OCI, I selected Frankfurt as home region as I live in Czech republic and this is the closest with supported Gpay
    2. Create VM.Standard.E2.1.Micro instance, I used Oracle Linux 8 (Note - if you will get "out of the host capacity" error, it means that always free limit in your selected region/AD is temporaryfull, just try it in couple of days)
    3. Configure default security list for network VCN to allow SSH from your home IP on TCP port22 and the port youre gonna use for proxy (default is 3128) from IP range youll be using (I am lazy so I put 0.0.0.0/0 there)
    4. SSH to server, then sudo su, yum update, yum install squid, confirm everything
    5. vi /etc/squid/squid.conf
    http_port 0.0.0.0:3128 - update this line for having IPv4 address like here, if not then it will listen on IPv6 only, and update port if you want to, and put somewhere in the file these lines
    Code:
    acl domain_to_remote_proxy dstdomain .gstatic.com
    acl ref_to_remote_proxy referer_regex [^.]*\.gstatic\.com.*
    acl domain_to_remote_proxy dstdomain .googleapis.com
    acl ref_to_remote_proxy referer_regex [^.]*\.googleapis\.com.*
    acl domain_to_remote_proxy dstdomain .mobvoi.com
    acl ref_to_remote_proxy referer_regex [^.]*\.mobvoi\.com.*
    acl domain_to_remote_proxy dstdomain .ticwear.com
    acl ref_to_remote_proxy referer_regex [^.]*\.ticwear\.com.*
    acl domain_to_remote_proxy dstdomain .googleusercontent.com
    acl ref_to_remote_proxy referer_regex [^.]*\.googleusercontent\.com.*
    acl domain_to_remote_proxy dstdomain .gvt1.com
    acl ref_to_remote_proxy referer_regex [^.]*\.gvt1\.com.*
    acl domain_to_remote_proxy dstdomain .ipify.org
    acl ref_to_remote_proxy referer_regex [^.]*\.ipify\.org.*
    http_access allow domain_to_remote_proxy
    http_access allow ref_to_remote_proxy
    forwarded_for delete
    Its bare minimum Im using on my Ticwatch Pro, you can add your own urls for apps and stuff
    6. firewall-cmd --zone=public --permanent --add-port 3128/tcp (here you should change port to the one that you are using)
    7. firewall-cmd --reload
    8. systemctl enable squid
    9. systemctl start squid
    10. configure permanent proxy to your public IP and a port you configured (or default one)
    11. This part is tricky with OCI, I faces that some of the public IPs werent detected by google correctly as in Germany, so I needed to edit instance VNIC to remove public IP and assign new empheral public IP
    12. If something is not working, just connect to SSH and use tail -200 /var/log/squid/access.log | grep DENIED to list what rules are you missing
    IT WORKED!!
    Permanent Proxy is now finally available on the Google Play store!!
    You can download it directly onto your watch by searching for it or using the url https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.jolanrensen.permanentproxy
    Enjoy!
    Google just suspended Permanent Proxy AGAIN from the Google play store. I've yet to receive an email for the reason why, but I'll keep you up to date. In the meantime, you can still download the mobile app from xda labs or GitHub and use the apps on your phone section in the play store of your watch, or you can download the wear version from GitHub.