FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[EOL][APP][2.3+][All FB versions] Facebook Chat Enabler Reborn (feat. Helper)

2,181 posts
Thanks Meter: 17,678
 
Thread Closed Email Thread
17th May 2015, 02:28 PM |#1001  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Galaxy S6 works w/o APK installed
Hi,

I have a Galaxy S6 with FB and Messenger pre-installed.

I disabled Messenger via the Manage Applications tab, and still have access to chat in Facebook.
Just wanted to let you know, maybe this leads to a solution for newer FB version...
 
 
19th May 2015, 03:36 AM |#1002  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1431999350904.jpg
Views:	1386
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	3320225
Do you know why this happens? I cant upload photos..
19th May 2015, 07:23 AM |#1003  
Portgas D. Ace's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mare Tranquillitatis
Thanks Meter: 2,671
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neto777

Attachment 3320225
Do you know why this happens? I cant upload photos..

This issue has been reported several times. Could you tell us how you got FB chat working? Either by installing re-enabler app or by installing/freezing (older) messenger app. And which FB version and Android version you are running.
19th May 2015, 09:18 PM |#1004  
urim225's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kercova
Thanks Meter: 108
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulerick92

try this : Facebook Chat Re-Enabler
its work
im using Facebook version 32 and Cyanogenmod 12.1

I just modified antaresone apps

change this:
minSdkVersion: '8'

to this:
minSdkVersion: '21'

Do notifications come in from Facebook app when you got a message or not ?
19th May 2015, 10:23 PM |#1005  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orville87

This issue has been reported several times. Could you tell us how you got FB chat working? Either by installing re-enabler app or by installing/freezing (older) messenger app. And which FB version and Android version you are running.

Actually I used the fb app posted here, the latest version of lollipop 5.1 and chat enabler installed after, I didn't have installed fb before.. I had installed a new rom
20th May 2015, 07:15 AM |#1006  
Portgas D. Ace's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mare Tranquillitatis
Thanks Meter: 2,671
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neto777

Actually I used the fb app posted here, the latest version of lollipop 5.1 and chat enabler installed after, I didn't have installed fb before.. I had installed a new rom

Try to download the Messenger v1.0 app, provided in this thread, uninstall the re-enabler app and install the Messenger v1.0 instead. Don't update it through Play Store, maybe even freeze it with Titanium Backup and try again.
21st May 2015, 07:16 AM |#1007  
Senior Member
Flag L.A.
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
Anyone able to get this working on v33.x.x.x.x?
21st May 2015, 08:27 AM |#1008  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Seems like messenger was re-implemented in the facebook app. It still won't work if you don't have messenger installed, but I froze messenger with Titanium and the in-app chat works perfectly.
22nd May 2015, 04:56 AM |#1009  
oddspec's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag palm bay
Thanks Meter: 1,331
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by just4u32

Seems like messenger was re-implemented in the facebook app. It still won't work if you don't have messenger installed, but I froze messenger with Titanium and the in-app chat works perfectly.

Yup posted this a miilon times in this thread u can run the latest fb app with this method and it hasn't stopped working since they started this messagner req been doing it this way since day one

Sent from my Nexus 6
22nd May 2015, 08:32 PM |#1010  
alboz83's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
More
Sorry guys, but if i install and freeze Messenger, the push notifications work?
23rd May 2015, 12:54 AM |#1011  
urim225's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kercova
Thanks Meter: 108
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alboz83

Sorry guys, but if i install and freeze Messenger, the push notifications work?

100% will work I've been using it for 2 months and never missed a message. It's the best think to do
Edit: just unsitall them both first if.you have them then fresh install Facebook and Messenger, after that freeze Messenger app and then login from Facebook app
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chat, facebook, messenger
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes