[APP][6.0+] Fingerprint Quick Action -- Let your fingerprint sensor more useful

Search This thread

lzwfkv

Oct 17, 2007
Early version of the xposed implementation was just completed. I upload it for test only, you need to bear the risk of testing yourself. In addition to xposed implementation, it is no different from the 0.5.0 version, if you do not want to test the Xposed module, there is no need to update.
Hi i am testing the xposed module version as of rel. 0.6.0 and it seems stable so far since first run upon installation and reboot. It is also more comfortable than the standalone version for me: no icon in the notification bar to keep it alove as a foreground service, no need to give accessibility access (standalone version sometimes lost the permission or forgot to already have it and asked for it again randomly).
Testing on xiaomi redmi note 3 special edition miui 8 android 6.
Thanks.

Inviato dal mio Kate

Last edited:

KalayZ

Sep 8, 2015
Does some one have the same problem as me.

After I lock the phone and unlock it the module doesnt work anymore, I need to tick the "enable finger... " off and on.
After that it works till I lock and unlock it again.
If I did something wrong I would be happy if some one could help me.

Using s7 edge 6.0.1

gnam

Jul 14, 2007
0.6.0 with xposed implementation doesn't work here (S7 Edge rooted with Phoenix rom v.3.0 and Voltaqe 4.2 kernel).

mustafaokeer

Oct 28, 2011
xposed mode doesnt work here (htc 10 6.0.1 rooted stock kernel/rom) it locks for once and unlock doesnt work after. Just vibrates and nothing. rolling back to 0.5

ruchimes

Jul 27, 2016
Xposed working perfect
Before this when I traed to open the camera from the lockscreen There was an error And with xposed is not that error.
Just now a perfect app
Thanks

brz44MI

Nov 13, 2012
Why am I having a prob with it saying dosent work on SMT-800/Android 6 stock Rom then? Keeps saying finger print isn't supported on my device? Not! Is samsung blipocking it?. It allows me to turn on accessibility permissions for it. PMED you on this but nada back from you..Grr this stuck on stupid app says error in taking screen shot. There is a check box for non exposed but the error of this device dosent support finger print blockers me from checking it?

Zacharee1

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Why am I having a prob with it saying dosent work on SMT-800/Android 6 stock Rom then? Keeps saying finger print isn't supported on my device? Not! Is samsung blipocking it?. It allows me to turn on accessibility permissions for it. PMED you on this but nada back from you..Grr this stuck on stupid app says error in taking screen shot. There is a check box for non exposed but the error of this device dosent support finger print blockers me from checking it?
How long did you wait for a reply? Most devs aren't on the forum at all times.

D-m-x

Apr 28, 2011
Germany
Without more information, no. Unusable and won't uninstall isn't any help. Tell exactly what happened and which errors you get then maybe someone can help you.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 6P mit Tapatalk

Reactions: RaymondPJR

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
Without more information, no. Unusable and won't uninstall isn't any help. Tell exactly what happened and which errors you get then maybe someone can help you.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 6P mit Tapatalk
I'm not sure what went wrong, it took some thinking on what to do. When I first opened it I enabled some sort of voice commands. It was horrible, it read everything and my phone became very laggy! When uninstalling the app would disappear, but continue working even after a reboot. Anyway, I used EZ Disabler to see what was running. Tried disabling a couple of things with no result. When I disabled 'voice assistant' I was able to uninstall it completely. All good now!

Sent from my SM-N930T using XDA-Developers mobile app

The_Steph

Mar 20, 2007
Paris
someone stole ur app mate: http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/1...app-brings-one-pixel-feature-android-devices/

kind of surprised AP are reporting on something that is copied like that.

I tested it and I am sure that @ztc1997 work has not been stolen. Despite the fact that it has doble tap option (nice to have feature for next release), it is far more slow than FQP, atleast on OP3...

Keep up the good work @ztc1997 and thanks for the xposed module!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Perform quick actions via tap/swipe on fingerprint sensor.

Demo video by @Andromjb (App version 0.4.0) (Original post)

At the beginning, I just want to develop a simple app to sleep my device via tap fingerprint sensor. But for more users to be convenient, I decide to add more features.

Google Pixel has a feature that expand/collapse notification panel via swipe fingerprint sensor, However detect swipe on fingerprint sensor requires hardware support, so I thought of an alternative to clicking/swiping on the Fingerprint Sensor to toggle notification panel.

Fingerprint Quick Action use Accessibility to detect interface switching and perform some quick actions, so you need to turn on the application's accessibility features so that it can work properly.

Fingerprint Quick Action use DevicePolicyManager API to sleep your device by default, however, in many ROMs, it will result in Smart Lock and fingerprint to unlock doesn't work, by my test, it is only works properly on MIUI ROMs. So the app provide another way to sleep your device, that is simulating a power button press, this method requires Root Access.

When other apps using the fingerprint sensor, Fingerprint to Unlock will be temporarily disabled until you switch to another interface.

Get it

Translation
    I can only provide English (may not be accurate) and Chinese, if you wish to correct the existing language errors or provide new language translations, commit to source code. If you are not familiar to github, you can also contact me via email to help me translate it.

Source code
    https://github.com/ztc1997/Fingerprint2Sleep

Donate
    The donation has been suspended, the project will soon offer in-app purchases, the unfinished donation will be returned, please support me with in-app purchases. And the donators that completed donation will receive a redemption code.

TODO
    • Add More Quick Actions
    • Double Tap Action
    • Per Fingerprint Action
    • Xposed Implementation (Done)

Identifying the direction of the slide and long press events requires hardware support that can not be done with the application alone.

Change Log
    Code:
    0.9.1:
    [LIST]
    [*]Update translations
    [/LIST]

0.9.0 (Beta):
    [LIST]
    [*]Add auto retry blacklist
    [*]Add force non-Xposed mode switch
    [*]Add licences dialog
    [*]Add matters need attention
    [/LIST]

0.8.0:
    [LIST]
    [*]Try to fix the abnormal power consumption in Xposed mode
    [*]Add quick action: Launch app or shortcut
    [/LIST]

0.7.6:
    [LIST]
    [*]Fix for the garbled of Spanish
    [*]Optimize the opening speed of the interface
    [*]Optimize the memory use of the service
    [/LIST]

0.7.4[17/11/2016]:
    [LIST]
    [*]Fix for Xposed mode does not work on many devices
    [*]Shorten timeout method: Some fix
    [/LIST]

0.7.3[15/11/2016]:
    [LIST]
    [*]Shorten timeout method: Fix for unable to restart scanning after screen on
    [/LIST]

0.7.2[15/11/2016]:
    [LIST]
    [*]Shorten timeout method: Fix for crash on Nougat
    [/LIST]

0.7.1[15/11/2016]:
    [LIST]
    [*]Fix for AccessibilityService state detection problem
    [/LIST]

0.7.0[15/11/2016]:
    [LIST]
    [*]Add new screen off method: [I]Shorten time out[/I] (Does not cause the fingerprint to unlock does not work, do not need root access)
    [/LIST]

0.6.0/0.6.1[13/11/2016]:
    [LIST]
    [*]Add Xposed implementation
    [/LIST]

0.5.0[29/10/2016]:
    [LIST]
    [*]Add fast swipe event detection (The idea comes from [URL="https://github.com/gerges"]gerges@github[/URL] )
    [*]Add more quick actions (Go back, Show recent apps, Show power menu, Toggle split screen, Expand quick settings)
    [/LIST]

0.4.0[21/10/2016]:
    [LIST]
    [*]Auto restart scanning after interface switching
    [*]Add action "Toggle Notifications Panel"
    [*]Increases the speed of simulating press on power button
    [/LIST]

0.3.1 [15/10/2016] :
    [LIST]
    [*]Run background service in another process (For less memory use)
    [*]Only request the Device Admin if necessary
    [*]Try to fix the problem which it can only take effect once on some devices
    [/LIST]

0.3.0 [14/10/2016] :
    [LIST]
    [*]Change app name to Fingerprint Quick Action
    [*]Users can select between 3 quick actions (Sleep, Home, Expend Notifications Panel)
    [*]Try to fix open SettingActivity after screen on
    [/LIST]
    Updated to 0.5.0.
    • Add fast swipe event detection (The idea comes from gerges@github.com )
    • Add more quick actions (Go back, Show recent apps, Show power menu, Toggle split screen, Expand quick settings)
    I am now working on Xposed implementation, the next update may take a long time.
    Re-open source

I finally decided to open source my project, hope that more people can learn from it, and hope that people who have the ability to help me improve it.

Source code: https://github.com/ztc1997/Fingerprint2Sleep
    We will soon see this application in the play store. I applied the developer account for a long time but has not been successful. At present, I temporarily use my friend's account to release.
    I found something about the Google Dialer problems.
    Read here: https://code.google.com/p/android/i... Priority Owner Summary Stars Reporter Opened

So its not a problem with your App, @ztc1997

OK, I see this. I will try to make some of the features no longer rely on accessibility, and make turning on accessibility as an optional feature