Demo video by @Andromjb (App version 0.4.0) (Original post)
At the beginning, I just want to develop a simple app to sleep my device via tap fingerprint sensor. But for more users to be convenient, I decide to add more features.
Google Pixel has a feature that expand/collapse notification panel via swipe fingerprint sensor, However detect swipe on fingerprint sensor requires hardware support, so I thought of an alternative to clicking/swiping on the Fingerprint Sensor to toggle notification panel.
Fingerprint Quick Action use Accessibility to detect interface switching and perform some quick actions, so you need to turn on the application's accessibility features so that it can work properly.
Fingerprint Quick Action use DevicePolicyManager API to sleep your device by default, however, in many ROMs, it will result in Smart Lock and fingerprint to unlock doesn't work, by my test, it is only works properly on MIUI ROMs. So the app provide another way to sleep your device, that is simulating a power button press, this method requires Root Access.
When other apps using the fingerprint sensor, Fingerprint to Unlock will be temporarily disabled until you switch to another interface.
I can only provide English (may not be accurate) and Chinese, if you wish to correct the existing language errors or provide new language translations, commit to source code. If you are not familiar to github, you can also contact me via email to help me translate it.
The donation has been suspended, the project will soon offer in-app purchases, the unfinished donation will be returned, please support me with in-app purchases. And the donators that completed donation will receive a redemption code.
- Add More Quick Actions
- Double Tap Action
- Per Fingerprint Action
- Xposed Implementation (Done)
Identifying the direction of the slide and long press events requires hardware support that can not be done with the application alone.
- Update translations
- Add auto retry blacklist
- Add force non-Xposed mode switch
- Add licences dialog
- Add matters need attention
- Try to fix the abnormal power consumption in Xposed mode
- Add quick action: Launch app or shortcut
- Fix for the garbled of Spanish
- Optimize the opening speed of the interface
- Optimize the memory use of the service
- Fix for Xposed mode does not work on many devices
- Shorten timeout method: Some fix
- Shorten timeout method: Fix for unable to restart scanning after screen on
- Shorten timeout method: Fix for crash on Nougat
- Fix for AccessibilityService state detection problem
- Add new screen off method: Shorten time out (Does not cause the fingerprint to unlock does not work, do not need root access)
- Add Xposed implementation
- Add fast swipe event detection (The idea comes from [email protected] )
- Add more quick actions (Go back, Show recent apps, Show power menu, Toggle split screen, Expand quick settings)
- Auto restart scanning after interface switching
- Add action "Toggle Notifications Panel"
- Increases the speed of simulating press on power button
- Run background service in another process (For less memory use)
- Only request the Device Admin if necessary
- Try to fix the problem which it can only take effect once on some devices
- Change app name to Fingerprint Quick Action
- Users can select between 3 quick actions (Sleep, Home, Expend Notifications Panel)
- Try to fix open SettingActivity after screen on