[App][4.1+][Be Simple]fooView (Float Viewer): Shapes & Customized Search@20201231

Search This thread

Artieza

Mar 17, 2016
LG G8
LG V60 ThinQ
Layout fail. FTP-server.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171217211948.png
    Screenshot_20171217211948.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 390
Reactions: fvalpha

fvalpha

Dec 29, 2015
V0.8.8.6 2017.12.22 Changelog:
1. Music Player:
-- Support Playlist
-- Show Current Playing On Homepage
2. OCR Module:
-- Add 70+ Language Packs For Auto Text Recognition
3. Compatiblity:
-- Some Works On Samsung, One Plus, Huawei,Xiaomi
-- Some Works On Android 8
-- Fix Android Emoij Cannot Zoom In Case
4. Other Minor Improvements:
-- Support Ringtone Chooser Etc.
-- Support Intent.ACTION_WEB_SEARCH
-- Optimize Multiple Windows
-- High, Middle, Low Icon Position

sandeshdroid

Nov 11, 2014
kathmandu
Thanks for making this awesome app. Can you please put all bottons at bottom like new chrome home? It will be useful for large screen devices. It is easy to open multiple tabs but hard to close with one hand. Can you please add swipe to delete tab feature?

mermade

Nov 2, 2016
@fvalpha: I have noticed slight delay when a webpage opens in the fooview browser compared to standalone browsers like Chrome/FF. I checked this with various pages on both the fooview browser and other browser and observed that there is always some latency when opening pages. Note that I have a very fast (75 Mbps) connection but still observed slight delay when loading pages. Can you please look into this?

One other thing is the Accessibility permission setting switch. I tapped on the switch to disable the accessibility setting (in fooView app) and it took me to the system Accessibility setting page where I disabled the setting for fooview. However, when I went back and saw the fooView switch, it was still enabled. It should be disabled (since the main system accessibility setting for fooView is already disabled). Please fix this.

fvalpha

Dec 29, 2015
Thanks for making this awesome app. Can you please put all bottons at bottom like new chrome home? It will be useful for large screen devices. It is easy to open multiple tabs but hard to close with one hand. Can you please add swipe to delete tab feature?

Layout will be optimized for single hand in future versions.
Swipe down from the window button to show windows, and swipe to close any window in it.

Reactions: m2habert

fvalpha

Dec 29, 2015
@fvalpha: I have noticed slight delay when a webpage opens in the fooview browser compared to standalone browsers like Chrome/FF. I checked this with various pages on both the fooview browser and other browser and observed that there is always some latency when opening pages. Note that I have a very fast (75 Mbps) connection but still observed slight delay when loading pages. Can you please look into this?

One other thing is the Accessibility permission setting switch. I tapped on the switch to disable the accessibility setting (in fooView app) and it took me to the system Accessibility setting page where I disabled the setting for fooview. However, when I went back and saw the fooView switch, it was still enabled. It should be disabled (since the main system accessibility setting for fooView is already disabled). Please fix this.

Will check the delay case.
Normally fooView will check the system switch status, if system switch is off, fooView can hardly enable the switch. So it's not normal. Will look into the possibility, and I guess the system switch status is wrong in this case now.

mermade

Nov 2, 2016
Will check the delay case.
Normally fooView will check the system switch status, if system switch is off, fooView can hardly enable the switch. So it's not normal. Will look into the possibility, and I guess the system switch status is wrong in this case now.

I think you have misunderstood the Accessibility issue. Let me try to explain again. There are two switches for this setting (one in fooView permission page and the other is system setting). Ideally, both should show the same status (that is, if system setting is on, then fooView setting should also be on and vice versa). Now the issue currently with fooView is that when the switch is tapped in fooView permission page, it takes to the system Accessibility page where I now turn the setting off and then when I come back to fooView permission page, I should be seeing the switch status as off but currently it is still on which is a bug. It wrongly informs the user that the accessibility setting is on when in reality it is actually off. Please fix this.

fvalpha

Dec 29, 2015
I think you have misunderstood the Accessibility issue. Let me try to explain again. There are two switches for this setting (one in fooView permission page and the other is system setting). Ideally, both should show the same status (that is, if system setting is on, then fooView setting should also be on and vice versa). Now the issue currently with fooView is that when the switch is tapped in fooView permission page, it takes to the system Accessibility page where I now turn the setting off and then when I come back to fooView permission page, I should be seeing the switch status as off but currently it is still on which is a bug. It wrongly informs the user that the accessibility setting is on when in reality it is actually off. Please fix this.

Yes,I mean the same thing. I haven't got the same feedback before except for this one. Sometimes when fooView is killed by the system, the system switch is on and fooView switch is off, this is a common case, which is a known system bug. But current one is opposite and it's odd.

mermade

Nov 2, 2016
@fvalpha: I just observed that the text seen on fooView notification entry is not visible at times with certain themes. Refer the attached screenshot

https://ibb.co/fz6LCR

Are you able to include some option in your app settings to tackle this? Thanks

EDIT: Not sure what changed but when I restarted my phone and checked, I was able to see the notification text correctly. Will continue to monitor this and report if I observe this again. Thanks.

Last edited:

fvalpha

Dec 29, 2015
@fvalpha: I just observed that the text seen on fooView notification entry is not visible at times with certain themes. Refer the attached screenshot

https://ibb.co/fz6LCR

Are you able to include some option in your app settings to tackle this? Thanks

EDIT: Not sure what changed but when I restarted my phone and checked, I was able to see the notification text correctly. Will continue to monitor this and report if I observe this again. Thanks.

It should be grey(black) by design. Will record the issue, if you meet it again, please keep me informed. Thank you!

mermade

Nov 2, 2016
@fvalpha: I have a suggestion.

Moving the floating orb over certain links for example "pediabooks.top" or "zarabook.club" from any app (ex: Notes or Web browser address bar, etc.) and long tapping until "A" appears (for text) shows a small window with the identified text. The first option at the bottom of this window is a Google search icon (magnifying glass icon). After selecting the above link and tapping on Google search opens the page directly instead of doing a google search. However, selecting certain other terms (single words for ex: "Chrome" or "Browser") and tapping the icon does a Google search. Can you therefore add another icon (could be something like a Globe for opening the link directly and tweak the first option so that it should just do a Google search for any text term (including a link) and not open any page directly?

Another way to look at this is after copying a link (for ex: "pediabooks.top"), we see a bar at the top of the window that shows the copied text and remains for about 5 secs. Tapping the menu (three dots) does not show the "Open" option. It only shows open when the copied text includes the format "https://pediabooks.top". Can you also add the "Open" option for those strings that are separated by a period (basically a link) always in the menu (and not just when "http(s)://" is included) so that the app tries to open any copied text as a link. Of course, it would not make sense to have the open option for single words like "browser" or "computer". Let me know your thoughts.

fvalpha

Dec 29, 2015
@fvalpha: I have a suggestion.

Moving the floating orb over certain links for example "pediabooks.top" or "zarabook.club" from any app (ex: Notes or Web browser address bar, etc.) and long tapping until "A" appears (for text) shows a small window with the identified text. The first option at the bottom of this window is a Google search icon (magnifying glass icon). After selecting the above link and tapping on Google search opens the page directly instead of doing a google search. However, selecting certain other terms (single words for ex: "Chrome" or "Browser") and tapping the icon does a Google search. Can you therefore add another icon (could be something like a Globe for opening the link directly and tweak the first option so that it should just do a Google search for any text term (including a link) and not open any page directly?

Another way to look at this is after copying a link (for ex: "pediabooks.top"), we see a bar at the top of the window that shows the copied text and remains for about 5 secs. Tapping the menu (three dots) does not show the "Open" option. It only shows open when the copied text includes the format "https://pediabooks.top". Can you also add the "Open" option for those strings that are separated by a period (basically a link) always in the menu (and not just when "http(s)://" is included) so that the app tries to open any copied text as a link. Of course, it would not make sense to have the open option for single words like "browser" or "computer". Let me know your thoughts.

Currently the address with "." will be seen as a web link and will be opened directly, you can long press the search button to choose a search.
Will improve it.

mermade

Nov 2, 2016
Currently the address with "." will be seen as a web link and will be opened directly, you can long press the search button to choose a search.
Will improve it.

Thanks, I never knew about that. So the "long tap to search" feature works fine, however, the bar that appears at the top for about 5 secs only needs the option "Open" for links (with a period). Hope that will be added soon. Thanks a lot!

Artieza

Mar 17, 2016
LG G8
LG V60 ThinQ
It‘s registered as a browser by design.
In which app? Have you set the default to other browser?
Can't understand. It was here on Lollipop. But now I see only Firefox and Copy URL by Text Aide. It's Nougat. ?

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Got it. In the system settings I have "Browser" prefs. Changed from Firefox to fooView and got fooView in chooser but lost Firefox. What the stupid system. Could you bypass it and register your browser like Copy URL of Text Aide?

fvalpha

Dec 29, 2015
Thanks, I never knew about that. So the "long tap to search" feature works fine, however, the bar that appears at the top for about 5 secs only needs the option "Open" for links (with a period). Hope that will be added soon. Thanks a lot!

It should be the same logic in browser or clipboard, that is, tap for link, long tap for search. If it doesn't work, please give an example and I will test it carefully.

fvalpha

Dec 29, 2015
Can't understand. It was here on Lollipop. But now I see only Firefox and Copy URL by Text Aide. It's Nougat.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Got it. In the system settings I have "Browser" prefs. Changed from Firefox to fooView and got fooView in chooser but lost Firefox. What the stupid system. Could you bypass it and register your browser like Copy URL of Text Aide?

FV can only be registered as a http opener in the system and it's done, all the left is decided by the system.

Top Liked Posts