[App][4.1+][Be Simple]fooView (Float Viewer): Shapes & Customized Search@20201231

Search This thread

Domnea

Mar 11, 2016
On 8.1, you can use the tile on the notification area to enable/disable fooView any time to solve the floating overlap layer issue.
For keyboad overlap issue, you can edit the icon position from the settings or set hide list on the keyboard to other styles.

Yes I figured it out.
Just love the option to set height for the line it fixes all my frustration with miss clicks! I wish to be full screen long :p
For now I'm very pleased with the 500% height line, no problems in any app never made a miss click , but when I open keyboard the "half circle" appear. Can I hide it and stick with the line?
Great update!
P. S: in stock android 7 the screen recording was kinda lagging with visual artifacts, in Android 8 it's perfect but internal audio doesn't work at all. Yes I did installed fooView as system app(as should be). Maybe it's my rom not compatible or it's just Google fault making it impossible?

Reactions: fvalpha

mermade

Nov 2, 2016
The network check will check update info from the amazon server, including the required list, such as the search engine, the updated library, new ad filter list (if enabled) and other new version information.
You can disable it by the tile on the notification bar if you don't use it.

For updates and ad filter subscriptions, it's fine if the app makes network requests. However, why would your app make connections to "news.google.com" even though the phone is idle and not being used?

https://ibb.co/m0MM8n

crime_of_heart

I have just noticed when using paste as a gesture (for example when short tap to fooView icon) the tesxt always pasted to the end istead of the current cursor position. This makes paste functionality very limited. Could you please at least have an option to paste to the current cursor position instead of the end of the current text?

Thanks!

thisisarjun

Jan 17, 2015
Hello,I have been using this app for very long time.
Since the recent updates which is having customize task, I am not knowing how to use that customize task feature. That feature seems very interesting, can you please provide video tutorial and example of how to use it??
Thank you

fvalpha

Dec 29, 2015
For updates and ad filter subscriptions, it's fine if the app makes network requests. However, why would your app make connections to "news.google.com" even though the phone is idle and not being used?

https://ibb.co/m0MM8n

There might be a "news" keyword on your homepage (which is by default as a demo). If your "news" keyword directs to news.google.com (or any other web you have set), it will get the thumbnail from the website. You can set up the time interval, the thumbnail region or disable it.

to mention one more thing :
keywords and thumbnail feature is an interesting feature, you might try it.

Last edited:

fvalpha

Dec 29, 2015
Yes I figured it out.
Just love the option to set height for the line it fixes all my frustration with miss clicks! I wish to be full screen long :p
For now I'm very pleased with the 500% height line, no problems in any app never made a miss click , but when I open keyboard the "half circle" appear. Can I hide it and stick with the line?
Great update!
P. S: in stock android 7 the screen recording was kinda lagging with visual artifacts, in Android 8 it's perfect but internal audio doesn't work at all. Yes I did installed fooView as system app(as should be). Maybe it's my rom not compatible or it's just Google fault making it impossible?

You can set the icon style for the keyboard in the settings (auto hide list setting).
It should work by design but we will check the possibility for the internal audio on Android 8.

fvalpha

Dec 29, 2015
I have just noticed when using paste as a gesture (for example when short tap to fooView icon) the tesxt always pasted to the end istead of the current cursor position. This makes paste functionality very limited. Could you please at least have an option to paste to the current cursor position instead of the end of the current text?

Thanks!

It's a limitation in current version. Due to some compatibility issue in some browsers, the paste on edittext box is designed as "paste to the end" in current version. We will improve it to "paste to the cursor" in future versions.

Reactions: crime_of_heart

fvalpha

Dec 29, 2015
Hello,I have been using this app for very long time.
Since the recent updates which is having customize task, I am not knowing how to use that customize task feature. That feature seems very interesting, can you please provide video tutorial and example of how to use it??
Thank you

Thanks. The task module is still in the development and we have something to complete. More guides will be provided after those work.

knodalyte

Jan 1, 2011
Waltham, MA
OnePlus 9
Sometimes the "Last app" action is available in the list of actions for the single tap gesture, sometimes it is missing. Currently I don't see it. Does anyone know how to get it back?

P.S. awesome app!

meo

create a link of saved picture on desktop

a feature request:

I often use the tool to cut a screen area out of a camera image - such as train travel time, opening hours of a restaurant ...
If I have the small picture, I save it in the popup dialog (disk picture)
But it's nice to have an extra button or function near the Save button that saves the image and creates a link on the desktop

mermade

Nov 2, 2016
There might be a "news" keyword on your homepage (which is by default as a demo). If your "news" keyword directs to news.google.com (or any other web you have set), it will get the thumbnail from the website. You can set up the time interval, the thumbnail region or disable it.

to mention one more thing :
keywords and thumbnail feature is an interesting feature, you might try it.

Why would you keep such a feature by default where it downloads the thumbnails of news articles every x mins? What purpose does it serve? Instead, if it keeps polling and show some breaking news to the user, then it makes sense? I would think this to be a waste of bandwidth. When the user wants to read news, he would just click on the News link and that would load the current updated news page (nes.google.com). Isn't that simple?

mermade

Nov 2, 2016
@fvalpha: Are you able to add the following additional tools in Edit image (screenshot) page:

• Eraser (the current eraser only erases the changes made and not the actual screenshot image)
  • Save the image in actual resolution (Taking a small screenshot and viewing it on desktop shows the image to be actually bigger).
  • Count of changes made on the Undo icon
  • Flip the image horizontally & vertically
  • Rotate the image to a custom degree
  • Resize Image
  • Add borders

Domnea

Mar 11, 2016
Screen shot problem

So I have some issues with play store purchases, I tried to make a screen shot with fooView and I got this :
EDIT :MY Phone did not reboot, fooview works fine. The problem is only when I try to make the screen shot on play store.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180618090044.jpg
    Screenshot_20180618090044.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot_20180618124812.jpg
    Screenshot_20180618124812.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

shaqman89

Feb 1, 2014
Jakarta
Xiaomi Poco F1
So I have some issues with play store purchases, I tried to make a screen shot with fooView and I got this :
EDIT :MY Phone did not reboot, fooview works fine. The problem is only when I try to make the screen shot on play store.

Works fine for me.
Maybe including about device details and rom would help since it might be specific to your device.
Including logs might also help.

fvalpha

Dec 29, 2015
Why would you keep such a feature by default where it downloads the thumbnails of news articles every x mins? What purpose does it serve? Instead, if it keeps polling and show some breaking news to the user, then it makes sense? I would think this to be a waste of bandwidth. When the user wants to read news, he would just click on the News link and that would load the current updated news page (nes.google.com). Isn't that simple?

No, it won't download thumbnails by default. It takes effect only after you have expanded it and read the page. You can set the interval and the thumbnail region or disable it from the menu any time.
It‘s a keywords demo. By default there're two demos for keywords, "news" and "weather". There're four demos for tasks. Keywords and Tasks are core features in fooView.
Though not very clear now, these features would be improved a lot in future versions.

fvalpha

Dec 29, 2015

The screenshot uses standard way and if it cannot work in some app, there might be some limitation in this app or the system.

fvalpha

Dec 29, 2015
@fvalpha: Are you able to add the following additional tools in Edit image (screenshot) page:

• Eraser (the current eraser only erases the changes made and not the actual screenshot image)
  • Save the image in actual resolution (Taking a small screenshot and viewing it on desktop shows the image to be actually bigger).
  • Count of changes made on the Undo icon
  • Flip the image horizontally & vertically
  • Rotate the image to a custom degree
  • Resize Image
  • Add borders

Will enhance it. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts