FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[App] ForceDoze - Force Doze mode after screen off, disable motion sensors, etc

1,843 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,877

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,

ForceDoze allows you to forcefully enable Doze right after you turn off your screen, and on top of that, it also disables motion sensors so Doze stays active even if your device is not stationary while screen off. Doze will only deactivate periodically to execute maintenance jobs (like getting notifications, etc), otherwise it will remain fully active as long as your screen is off. This brings a lot more battery savings than standard Doze functionality, because even with screen off and Doze enabled, Doze is still periodically checking for movement, and disabling motion sensing improves battery life further.

Features:
  • Force enable Doze right after screen off
  • Disable motion sensors so Doze doesn't periodically poll the sensors to check if the device is stationary or not. This provides an additional boost to battery life
  • Whitelist apps so they don't get suspended or disabled when Doze mode is active
  • Doze battery stats: Shows you all the times your device has entered/exited Doze mode, and how much battery was available during those times. It will only work when ForceDoze service is turned on
  • Tasker support so you can now send com.suyashsrijan.forcedoze.DISABLE_FORCEDOZE broadcast intent to disable the ForceDoze service, or com.suyashsrijan.forcedoze.ENABLE_FORCEDOZE to enable the ForceDoze service
  • Tasker support for adding/removing apps from the Doze whitelist, so you can send com.suyashsrijan.forcedoze.ADD_WHITELIST broadcast intent along with packageName as the key and the package name you want to add as the value, in Extras. To remove the app from the whitelist, send the com.suyashsrijan.forcedoze.REMOVE_WHITELIST broadcast intent along with packageName as the key and the package name you want to remove as the value, in Extras. So for example, in Tasker, you can set Action as one of the intents above, and in Extras, add packageName:com.your.packagename and then save the task
  • Enable Doze mode on your device if your device OEM has disabled it (experimental)
  • No-root mode so you can use this app without root privileges (Requires you to execute an ADB command from your PC to grant it the android.permission.DUMP permission, instructions inside app and app description on Play Store)

Force Doze is a free & open-source app, so you can grab the app and the source code from:

Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ijan.forcedoze
Play Store Beta testing: https://play.google.com/apps/testing...ijan.forcedoze
Latest APK (v1.4.0 rev68): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767144607
Latest Beta APK: Not available right now #
Github: https://github.com/theblixguy/ForceDoze

Frequently asked questions:

Auto-rotate/brightness doesn't work after turning on the device
Please turn on Auto-rotate/brightness fix in settings and restart the ForceDoze service. If that doesn't work, turn on "Don't disable sensors on screen off" in app Settings instead

I have trouble getting push notifications from apps (ex: GMail)
Only high-priority push notifications are delivered to the app while the device is in Doze mode, normal-priority notifications (ex: from Gmail) are delivered during the Doze maintenance window or when you wake up the device. This is an OS restriction and there's nothing that can be done about it

My device doesn't turn on and I have to restart my device to fix
This is most probably being caused by disabling motion sensors, pretty common on LG devices. To fix, turn on "Don't disable sensors on screen off" in app Settings and restart the ForceDoze service

The app doesn't work properly for some reason
If you're rooted, then make sure SU requests made by the app aren't getting denied by the SU app on your phone. Your SU app will occasionally prompt you to grant or deny SU access to ForceDoze and if you deny or ignore the dialog, then the app will not work properly and will fail to do certain things, like re-enabling sensors after exiting Doze or turning off Doze properly after screen on

Please let me know if you spot any bugs or unwanted behavior, or would like me to add more features to the app!
The Following 155 Users Say Thank You to ssrij For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ssrij Ad-Free

12th May 2016, 06:03 PM |#2  
Flag Reggio Emilia / Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Gotta try this!
I suppose you have already tested it before?
What are the results?
12th May 2016, 06:51 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1,877

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceftriaxone

Gotta try this!
I suppose you have already tested it before?
What are the results?

I am presently running it on my Galaxy S7 Edge and I don't face any issues!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ssrij For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ssrij Ad-Free
12th May 2016, 08:04 PM |#4  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 51

More
if u want to translate the app, i can help with Pt-Br <3 downloading now
The Following User Says Thank You to Hell Hranica For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hell Hranica Ad-Free
13th May 2016, 12:36 AM |#5  
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 37

More
I experience rotation issues after installing your app on nexus 7v2. Excited to test this

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
13th May 2016, 08:57 AM |#6  
Flag kerala
Thanks Meter: 186

More
sensor re enabling
I have posted this on Reddit page..(if you didn't see the issues posted there)
app doesn't ask for su
works even without su or adb(greenify notifies me)
even after sometime screen turned on rotation and auto brightness don't work
enabling sensor service option in app , disables doze on motion

thank you
sorry for my English
13th May 2016, 10:11 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Is this the same like Greenify Aggressive Doze?
The Following User Says Thank You to xk0niR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xk0niR Ad-Free
13th May 2016, 12:21 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 650

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xk0niR

Is this the same like Greenify Aggressive Doze?

If I'm correctly interpreting the OP, it isn't. Greenify does use the sensors, while this app isn't.

Installed it 5 minutes ago, will report back after a while of testing.

Edit: I have problems too with brightness not responding anymore, until I uncheck and turn autobrightness back on...

Sent from the Matrix
13th May 2016, 02:04 PM |#9  
Flag Orange, CA
Thanks Meter: 882

Donate to Me
More
I've been using this for the past 2 days & it's been great. Reduced my idle drain rate from 3 to 4% per hr to 1.5 to 2% per hr.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to optimummind For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift optimummind Ad-Free
13th May 2016, 03:38 PM |#10  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 2,862

Donate to Me
More
Can we please have a whitelist option. Would love to use this , but still get notifications from Twitter and Snapchat. Thanks!
13th May 2016, 05:37 PM |#11  
Flag Orange, CA
Thanks Meter: 882

Donate to Me
More
@ssrij I'm on 1.0.7 and I cant access the Google app store. I keep getting the "check your connection" error. What do I need to whitelist? Something is not waking back up properly. Don't have this issue with Greenify aggressive Doze.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, app, doze, forcedoze, marshmallow

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)