FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][5+]Customized Pixel Launcher (based on amirzaidi AOSP Pixel Launcher)

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 236

By whataudoinghere, Junior Member on 8th February 2018, 12:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th April 2019, 12:30 PM |#641  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodo

Is Google app necessary for weather functionality? If yes, what exact version did you use?

I had Gapps in the minimal version (pico) installed, i.e. without Google search app (only with Google framework) But installing google app version 9.46.5.21 (which is about from the date 26/03) didn't help either.

Nevermind. It has something to do with 'location history' and 'web & app activity' in Google settings.

One of them or both have to be enabled. I hadn't yet consistent results with either variation (i.e. sometimes it worked, sometimes not)

If it doesn't work right away it might help to clear data and cache of the Google app and/or play services.

So from a privacy standpoint it might be better to use some other widget or app...

19th April 2019, 10:13 PM |#642  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Weather stopped working again. Unfortunately it's the same with both public and beta versions of google app.

Sent from my OnePlus6T using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Maxbmwe53 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Maxbmwe53 Ad-Free
20th April 2019, 05:12 AM |#643  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Weather app not working
Just saw an article from 9 to 5 Google that the beta breaks the weather in the at a glance widget, but it has been doing that for a while now, just waiting for Google to fix...
20th April 2019, 03:45 PM |#644  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinsonr

Just saw an article from 9 to 5 Google that the beta breaks the weather in the at a glance widget, but it has been doing that for a while now, just waiting for Google to fix...

Well i leaved beta a time ago because of this, but the new update for the public version does the same.

Sent from my OnePlus6T using XDA Labs
21st April 2019, 06:53 AM |#645  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Not able to set custom icon Packs. All it shows the icons in default square size.
Not able to set custom icon Packs. All it shows the icons in default square size. Changing the icon shapes doesn't helps either.
21st April 2019, 07:33 AM |#646  
Flag Verona
Thanks Meter: 285

More
Hello to everyone, I have a problem with this launch and I've tried to search for a solution both in the forums and online but I couldn't.
I'm trying to add the Google News widget to my home screen but CPL is not displaying it in the list of available widgets as every other launcher that I've tried to install. Is there something that I need to do in order to make it show up?
21st April 2019, 12:37 PM |#647  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookedPath

Hello to everyone, I have a problem with this launch and I've tried to search for a solution both in the forums and online but I couldn't.
I'm trying to add the Google News widget to my home screen but CPL is not displaying it in the list of available widgets as every other launcher that I've tried to install. Is there something that I need to do in order to make it show up?

Did you install the Feed and Weather plugin?
https://github.com/whataudoinghere/F...lugin/releases

Maybe this will enable the widget. If not, try clearing the cache of the Google app (also maybe of every app related to this) and rebooting the phone.
21st April 2019, 11:16 PM |#648  
Flag Verona

More
Quote:

Did you install the Feed and Weather plugin?
https://github.com/whataudoinghere/F...lugin/releases

Maybe this will enable the widget. If not, try clearing the cache of the Google app (also maybe of every app related to this) and rebooting the phone.

I already tried with both the plugin installed and without it but the result is the same. I already tried cleaning Google's app cache and rebooting the phone without any result.
23rd April 2019, 10:32 AM |#649  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookedPath

I already tried with both the plugin installed and without it but the result is the same. I already tried cleaning Google's app cache and rebooting the phone without any result.

Did you mean the app "Google News" which is seperately available? I just installed it and I can add its widget to my CPL homescreen.

Not sure if that's somehow related but I have an older version of the Google Search app installed because newer ones don't interact properly with the "at a glance" widget.
It's the version 8.9.6.21.arm64 which is about the latest one with version 8.x. Maybe it's not necessary to go back that far but since newer versions are virtually not a bit different to me and this one does the job I'm fine with that.
23rd April 2019, 11:18 AM |#650  
Flag Verona

More
Quote:

Did you mean the app "Google News" which is seperately available? I just installed it and I can add its widget to my CPL homescreen.

Not sure if that's somehow related but I have an older version of the Google Search app installed because newer ones don't interact properly with the "at a glance" widget.
It's the version 8.9.6.21.arm64 which is about the latest one with version 8.x. Maybe it's not necessary to go back that far but since newer versions are virtually not a bit different to me and this one does the job I'm fine with that.

Yeah I'm talking about the separate app. CPL is the only launcher where the widget is not appearing, I don't want to roll back to such an old version of the search app especially because then I would need to disable the automatic updates of the playstore.
27th April 2019, 05:25 PM |#651  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 58

More
There is a way to make work menu button on home screen? Thanks in advance.

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)