[APP][4.1+] Frillers, Beautiful Screens

Search This thread

woodman

Moderator Emeritus
Jul 21, 2012
🌲 France
OnePlus 7T
Great, thanks for the feedback. Yes, transparency is not saved at the moment as I didn't think it would be useful, but I can make sure transparency gets saved. It's an easy mod.
Also, another suggestion would be to be able to set the last used friller with every parameters, not only the transparency. I mean, if you hide the friller (by mistake or not) and then want to set it back, you won't have to search for your favorite friller and set position, transparency and size. Or more globally, maybe it would be good to have an easy access to a list of favorite frillers with particular parameters for each?

Reactions: StrangerWeather

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi StrangerWeather,

Nice work! Thanks for this app ;)

I used this promo code (the second one in your list): KRZFS315TKK1HUJYN9WBK8U

It works as intended on my P9 Lite running MM (EMUI 4.1.1)!
Only a tiny suggestion for now: you should add the possibility to "Never show intro again" (like it already exists in the 3-dot menu) from the intro screen itself.

Thanks so much! Good suggestion. Noted.

Also, another suggestion would be to be able to set the last used friller with every parameters, not only the transparency. I mean, if you hide the friller (by mistake or not) and then want to set it back, you won't have to search for your favorite friller and set position, transparency and size. Or more globally, maybe it would be good to have an easy access to a list of favorite frillers with particular parameters for each?

That's a brilliant idea. I was also thinking of implementing a "share" your Friller option, in case two friends want to share...:)

Reactions: woodman

woodman

Moderator Emeritus
Jul 21, 2012
🌲 France
OnePlus 7T
In addition to the back arrow button on top left, what do you think to be able to go back to parent screen showing Frillers of the selected category (2nd screenshot) by touching the picture in the middle (1st screenshot)?

Sent from my Huawei P9 Lite using XDA Labs

Attachments

• IMG_20170202_150124.png
    IMG_20170202_150124.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_2017-02-02-15-00-03.png
    Screenshot_2017-02-02-15-00-03.png
    133.7 KB · Views: 39

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Google Pixel 7 Pro
In addition to the back arrow button on top left, what do you think to be able to go back to parent screen showing Frillers of the selected category (2nd screenshot) by touching the picture in the middle (1st screenshot)?

I'm not sure that's very intuitive for the user... Let's see what people think! :)

woodman

Moderator Emeritus
Jul 21, 2012
🌲 France
OnePlus 7T
I'm not sure that's very intuitive for the user... Let's see what people think! :)
Touching the image at the center was my first reflex to show the other Frillers, then I saw the back arrow. :laugh:

It'd be just an additionnal way to go back to the the Frillers list of the category, not a replacement of the back arrow on top left.

But OK, let's wait for other comments. :)

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Touching the image at the center was my first reflex to show the other Frillers, then I saw the back arrow. :laugh:

It'd be just an additionnal way to go back to the the Frillers list of the category, not a replacement of the back arrow on top left.

Oh well, that's really easy to do anyway, so why not! ;)

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Google Pixel 7 Pro

Done! Update is live!

buzzboy

Oct 29, 2010
Canterbury
Really nice concept. I used promo S4K5BDNMVKFQSBZZHGTMQTW.

I'm having to go through the introduction every time I open the App though. But it's not a major thing. Much appreciated, keep up the great work.

Edit: Solved. Silly me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170210-094614.jpg
    Screenshot_20170210-094614.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

woodman

Moderator Emeritus
Jul 21, 2012
🌲 France
OnePlus 7T
Really nice concept. I used promo S4K5BDNMVKFQSBZZHGTMQTW.

I'm having to go through the introduction every time I open the App though. But it's not a major thing. Much appreciated, keep up the great work.
You can disable the intro from the 3-dot menu.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-02-10-10-55-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-02-10-10-55-29.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 86

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IQporzH.png

FRILLERS! They're here!

Choose from 100 free pictures! Try out this new concept!
    Frillers are like stickers on your screen, that you can move around as you wish. You can choose the size and the opacity.

Would you like the coolest screen in town? Adopt a Friller!

Works on PHONES and TABLETS!

Vru9vXbl.png

i5gmLFUl.png

i0IZ7a6l.png

OiMUWBel.png

AujwSuLl.png

4AfkjNZl.png

ZdREPFrl.png

zdxHXX9l.png

Free Version - 100 pictures to choose from. Categories include Animals, Cartoons, Sports, Hearts, Seasons...
    Premium Version - your own user gallery, with your own pictures

8yAa00tt.png

PLAYSTORE LINK

Thanks in advance for your feedback! I look forward to improving this app with your help!
    Changelogs:

1.0 - Initial version (25/01/17)
    1.2 - Removed unnecessary toast messages (26/01/17)
    1.3 - Added a picture of a Nazar Amulet, on request (27/01/17)
    1.4 - New logo courtesy of @methuselah with thanks (28/01/17)
    1.5 - Resized logo (28/01/17)
    1.6 - Opacity preference gets saved (02/02/17)
    1.7 - Click on picture to get back to selection page (02/02/17)
    1.8 - Added Share option (17/02/17)
    1.9 - Gif animations now supported (18/02/17)
    2.0 - Resized Intro bitmaps to prevent crashes caused by low memory (19/02/17)
    2.1 - Lock position and touch-through option - Position saved automatically - Full-screen option - No need to click OK when choosing Size and Opacity (18/03/17)
    2.2 - Ironed out some UI glitches (20/03/17)
    2.3 - Disabled buttons are now greyed out - Large screen layout improved - Full-screen in landscape mode is now centered (22/03/17)
    2.4 - Full-screen animated textures are now supported in both portrait and landscape modes (25/03/17)
    2.5 - Intro has "Don't show again" button - Frillers now appear when selected (no need to click "Show") (02/04/17)

To Do:

1. User opacity preference to be saved / Done in version 1.6
    2. Option for static picture with touch through possibilities / Done in version 2.1
    3. Option to access device's android gallery pictures directly
    4. Gif support / Done in version 1.9
    5. "Never Show Again" button in Intro / Done in version 2.5
    6. Share option / Done in version 1.8
    7. Position on screen to be saved / Done in version 2.1
    8. Quick access to favorites
    9. Possibly, save parameters for each favorite
    10. If possible, have several Frillers on the screen at a time
    11. Click on Friller picture to get back to selection page / Done in version 1.7
    12. Update and improve intro
    13. Add full-screen textures to repository
    14. Sort out full-screen textures in landscape mode / Done in version 2.4
    15. Show Friller as soon as it is selected / Done in version 2.5
    16. Choose apps that can have Frillers or Textures and apps that can't have them
    Repository for Frillers (png, jpeg, gif).
    You can share Frillers or full screen textures in this thread, and I'll move them up here for easy access.
    Add these to your gallery and choose the full-screen option. If you don't have access to the gallery, use a promo code (see below).

blue_bubbles_texture.gif (added 18/03/2017)
    emerald_rain_texture.gif (added 25/03/2017)
    sliding_penguin_texture.gif (added 26/03/2017)
    colorful_spheres_texture.gif (added 29/03/2017)
    snow_texture.gif (added 04/04/2017)

Attention: If you rename the gifs, make sure you leave the word "texture" in the names.
    Thanks bro last one used... Actually looking for something like this...

LL Surely give rating and review on playstore
    I mean lock it on the screen. It should be with check box.

To be clear, I will use a custom image with two gradient bars on left and right and complete my transparent in the middle(I LL put correct resolution that matches my screen). So, when I use this image, I don't want gradient to come out of the border and so locking the image position will be nice. Pls let me know if you need more clarity...

I understand. It's actually possible to create an option where the overlayed custom image is not only locked on the screen but also where you can touch through it. Basically, you can use your screen as you normally would. It's something I intend to do but it will take some time as I am very busy right now.

@StrangerWeather thank you ... I am honored that i helped you...

It's a lovely logo mate.