FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][6.0+][UPDATED] FrontFlash Notification v2.5 (20190424)

526 posts
Thanks Meter: 294

By spacejam, Senior Member on 12th January 2018, 11:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th January 2018, 02:03 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Good man thankd

16th January 2018, 07:47 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djanisel

This will be very useful on my Honor 7 since the notification LED is so small it's almost invisible.

Haven't been able to get it to work yet though.

First issue I got was that the service was running but not enabled. I figured out it was due to the "suspend on low battery" setting even though my battery was at 80%.
I unticked that and now the service is running and enabled.
I'm trying to get a notification when receiving an e-mail(gmail) but nothing is happening. Gmail is not in the possible exclusion list at all, maybe that has something to do with it?

Edit: It works for other apps like the calendar app.

Thanks for the work so far.

Just an update on this, it is working well for Google Hangouts and Facebook Messenger.
Still nothing happening for gmail though.
17th January 2018, 01:15 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
J5 2017 not working... front flash not present
17th January 2018, 05:40 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Turin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by faruk.foco

J5 2017 not working... front flash not present

I already know.
As I wrote a few posts above, I'm working to solve the problem.

Thanks anyway
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spacejam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spacejam Ad-Free
17th January 2018, 08:02 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Turin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

First issue I got was that the service was running but not enabled. I figured out it was due to the "suspend on low battery" setting even though my battery was at 80%.
I unticked that and now the service is running and enabled.
I'm trying to get a notification when receiving an e-mail(gmail) but nothing is happening. Gmail is not in the possible exclusion list at all, maybe that has something to do with it

Quote:

Just an update on this, it is working well for Google Hangouts and Facebook Messenger.
Still nothing happening for gmail though.

Hi!

First of all thanks for your feedback.
As soon as possible I'll look into the low battery detection problem. It's probably something closely related to your device model because so far nobody has pointed out to me the same problem, I will try to make the control more accurate and precise, to do that I need more information from you as the android version you are using, the exact device model and the rom type... custom or stock.
At the time been the only work around (as you already done) is to disable the option until the fix.

Talking about your Gmail issue... ehm... it seems really strange and it seems even stranger that Gmail is not in the list of installed applications. This could be the main problem!!
Why? What version of Gmail is? Is it a preinstalled app by the manufacteur? Forget the flash notifications, do you receive the normal android notification on new incoming email on Gmail app?

Let me know...
18th January 2018, 09:25 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacejam

Hi!

First of all thanks for your feedback.
As soon as possible I'll look into the low battery detection problem. It's probably something closely related to your device model because so far nobody has pointed out to me the same problem, I will try to make the control more accurate and precise, to do that I need more information from you as the android version you are using, the exact device model and the rom type... custom or stock.
At the time been the only work around (as you already done) is to disable the option until the fix.

Talking about your Gmail issue... ehm... it seems really strange and it seems even stranger that Gmail is not in the list of installed applications. This could be the main problem!!
Why? What version of Gmail is? Is it a preinstalled app by the manufacteur? Forget the flash notifications, do you receive the normal android notification on new incoming email on Gmail app?

Let me know...

Battery issue is not that much of a problem for me at least, I'll just keep it disabled.
I'm running latest stock firmware on my Honor 7(PLK-L01C432B396), that's Android 6.0.
Gmail system notification works as normal, gmail version is 7.12.17.180932182.release.
I don't remember if gmail comes pre-installed or not, but many Google apps do so it is possible.
I can see Google hangouts is not in the exclusion list as well as all Huawei apps so you might be correct that it is not listing any pre-installed apps?

Thanks
19th January 2018, 08:42 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Hi !

For some reason I can't send you PM, but I could prepare Polish translation for your fantastic application.
Works great on my Moto X4.

Let me know how can I do this.
20th January 2018, 06:33 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Turin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcom

Hi !

I could prepare Polish translation for your fantastic application.
Let me know how can I do this.

Ok, I'll PM you in the next days. Thanks
21st January 2018, 03:44 AM |#29  
Flag jaipur
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Not working on my galacy j7-00f
Its showing that your device is not having a front flash but device have it
But this app is amazing mahn...
You are doing a great job
Waiting for update to solve this prob.
24th January 2018, 08:33 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Turin

Donate to Me
More
Phone [UPDATED] FrontFlash Notification v1.7
Changelog

1.7 (today release)
  • extended support to both Camera and Camera2 API to properly detect and manage the front flash also on devices with limited access to the camera (e.g. new Samsung device series)
  • fixed the issue with Gmail notifications on Android 6.0 devices
  • fixed the missing installed applications issue in the excluded applications list
  • fixed the wrong low battery detection issue on some devices
  • added a "select/unselect all" toggle switch in the excluded applications list
  • integration with the current Android "Do not disturb" settings as an additional way to disable the service in certain situations
  • minor fixes and code optimizations
  • updated internal black list for the auto-excluded applications
  • some GUI improvements and adjustments
  • new dark theme
  • new application icon
  • some corrections to writing errors
  • added the Deutsch translation

Download
  • Link on first post
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spacejam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spacejam Ad-Free
25th January 2018, 10:03 AM |#31  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 5

More
it 's also super on elephone p8 mini
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)