FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[App][5.0+] Frost for Facebook [Open Source]

2,945 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,743
 
Post Reply Email Thread
11th October 2017, 03:41 AM |#11  
asdfasdfvful's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 3,743
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhicko95

is it better than swipe for facebook?

I've talked with the dev of swipe before. If you want my honest opinion, I can't say that Frost is objectively better (right now). My app was made about 4 months ago, and I'm a full time student. Swipe was made well over a year ago, and is now the dev's full time job. We do have different backgrounds, and my background allows me to perhaps better structure my app, but the time difference means that swipe has more features than mine at the current stage. Some features are on my todo list, but it'll take time.

With that said, our apps offer different features. I don't have PIP Videos or Chat heads, but I have a lot of the points mentioned above. Some of them are exclusive to Frost as well. I'd say Swipe did a very good job in being innovative in this field, and I'm sure Frost will become another contender among its competitors.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asdfasdfvful Ad-Free
 
 
11th October 2017, 03:47 AM |#12  
Senior Member
Commonwealth Quezon City Philippines
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfasdfvful

I've talked with the dev of swipe before. If you want my honest opinion, I can't say that Frost is objectively better (right now). My app was made about 4 months ago, and I'm a full time student. Swipe was made well over a year ago, and is now the dev's full time job. We do have different backgrounds, and my background allows me to perhaps better structure my app, but the time difference means that swipe has more features than mine at the current stage. Some features are on my todo list, but it'll take time.

With that said, our apps offer different features. I don't have PIP Videos or Chat heads, but I have a lot of the points mentioned above. Some of them are exclusive to Frost as well. I'd say Swipe did a very good job in being innovative in this field, and I'm sure Frost will become another contender among its competitors.

i see thanks for that
11th October 2017, 04:05 AM |#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Man I always hated the Facebook app! but damn this app is beautiful.

PS: does anyone know anything similar to instagram
11th October 2017, 05:41 AM |#14  
kos25k's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 400
 
More
this is your modded instagram dude
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...agram-t3683899
bytheway..is it possible to hide fb active online status as x messenger privacy xposed module does?
11th October 2017, 02:29 PM |#15  
Member
Flag Penang
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Just downloaded. Will try to see whether it will drain more battery. Thanks dev.
11th October 2017, 05:07 PM |#16  
jerryn70's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 461
 
More
Add this app to fdroid
11th October 2017, 05:10 PM |#17  
Skittles9823's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,314
 
Donate to Me
More
Not sure if ive just messed up or if facebook is broken but i cant get the actual website portion of the app to load.


-EDIT-
Never mind. Just checked m.facebook.com its its straight up down.

Sent from my LG Nexus 5X using XDA Labs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171012-030841.jpg
Views:	718
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	4299728  
11th October 2017, 05:15 PM |#18  
Junior Member
Flag Burg
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Same here - seems to FB is (temporary?) broken..
Have try'd another FB App - same error message
11th October 2017, 05:40 PM |#19  
asdfasdfvful's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 3,743
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos25k

this is your modded instagram dude
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...agram-t3683899
bytheway..is it possible to hide fb active online status as x messenger privacy xposed module does?

Are they open source? Do you have a link? I stumbled across an accidentally feature that did that a while ago, but now it isn't working. If it's something feasible I may consider implementing something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryn70

Add this app to fdroid

I've seen your request on github. I still have to change some things before it's compatible, but hopefully it will make its way there eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles9823

Not sure if ive just messed up or if facebook is broken but i cant get the actual website portion of the app to load.


-EDIT-
Never mind. Just checked m.facebook.com its its straight up down.

Sent from my LG Nexus 5X using XDA Labs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacwolf

Same here - seems to FB is (temporary?) broken..
Have try'd another FB App - same error message

Wow... thanks for the info. Within the past half hour I've received 4 one star ratings because of this and I wasn't sure what was going on. Hopefully Facebook fixes itself...
11th October 2017, 05:46 PM |#20  
Skittles9823's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,314
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfasdfvful

Wow... thanks for the info. Within the past half hour I've received 4 one star ratings because of this and I wasn't sure what was going on. Hopefully Facebook fixes itself...

No worries dude. Yea those normal users do love to one star for reasons out of the devs control. Even though im yet to see facebook loading, it still looks beautiful. Love the transparent theme, fits perfectly with Quetzal Dark.

-edit-
Facebook mobile is back up.

Sent from my LG Nexus 5X using XDA Labs
11th October 2017, 06:00 PM |#21  
asdfasdfvful's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 3,743
 
Donate to Me
More
Damn. Well if it's still not working for anyone, and if you know how, could you send me the source of the error page? (or the url if it changes). That way I can show my own prompt when things go wrong.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
facebook, frost, glass, open source, theme

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes