2,954 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,767

Post Reply Email Thread
3rd September 2018, 09:48 PM |#331  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuduku

Has anyone made an updated app from github?

There's no point, there's been no new commits since 4/13.
5th September 2018, 03:20 PM |#332  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 143

More
In regards to the dev not updating the app, he posted the following in a GitHub issue:

Quote:

I've been unable to work on my personal projects during my internship. I'm sure a lot of stuff within facebook has changed, and I will be fixing them in September/October

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to access9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift access9 Ad-Free
11th September 2018, 12:41 PM |#333  
Thanks Meter: 211

More
Good news! I've created my first FB account and this app is indeed the best!
23rd September 2018, 04:21 PM |#334  
Thanks Meter: 222

More
Extremely fluid! Loving it. Some unique features are so useful (like pop-up video - which I would not mind to have implemented for photos too). Bravo!
24th September 2018, 10:54 AM |#335  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 7,669

More
It seems he is working on it
https://github.com/AllanWang/Frost-for-Facebook/issues

He opened many issues!

EDIT: Actually it's not a new thing lol
27th September 2018, 04:43 AM |#336  
OP Senior Member
Montreal

Donate to Me
More
Glad to see that there's still activity going on here. It seems like I stopped getting email notifications, which is why I haven't been as responsive.

I'm still working on this project, though it will take a bit of time before I get to fixing bugs and updating logic. Android has changed a lot in the past few months, and I will be updating some components as I go.

Here's my general list of tasks:
* Priority 1 is to fix visible bugs, namely the css and js. This is very volatile as it breaks whenever Facebook updates. I have already fixed the css for the newsfeed (see below for link)
* I want to optimize parts of the UI to hopefully make things load faster
* I want to add a lot more tests to make the app more stable. It's a bit hard to test given that everything is dependent on my actually logging in, so most of the tests are manual. I will see how I plan on addressing this in the future.
* I want to add a way to back up and restore settings

There are many other internal changes I want to fix, but I think the points above are going to have a direct impact to you, the user.

To get the latest working build, you may fetch the test apk here. It just fixes the white that appears in the newsfeed. Note that you will need to uninstall your test app if previously installed, as I have updated all the signing keys. Once I release to xda labs, you will have to reinstall there as well.

I will try to get my notifications back up, so if you have questions I will happily answer them. A better way to reach me may also be through github issues, as I check those pretty often.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asdfasdfvful Ad-Free
27th September 2018, 06:13 AM |#337  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 450

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfasdfvful

Glad to see that there's still activity going on here. It seems like I stopped getting email notifications, which is why I haven't been as responsive.

I'm still working on this project, though it will take a bit of time before I get to fixing bugs and updating logic. Android has changed a lot in the past few months, and I will be updating some components as I go.

* Priority 1 is to fix visible bugs, namely the css and js. This is very volatile as it breaks whenever Facebook updates. I have already fixed the css for the newsfeed (see below for link)
* I want to add a lot more tests to make the app more stable. It's a bit hard to test given that everything is dependent on my actually logging in, so most of the tests are manual. I will see how I plan on addressing this in the future.

There are many other internal changes I want to fix, but I think the points above are going to have a direct impact to you, the user.

To get the latest working build, you may fetch the test apk here. It just fixes the white that appears in the newsfeed. Note that you will need to uninstall your test app if previously installed, as I have updated all the signing keys. Once I release to xda labs, you will have to reinstall there as well.

I will try to get my notifications back up, so if you have questions I will happily answer them. A better way to reach me may also be through github issues, as I check those pretty often.

testing it on my op5 pie custom rom
27th September 2018, 10:55 AM |#338  
Flag Honolulu
Thanks Meter: 968

More
Quote:

Thank you for all your hard work. Your amazing app is enjoyed by a ton of people I've introduced it to. Very much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
28th September 2018, 04:55 AM |#339  
OP Senior Member
Montreal

Donate to Me
More
Another micro test update: v1995

It fixes more of the newsfeed, as well as the white you see when it first loads.
The compose button should also work now, though the compose box is not themed.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asdfasdfvful Ad-Free
29th September 2018, 04:35 PM |#340  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:

Another micro test update: v1995

It fixes more of the newsfeed, as well as the white you see when it first loads.
The compose button should also work now, though the compose box is not themed.

Running OmniPie, no issues ATM

Thanks a lot for sharing!

How has been your Summer in Google?! If I remember correctly

Best
30th September 2018, 12:29 AM |#341  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Multiple accounts most time don't work. I have to put passwords again.

Also the white background on my wall, to write what I am thinking, is very annoying if you have amoled/dark theme.

Sometimes also I can't view some comments and I have to reload the page.

Also when I open some links externally, doesn't always work as expected..

Can you fix all these problems?

Is there a better alternative?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
facebook, frost, glass, open source, theme

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)