FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[App][5.0+] Frost for Facebook [Open Source]

2,945 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,743
 
Post Reply Email Thread
12th August 2019, 02:41 AM |#801  
lou2s's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 281
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfasdfvful

And was it failing for you before? Give it a few days. People are still reporting that that build doesn't work either

Yes, I was asked to change my password 3 times last week.
 
 
13th August 2019, 09:39 AM |#802  
Naudiz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 409
 
More
Today I was locked out of my account for the first time. Also in Europe (Germany).
I will try out the test build as soon as I find the time.

But maybe it's also a good idea to get rid of Facebook for good. I'm getting sick of this site for various reasons.
13th August 2019, 10:34 AM |#803  
Aramarth's Avatar
Member
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
With last test build, running from 3 days, everything seems to be ok

Best
14th August 2019, 08:03 AM |#804  
asdfasdfvful's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 3,743
 
Donate to Me
More
For those using the latest build, you may try to disable web only mode once again and see you get blocked or not. The two main tests are user agents (permanently modified for build 2512), and web only mode (parsing, services, etc).

If we find that user agents is the problem, then we won't look into web only mode any deeper. If it's web only that's the problem, we may reenable multi user agents and look at which service specifically is at fault.
14th August 2019, 03:05 PM |#805  
lou2s's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 281
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfasdfvful

For those using the latest build, you may try to disable web only mode once again and see you get blocked or not. The two main tests are user agents (permanently modified for build 2512), and web only mode (parsing, services, etc).

If we find that user agents is the problem, then we won't look into web only mode any deeper. If it's web only that's the problem, we may reenable multi user agents and look at which service specifically is at fault.

On 2515 and just disabled web only. Will see how it goes

Edit: and just found that the cold restart frost under experimental does nothing...
14th August 2019, 05:53 PM |#806  
asdfasdfvful's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 3,743
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lou2s

On 2515 and just disabled web only. Will see how it goes

Edit: and just found that the cold restart frost under experimental does nothing...

Does cold restart not restart the app? I'll take a look when I have time
15th August 2019, 03:16 AM |#807  
lou2s's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 281
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfasdfvful

Does cold restart not restart the app? I'll take a look when I have time

Thanks. Meanwhile it only return to the news feed, pretty much acting like pressing the back button.
15th August 2019, 10:42 AM |#808  
Aramarth's Avatar
Member
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Last test build is a little more fluid imo
16th August 2019, 06:26 AM |#809  
asdfasdfvful's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 3,743
 
Donate to Me
More
v2.3.2

Not sure if it's a fix yet but it's better than nothing
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asdfasdfvful Ad-Free
16th August 2019, 12:46 PM |#810  
oVeRdOsE.'s Avatar
Senior Member
MTL
Thanks Meter: 208
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naudiz

Today I was locked out of my account for the first time. Also in Europe (Germany).
I will try out the test build as soon as I find the time.

But maybe it's also a good idea to get rid of Facebook for good. I'm getting sick of this site for various reasons.

+1. Got locked with the 2.3.1 test build web. I'm not using FB since then , a nice relief.

But, unfortunately, most of my friends announce party/reunion on fb, so if I dont want to miss these, I'll try the 2.3.2
16th August 2019, 11:59 PM |#811  
BillGoss's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,708
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfasdfvful

Does cold restart not restart the app? I'll take a look when I have time

Same issue on 2.3.2

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
facebook, frost, glass, open source, theme

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes