[App][5.0+] Frost for Facebook [Open Source]

2,950 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,754

Post Reply Email Thread
6th September 2019, 02:52 PM |#831  
MTL
Thanks Meter: 208

More
there's really something unique on frost app that makes us kickout. metal is a very similar app in term of functionality, and on my 2nd week report, I'm didn't get locked out yet.

op I believe in you, you can make it, I really like your app more

9th September 2019, 08:44 AM |#832  
OP Senior Member
Montreal

Donate to Me
More
For those who are still getting kicked out, follow this github issue for test builds. The newest one disables a few more features. If you are using web only mode from before you don't need to update, but this gives you the option to disable more specific features so you can get notifications back. More info in the linked post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asdfasdfvful Ad-Free
10th September 2019, 01:03 AM |#833  
Thanks Meter: 281

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfasdfvful

For those who are still getting kicked out, follow this github issue for test builds. The newest one disables a few more features. If you are using web only mode from before you don't need to update, but this gives you the option to disable more specific features so you can get notifications back. More info in the linked post

Thanks for your update! Now trying build 2552. Have been using build 2531 with web only without problem for last few weeks.

Edit: and I just got prompted by facebook to change password again after 14hours usage of build 2552...
10th September 2019, 12:03 PM |#834  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Just downloaded 2.3.2 and on web only straight away.
11th September 2019, 07:30 PM |#835  
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Hi,

I use the "Share" feature from a news app and it takes me to the Frost Facebook screen where you can write in a comment at the top and it has other options on that screen, but I don't see any way to Tag someone there.

Can anyone please tell me, when you Share, let's say, a news article to Facebook using Frost, how exactly do you "Tag" someone?

Thank You,

Dave

Posted from my way cool LG V20 (H910) Nougat 7.0
11th September 2019, 10:04 PM |#836  
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Hi,

Please ignore my previous post.

WARNING! I'M SOCIAL MEDIA STUPID!
TALK TO ME LIKE I'M 6 YEARS OLD!

I'm trying to figure out how to "Tag" people in a post (when sharing something to FB) in Frost v2.3.2 (GitHub version). When I share an article, it loads the FB screen where you can add your comment, etc. and I do see the thing to "Tag Friends".

However, when I tap on "Tag Friends", an empty line "box" opens up and in it (until you start typing) it says; "Who are you with?"

Huh? Who I'm with??? What???

And above the "box", it also says;
"You can also tag friends."

Huh? I thought that's what I was already telling it to do.

Can anybody please explain this to me (like I'm 6)?

I would like to someday be able to do more than just "Share, Type Comment, Post". Will somebody please cure my astounding and embarassing Facebook posting ignorance?

Thanks!

Dave

12th September 2019, 12:11 AM |#837  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,734

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuszoos

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to "Tag" people in a post (when sharing something to FB) in Frost v2.3.2 (GitHub version). When I share an article, it loads the FB screen where you can add your comment, etc. and I do see the thing to "Tag Friends".

However, when I tap on "Tag Friends", an empty line "box" opens up and in it (until you start typing) it says; "Who are you with?"

I would like to someday be able to do more than just "Share, Type Comment, Post". Will somebody please cure my astounding and embarassing Facebook posting ignorance?

Thanks!

Dave

If I don't type anything into the text box I get a list of my friends.
If I type a name into the text box I get a list of possible people with that name.
Tap on one of the shown people to select them.
Tap on Done.

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190912_090428.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	4818422  
13th September 2019, 01:03 PM |#838  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Hello,
Sorry for stupid question but are messenger notifications works without any problems? Are they instant or delayed? Is it really battery friendly? I am currently using de-bullshified version of Messenger but I it's full of garbage "features" anyway.
Thank You in advance
14th September 2019, 12:48 AM |#839  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Question: Can't find it in description but can this also prevent showing that I watched a story? Couple of Instagram mods could do that but I understand that this is a wrapper and not app in itself.
15th September 2019, 09:38 AM |#840  
OP Senior Member
Montreal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuszoos

Hi,

Thanks!

Dave

Part of the problem is with recent updates, where I had to switch everything over to a desktop agent. Facebook disables some features there, including tagging suggestions when you type names. In previous builds, it worked, but there are also phishing warnings now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky0sHiR0

Hello,
Sorry for stupid question but are messenger notifications works without any problems? Are they instant or delayed? Is it really battery friendly? I am currently using de-bullshified version of Messenger but I it's full of garbage "features" anyway.
Thank You in advance

They are not instant, and happen at most once every 15 minutes. Notifications are done through polling rather than push.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theevildevil

Question: Can't find it in description but can this also prevent showing that I watched a story? Couple of Instagram mods could do that but I understand that this is a wrapper and not app in itself.

It cannot, and I don't plan on producing any features like that because they are never stable.
The Following User Says Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asdfasdfvful Ad-Free
15th September 2019, 09:39 AM |#841  
OP Senior Member
Montreal

Donate to Me
More
Test release v2559

If you are coming from before 2.3.2, please log out first, and log back in after installing the update. This one essentially enforces web only mode, but reenables other features that should not be causing phishing problems
The Following User Says Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asdfasdfvful Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
facebook, frost, glass, open source, theme

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)