Post Reply Email Thread
15th September 2019, 09:39 AM |#841  
OP Senior Member
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 3,767

Donate to Me
More
Test release v2559

If you are coming from before 2.3.2, please log out first, and log back in after installing the update. This one essentially enforces web only mode, but reenables other features that should not be causing phishing problems
The Following User Says Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asdfasdfvful Ad-Free
16th September 2019, 07:19 AM |#842  
OP Senior Member
Montreal

Donate to Me
More
Along with that, I'm also pushing release v2.4.0
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asdfasdfvful Ad-Free
16th September 2019, 07:38 PM |#843  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfasdfvful

It cannot, and I don't plan on producing any features like that because they are never stable.

Totally understand. Thank you for reviewing and providing feedback.
17th September 2019, 08:08 PM |#844  
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naudiz

Completely unrelated annecdote: Today Facebook also gave me a 3-days ban for a politically incorrect, but pretty much harmless joke which I posted in 2011. I guess it's really about time to finally say goodbye to this shithole site for good, lol

But of course wishing death on America is fine.

There's no app yet, but if you're a Conservative, which I figured from your post that you might be, you can sign up at…..

https://www.codias.com/

It's a Conservative Facebook-like (for lack of a better explanation) Social Media site. And don't worry about not knowing anybody on it. Folks seem to look at member profile and make "Friend" requests whether they know you or not, so just make sure to fill in your profile. I probably have around a hundred "friends" on it from doing nothing, not even posting yet.

And unless you constantly post vulgarity, I doubt you'll be censored.

I wish the Frost Dev would write an app for that platform! Not many Conservative FB users even know it exists and yet it's still growing wicked fast anyway!

TTYL
18th September 2019, 07:35 AM |#845  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline72

Just downloaded 2.3.2 and on web only straight away.

So far so good!
23rd September 2019, 08:08 PM |#846  
MTL
Thanks Meter: 210

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky0sHiR0

Hello,
Sorry for stupid question but are messenger notifications works without any problems? Are they instant or delayed? Is it really battery friendly? I am currently using de-bullshified version of Messenger but I it's full of garbage "features" anyway.
Thank You in advance

from my experience with facebook on - chrome/ frost/ metal, none of them makes messenger work well.
Can't tell if its user related or not, but here what issue I have since for ever :

- messenger group that are already created : I receive all message.
- Someone , somewhere send me a PM, I WON'T receive it until I click on his name, then I can see all his message. That means, he had to post on my wall to warn me about a PM.

Of course I can install messenger app to avoid this, but it won't happen
23rd September 2019, 11:02 PM |#847  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
@asdfasdfvful could you please add an option (perhaps not as the default option) to put the mobile useragent back? The desktop UA breaks events, which is my primary facebook usecase. I've been using build 2509 in web only mode, w/ no issues, and ended up rolling back due to events not working correctly in the newer builds.
24th September 2019, 07:51 AM |#848  
OP Senior Member
Montreal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oVeRdOsE.

from my experience with facebook on - chrome/ frost/ metal, none of them makes messenger work well.
Can't tell if its user related or not, but here what issue I have since for ever :

- messenger group that are already created : I receive all message.
- Someone , somewhere send me a PM, I WON'T receive it until I click on his name, then I can see all his message. That means, he had to post on my wall to warn me about a PM.

Of course I can install messenger app to avoid this, but it won't happen

Messenger notifications should work, and as of now it will ping you all messages, even if it's muted (tracking bug here). You should get PMs too unless they fall under message requests, and it has at least been working for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kptkill

@asdfasdfvful could you please add an option (perhaps not as the default option) to put the mobile useragent back? The desktop UA breaks events, which is my primary facebook usecase. I've been using build 2509 in web only mode, w/ no issues, and ended up rolling back due to events not working correctly in the newer builds.

I would look into fixing the links to convert them to mobile variants first before messing with user agents again. If you want you can always build from source (one line change), but I don't want to have to deal with custom variants depending on the use case since there's already so many features that I don't personally use and have to test. Tracking bug here
29th September 2019, 11:39 AM |#849  
OP Senior Member
Montreal

Donate to Me
More
Test Build v2592

Contains multiple fixes, including disabling swipe for certain post pages, and fixing mobile urls
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to asdfasdfvful For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asdfasdfvful Ad-Free
1st October 2019, 10:34 PM |#850  
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfasdfvful

Test Build v2592

Contains multiple fixes, including disabling swipe for certain post pages, and fixing mobile urls

The application works great, so far no problems.
One request - could you reduce the waiting time by holding the photo to open the zoom window (there e.g. I can download picture)?
2nd October 2019, 12:15 PM |#851  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
frost scam?
Some time ago, I started to use frost, but in a week or so, facebook blocked by account saying that some unusual transactions made and probably my password was stolen.

Never before I had that experience with facebook.

I've stopped using frost and until now (2 weeks) everything is OK.

EDIT: I'm going to test the new version 2.4.0 and I'll comment afterwards

EDIT2: As I said, I tested version 2.4.0 for a week and it's OK.
No scam. Sorry for the post, I was furious.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
facebook, frost, glass, open source, theme

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)