Post Reply Email Thread
30th March 2020, 03:55 PM |#21  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 159

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nx Biotic

That won't happen because this launcher uses a different style and approach to the launcher scene. The most customization you will do in this launcher is color scheme and icon theming

So importing app icons on the homescreen also cant happen? I mean nova can do that.
Thanks anyway, would have loved to move to this one, but might pass this.
Great work on the UI though! I loved it.
30th March 2020, 04:41 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,111

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by surya467

So importing app icons on the homescreen also cant happen? I mean nova can do that.
Thanks anyway, would have loved to move to this one, but might pass this.
Great work on the UI though! I loved it.

Nova is also based on launcher2/3 source code and any launcher based on that code can do many backwards compatible things. This launcher cannot as its built from scratch. I will look at a possible conversion tool in the future that could do some sort of backport of some data but not all of it. Not a priority atm.

Thank you for the feedback on the UI design. I appreciate it.
31st March 2020, 10:19 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
The recent updated build i released in the telegram group and gdrive seems to have fixed the random first start crash if anyone encountered it. Crash was being caused by the launcher widget view class i created incorrectly calling context and crashing specific firmware to fail start.
I also added a toggle to disable crash logging as it turned down performance abit by default. You can re-enable this in the developer settings category. I also tweaked the app drawer abit so it updated more accurately when updating/removing packages.

Were making good progress in the pre beta so thank you to those who are putting in alot of feedback. Its gonna help for the playstore beta release.
1st April 2020, 10:11 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Small update today for Pre-Beta
-Sytem UI theming fixes (Oreo+ specific fixes)
-Click Events better handled by launcher (Detects if user is wanting to launch an app or send data to app sheet)
-Added option to trigger light or dark mode
-Added better support for light n dark mode in app sheets
-Minor launcher performance fixes in background
-Prepping support for groups sheet
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nx Biotic Ad-Free
4th April 2020, 04:57 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
New Build this weekend.

Ive started working on Groups but nothing functional for the public yet. The Search Sheet is starting to take form and is now testable. Open the Search Sheet , type in something to search and click the google icon to search globally or the playstore icon to search for an app on the playstore. Any searches made will be kept in a list below. clicking on a recent search will throw it in the searchbar. long click on a recent search to delete it. I will be adding app support later on.

Icons have been reworked to use a new scaling system, your icons will look very weird after this update so fix em up in the themes and styles settings.

Launcher badges will now be dismissed from the statusbar (hopefully).

Icons will now be default style on first start. Adaptive icon scale will be smaller by default.

(Remember, if your testing V2 pre beta, it is not available on xda labs or google play yet. You must manually install it from the gdrive link or telegram group. There is alot of confusion right now but all you have todo is read carefully.)

Small bug is the Search history in search sheet is picking up notifications for some reason. Not a whole biggy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nx Biotic Ad-Free
4th April 2020, 05:04 PM |#26  
Flag pasadena
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
i am going to test this on this sunday!
The Following User Says Thank You to myself3339 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift myself3339 Ad-Free
5th April 2020, 11:37 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Small update tonight to fix crashes caused by notifications trying to find a badge to dismiss when the package didn't exist.

Made really good headway this week guys, thank you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nx Biotic Ad-Free
12th April 2020, 04:37 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nx Biotic

Small update today for Pre-Beta
-Sytem UI theming fixes (Oreo+ specific fixes)
-Click Events better handled by launcher (Detects if user is wanting to launch an app or send data to app sheet)
-Added option to trigger light or dark mode
-Added better support for light n dark mode in app sheets
-Minor launcher performance fixes in background
-Prepping support for groups sheet

Still my Oreo restart it's System UI on launching GCA PRE BETA V2 (12). Very curious to run this launcher.
Waiting for update with fix.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to vpguru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vpguru Ad-Free
12th April 2020, 08:28 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpguru

Still my Oreo restart it's System UI on launching GCA PRE BETA V2 (12). Very curious to run this launcher.
Waiting for update with fix.

Thanks

I would very much like you to join the telegram channel so you can share with me a log if you can get one. Im trying to get GCA V2 on the playstore by may but i need these problems fixed before than. Thank you for the report
16th April 2020, 01:21 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Latest Pre beta changes
-Users can now resize their homescreen widget by long pressing on it and drag the resize handle. Height value will save to homescreen database.
-Icons should now size correctly on install
-Attribouter updated
-Swipe gestures added to shelf searchbar
-Double tap and Swipe Gesture can now be customized
-Double Tap can be binded to device sleep
-Introducing Groups Beta
*Add an App Group by navigating to the Groups Manager Settings from the Group Sheet or Launcher settings. Click the add Group button and label your new group. Click on the group to add apps to the group. Long click your group for a menu.
*Long click a group in your sheet to edit the list
*Click on a Group in the sheet to view your list.
*Click outside of the Group list to exit or back interface
-Users can now fine tune the app drawer to be a one step swipe instead of 2
-Drawer Indicator pulses when expanded
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)