Donate to Me
More
Maintenance uodate last night
-Touched up the launcher intro scrim
-Properly dismiss launcher drawer on startup
-More app drawer expand dismiss transition animation fixes
-Changes to the changelog to load faster
-Code cleanup
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nx Biotic Ad-Free
30th April 2020, 05:02 PM |#42  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,140

Donate to Me
More
I plan to launch GCA Launcher V2 on Google play in may so right now im focusing on cleaning up and optimization. Any features i had planned and didn't get to will be put off till a later date and improve on what we currently have.

Once GCA V2 has been published on the playstore, Pledges should initialize for outer country users and ratings will play a big role in development. Im also watching bug reports as everyone submits them. Google play dev console will help me locate the bugs that are hiding but id like to get the majority of them knocked down before publishing.

Next on my list is to tune up the launcher settings abit in the pre beta. I feel their are a few options that would play a bigger game if they had more options available and/or had a real time preview of what your tinkering with.

Translation will begin shortly after publishing on Google play. Just need to see where the application is being used the most and prioritize the languages needed. A community translation project will start later.

Thank you xda developers and surrounding community members for a successful beta launch. More to come!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nx Biotic Ad-Free
3rd May 2020, 01:25 PM |#43  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
New build for the weekend (calling it close!)
-New icon pack picker activity will replace the icon pack picker preference. Still a work in process but works. Will lead to icon packs being hidden from the app drawer soon. Manage icon packs with the activity menu and click the header to refresh icons with the current launcher applied icon pack.
-Launcher apps database and listener upgraded to be more accurate and precise with drawer and groups management.
-Launcher performance tweaks
-Under the hood changes for new tweaks soon
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nx Biotic Ad-Free
8th May 2020, 04:33 AM |#45  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Nearing our final open betas

New build! In this build, we are nearing a playstore release with some final touches to styling and last minute tweaks.
-Fixed an issue that may cause crashes when restarting the launcher
-Revised all custom preferences to theme properly with color schemes and system theme
-Decreased padding in app drawer respective to statusbar
-Removed Sheets in Launcher Menu that are not available yet
-Launcher Menu now has an expand option to hide system actions when not needed.
-Users can now toggle which app actions they want available. This can be toggled in the General settings
-If there are less than 4 app actions available in an app sheet, actions Fastscroll buttons are removed
-Minor touch ups to color scheming
-Smooth AppSheet transition
-Updated dependencies
-Updated Google Firebase cloud messaging issue
-Under the hood maintenance
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nx Biotic Ad-Free
10th May 2020, 07:06 PM |#46  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
I plan to publish GCA Launcher V2 on the beta channel of Google Play and xda labs by tomorrow. I will update the OP with further details once publish. There are a handful of things we need to focus on first before moving forward with new features i have planned.

Thank you all to those who participated
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nx Biotic Ad-Free
11th May 2020, 10:41 PM |#47  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
GCA Launcher V2 open beta is bow available on XDA Labs.

The google play release is still pending and may take some time.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nx Biotic Ad-Free
12th May 2020, 03:12 PM |#48  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
V2 open beta is now available on Google Play. Ive updated the op download link to navigate users to google play.

If you join the telegram channel (news channel or discussion channel, you will be an insider and have updates first)

Business as usual. I will monitor the builds on the console for a week and improve on what we have. I will continue todo this until we are satisfied and bugs arw majority cleared. Once that phase is over, we will continue onto new roadmap features.

Right now, its all about improving on what we have right now. Widgets, app actions, app sheets, menus, customization, icons, day/night modes, color schemes, shapes, all of it. If you find anything that could be improved on or want to see more of, please speak up.
15th May 2020, 01:48 AM |#49  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Small hotfix update tonight, focused on a few issues i see hitting new users.
-Fixed a handful of NullPointerExceptions that affected the QSB, Groups, Shelf and Settings interface
-Moved Settings categories around and added Menu as a new Category for upcoming personalization
-Groups now automatically color themselves by letter (will have custom options later)
-Improved the Rate Bottomsheet with improved gui and added a pledge button (Later to only discover after release its broken... So i will fix this in the next hotfix)
17th May 2020, 06:10 PM |#50  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
No update this weekend other than the hotfix updates i published over the week to fix issues the playstore had brought to my attention. Just ran outa time this weekend to get to anything new.

I am working on some new actions for gestures and a few other cool ideas to improve on pre existing features. I still have about 5 pages of ideas and features in my blueprints to still implement but how to approach these ideas are still blank.

Im seeing ALOT of you taking pledges seriously over the weekend which made me think doing the weekend discounted pledge option was a really good idea. A big applause goes out to those users taking the system seriously. Pledges are what made V2 happen. Imagine were everything will be at one point because of pledges in V2. Its a free app and Pledges are what feul income for development. You don't earn anything with pledges but the fact knowing that im taking all feedback seriously, working on this project on my own time and answering support emails left and right solo is rewarding to see that income roll in. Its hard to get a rewarding income system built for a launcher. That's why we see alot of the premium launchers hault updates because of a lack of keys being purchased or see development targeting a whole new project to support income of another project.

I have alot more up my sleeve so stay tuned and keep the feedback coming!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nx Biotic Ad-Free
20th May 2020, 01:19 AM |#51  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
A new feature in development. Can anyone take a guess?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200518_215031_463.jpg
Views:	742
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	5022699  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)