[APP][5.0+] GCA Launcher V2 OPEN-BETA

1,574 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,111

Post Reply Email Thread
24th June 2020, 04:22 AM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Hi,

I am unable to install the app from Google play and also from xda labs.

I am using android 11 Beta 1 on Pixel4
Attached screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200623-221506.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	5046867  
24th June 2020, 10:14 AM |#62  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiniwings

Hi,

I am unable to install the app from Google play and also from xda labs.

I am using android 11 Beta 1 on Pixel4
Attached screenshot.

This is very interesting. Il have to investigate this.
24th June 2020, 10:06 PM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 166

More
I'm really liking the launcher, it's by far the one launcher I find that actually brings a new approach to the already same same launcher scene. I tried to install it It worked but it's a bit buggy and it keeps lagging tons, I have a oneplus 7t open beta 5 and have tried several other launchers and they all work just fine. I'm really excited to see how your project evolves. Thank you for your work!
The Following User Says Thank You to lil_kujo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lil_kujo Ad-Free
24th June 2020, 10:38 PM |#64  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_kujo

I'm really liking the launcher, it's by far the one launcher I find that actually brings a new approach to the already same same launcher scene. I tried to install it It worked but it's a bit buggy and it keeps lagging tons, I have a oneplus 7t open beta 5 and have tried several other launchers and they all work just fine. I'm really excited to see how your project evolves. Thank you for your work!

Im actually upset to hear that it's laggy, Especially on a one plus device. If you could share a video sometime on here or the telegram channel demonstrating, id be very appreciative.

Im really happy to hear this kinda feedback. Very much appreciative. Gives me positive vibes im in the right direction.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nx Biotic Ad-Free
25th June 2020, 02:24 AM |#65  
Thanks Meter: 166

More
I will definitely record a video and send it to the telegram group. Thank you very much.
The Following User Says Thank You to lil_kujo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lil_kujo Ad-Free
29th June 2020, 11:59 PM |#66  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Todays update is part 2 of the june update. This update includes the following features

Restore Points (Backup and Restore)
-Users can now make backups of their homescreen setups and wallpaper (optional) and restore them. Users may share them amongst one another as no personal data is included in GCA Launcher. Backups are stored in the apps private directory. If a user creates a backup and than uninstalls GCA, be aware, its considered cache data thus will be deleted with the app by the system so be sure to make a cloud or internal memory. Cloud backup has also been enabled (tho not sure of its working fully yet).
-Backups are stored as zip files so users can easily modify and manage their backups. If making a custom back, follow the zips format.
-Restore a backup in the private directory by typing in the name of the backup in the restore dialog excluding the file extension.
-A better gui will be created in the 2.1 update

Adaptive Launch Screens
-Users can now enable in the general settings adaptive launch screens. Similar to Action Launchers Adaptive Zoom, Adaptive Launch screens are very similar. Its experimental yet but i feel il be able to build on it. The launch screen will create a splash screen upon opening an app using the app icon. Their is no minimal requirement.

Maintenance
-Lots of upkeep going on

Cheers everyone and keep the pledges going. Your donations feul these really cool enhancements that are coming.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nx Biotic Ad-Free
Yesterday, 01:25 PM |#67  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Part 3 of the june update is almost done (besides the fact its july now). I had to separate this update into parts due to delay reasons and testing.

This update is focusing on in depth control of homescreen theming and personalization of adaptive launch screens.

I will be blocking android 11 users past this update as ive discovered the launcher is no way ready for the update yet. Lots of problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nx Biotic Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)