* fixed thumbnail sometimes appears in wrong size in player bottom sheet.
* can search author in search to filter the list
* option to sort by author and filename
* option to display filename, directory and author in downloads (from menu)
* fixed: very long time to scroll playlist on resume.
* option to share url from downloads
* add related video suggestions to the queue when playing single video
* shuffle the playlist if no video is currently playing from list
* loads current video if playlist is empty/fails
* shows loading playlist snackbar when loading playlist for audio player.
* volume buttons always control media volume in app
* internal improvements related to seeking
* fixed bitmap ram management ram in background service
* performance improvements
* ability to find related videos when loading links for video
added youtube mix playlist support.
fixed weird symbols in playlist video titles.
improved palette color caching.
crash and bug fixes.
filter by type: audio, video, all downloads
added shuffle mode.
show progress bar in download list, added size while downloading.
added sorting by file size
option to play videos in internal player
media session bug fix. loads wallpaper correctly on newer devices. (lollipop+)
bug fix: preference screen crash.
fixed one AdView was being shown after removal.
fixed full screen issue on older devices (< kitkat)
fixed sorting by name, ignores case.
fixed issue when search menu disappears on click overflow menu when expanded
bug fix: Made subtitles non fatal. If server fails to give subs (not avail)
added preference not to fetch subtitles at all. Saves time, bandwidth
doesn’t show buffered position in progress bar, on resuming app, if file is local.
fixed: playlist taking really long time to smooth scroll
improved audio player seeking by user while file buffering.
load audio player progress on resuming app, if media service is killed correctly.
added menu options to goto webpage and share url in player bottom sheet.
hides or show audio player bottom sheet from notification appropriately.
- added ability to search and sort download list with some design changes.
- reengineered download list to enable searching. this also improve caching and ram management, optimized database performance.
- bug fix: when download wasn’t getting paused from download list.
- video player no longer needs retry button on error.
- improved browser's url sharing via nfc.
- when audio is played, audios above the item are also included in queue.
- improved main activity's startup handling: restore state correctly, loads shared messages better.
- some minor bug fixes.
- change log:
- when played incomplete download (or file moved from disk), it will stream instead with a toast message.
- doesn’t add incomplete downloads to queue when any file is played.
- can now play live events, dash mpds in audio mode.
- remove headphone pauses playback. it’s no longer noisy.
- disable ‘+’ notification button when file can’t be downloaded (usually live events, or when playing dash mpd if ‘include dash mpd’ setting is off).
- show error in notifications, if failed to add download using ‘+’ button.
- when streamed from browser, play downloaded file when available.
- show snack bar above peeked player sheet.
- fixed some crashes (new download’s snack bar, fragment’s web view)
- fixed sign in button did’t appear on all displays.
- fixed issue when double click was required to open directory selection box in new download window.
- show media duration in downloads list.
- added media controls, playlist manager in bottom sheet.
- made the '+' button working in audio player notification to download current audio instantly.
- the audio files can now be played in internal player on Android 16+ (Jelly Bean), which will also add all audio files in queue/playlist.
- improved overall statbility of audio player.
- simplified new download formats list. added switch to show all formats.
- added sign in shortcut in sidebar.
- added option to remove banner ads by watching rewarded video.
- added home button in browser.
- improved playlist download parsing and error handling.
- saves previously entered format list while downloading playlist.
- fixed issue: download progress notification now doesn't gets grouped with other notifications.
- downloads list:
- bug fix: correctly removes files from system media library after deleting file(s)
- removed card view (the cards shouldn’t be used with something like download list)
- added picture in picture mode (android 8+ oreo)
- new controls ui
- added gesture controls. horizontal swipe to seek, volume control vertically
- shows preview thumbnail while seeking using seek bar
- added live video streaming support
- selects subtitle correctly of device language (if available)
- enabled multi-window support
- made from scratch
- enabled proper notification on oreo
- added playlists support (can process whole youtube playlist in background)
- note: playlist can only be traversed using notification. seeking and playlist ui is wip
- added floating action buttons to quickly start streaming
- long press links on webpage to copy, share links or to download video
- improved browser video player fullscreen handling, now it plays in landscape mode by default.
- new autoplay disabling method (experimental. tested on device with chrome powered webview)
- improved swipe down to reload (less accidental reloads now)
- added options for link sharing when long pressed links in browser
- added option to set current page as homepage
- better page rendering of desktop version webpage
- multi-window support
- restore the browser history stack when config changes or app restarts
- removed long press back to go home tip
new download dialog:
- improved new download handling, shows error if filename is invalid while entering
- option to change directory by browsing through dialog box
- auto selects subtitle of device language, or if unavailable, selects last manually selected (secondary language)
- remembers if “don’t download subtitles” is manually select
- better audio error handling
- added notification channels support
- added “stop all” action in download progress notification
- colored player notification based on artwork on oreo
- revamped player notification on android 4.4 and lower
- added live video streaming support
- better dash manifests handling
- bug fix: better deciphering of all links
- performance improvements
- improved audio bitrate parsing, it doesn’t normally uses hardcoded bitrates
- shows more user-friendly errors
- displays specific error on rental video downloading
- added HDR support
- bug fix: recognize stereo 3d videos correctly
- prepared app for translation
- Adaptive streaming bug fix.
- Added ability to play music in background
- New experimental “disable autoplay” feature which is faster (which also disables web player on newer androids)
- Long pressing back button in browser will now take you to the first page
- Full screen mode while playing video in exo player
- Now able to stream videos that don’t have separate dash mpd
- Added automatic playlist downloader
- Fixed issue when video sometimes doesn't has audio while streaming
- stream video and audio using exoplayer
- new start download ui: you can select audio and subtitle at same place, change filename, change download location and add it to start later.
- removed confusing play/stop icons used for start all/stop all downloads in action bar
- added option to start url in external app from in-app browser (so you can jump to YouTube app or to default app set for *youtube.com urls)
- share browser’s current url using nfc
- hide fab when reached bottom in browser
- fixed “autoplay feature” for videos in playlist
- save autoplay menu state
- added playlist support. For now it just parse it and show all video ids. They need to manually started. Thinking of nice way to automate it as we don’t have available formats in advance (of “Loading video info…”)
- Fix mux error when app is in external storage.
- Fixed color of browser toolbar progress on pre-lollipop devices.
- Trimmed down apk size.
- Fixed crash on resuming the app.
- Added Autoplay menu option in browser.
- Added stop button in browser.
- Added option 'Open webpage' in downloaded video menu to visit source page.
- Displays current URL and title in web browser toolbar.
- Fixed Mux error on some devices.
- Fixed signature decipher error.
- Fixed bugs with FFmpeg (Mux errors on some devices).
- Updated libraries and binaries.
- Fixed sometimes PopUp menu doesn’t work properly (Pause Download).
- Added Android Nougat Support (Notification and More).
- Better Runtime Permission handling.
- New UI, used Navigation Bar, allows more space for Browser (The URL can be changed in ActionBar in future releases).
- Added more controls in Browser (Refresh, Forward, Share Page).
- Added ProgressBar in Browser.
- Opens Browser when shared a link rather than start download.
- New download finished Notification icon.
- Added manual ‘Check For Update’ option in About Dialog.
- And other minor UI improvements…
- Fixed MUX error when app is moved to sd card.
- Fixed crashes at app start-up.
- Bug fix: Sharing link from YouTube app (or from anywhere) to GetTube sometimes does't work.
- Added Android 6.0 support.
- Improved UI, tabbed browser for easier navigation.
- No longer shows and blocks Browser with Dialog.
- Enabled full screen video mode in Browser
- Improved YouTube link extraction.
- Added subtitle support.
- Fixed minor downloader bugs.
- Temporarily removed in-app progress bar.
- Bug fix: specified no. of threads weren't running in multithread mode.
- Now select audio dialog is not shown when only one audio is available for dash (*) videos.
- Bug fix: pieces weren't downloading in sequel.
- Youtube signature decipher patch.
- Added resume all feature.
- Bug fix: Download starts but didn't show up in the list when started from inbuilt browser.
- Improved downloader: in Smart multithreading mode, most lagging thread get help from finished one, instead of whichever comes first.
- UI Updates.
- Inbuilt app update downloader.
- When dash video is selected, only compatible audios are shown, this may fix MUX_ERRORS when incompatible audio is selected.
- Improved downloader, fix errors when range not supported.
- improved launcher icon.
- Minor bug fixes.