[APP] Glimpse Notifications

1,101 posts
Thanks Meter: 783

By xrad, Senior Member on 23rd April 2015, 12:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd May 2015, 12:41 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Just tested update to 1.3.2 with phone lying on desk, sensor uncoverd.

First E-Mail arrives, Display on.

Later, i switched display manually off after using Facebook and WhatsApp. A few seconds later E-Mail arrives, display didn't get on.

Going back to 1.2 until it's clear what causes this.

Maybe i should write how i think this should work:

Notification arrives, display is off, sensor uncoverd => display should light up immediately, unless App is blacklisted/not whitelisted, even display was switched off 5 seconds ago.

3rd May 2015, 12:45 PM |#112  
OP Senior Member
The Internet

More
https://plus.google.com/+NullgradApps/posts/7TH2JQmbBxg
3rd May 2015, 05:38 PM |#113  
OP Senior Member
The Internet

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfy82

Just tested update to 1.3.2 with phone lying on desk, sensor uncoverd.

First E-Mail arrives, Display on.

Later, i switched display manually off after using Facebook and WhatsApp. A few seconds later E-Mail arrives, display didn't get on.

Going back to 1.2 until it's clear what causes this.

Maybe i should write how i think this should work:

Notification arrives, display is off, sensor uncoverd => display should light up immediately, unless App is blacklisted/not whitelisted, even display was switched off 5 seconds ago.

Should be fixed with 1.3.4.
The Following User Says Thank You to xrad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xrad Ad-Free
3rd May 2015, 06:54 PM |#114  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up
Hi Thanks for the great effort! Is there any possibility to include an Setting "Light up display only when charger connected". That would be superior. It'll save energy while on the go and makes it comfortable at home when mobile is in docking. Thanks anyway.
3rd May 2015, 07:53 PM |#115  
OP Senior Member
The Internet

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eum

Hi Thanks for the great effort! Is there any possibility to include an Setting "Light up display only when charger connected". That would be superior. It'll save energy while on the go and makes it comfortable at home when mobile is in docking. Thanks anyway.

I put it on the list. I don't know if and when though.
3rd May 2015, 09:47 PM |#116  

More
1.3.4 and still not working

Phone lying on desk, connected to charger. Facebook notify arrived, nothing. Display stays off. Had to swype over sensor to activate the display.

Back to 1.2 again...
4th May 2015, 08:09 AM |#117  
OP Senior Member
The Internet

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfy82

Phone lying on desk, connected to charger. Facebook notify arrived, nothing. Display stays off. Had to swype over sensor to activate the display.

Maybe you have missed my PM the other day, so I'll ask again: are you up for some debugging? If so, then I'll give you a debug enabled version to trace down the issue.

And one more thing: for self protection GN will NOT react on notifications from the same source that come faster than 3 seconds. So it may depend on how active you are on FB...
4th May 2015, 08:58 AM |#118  

More
Sorry, didn't received your PM. Private Messaging is enabled

Yes, im up for debugging to hunt this bug down

I know, there must be a protection, in this case the phone was sleeping for about over 30 minutes before the FB Notify arrived.
4th May 2015, 09:56 AM |#119  
Thanks Meter: 126

More
I just want to be able to turn on the screen by swiping my hand over the proximity sensor whenever there's still a whitelisted app notification pending (viewed or not before). What should I do with the repocketing detection option? I've activated it and set the timeout to 10000000 seconds... It's working as expected, but I don't really know very well why... :P
4th May 2015, 10:49 AM |#120  
OP Senior Member
The Internet

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeQuEsan

I just want to be able to turn on the screen by swiping my hand over the proximity sensor whenever there's still a whitelisted app notification pending (viewed or not before). What should I do with the repocketing detection option? I've activated it and set the timeout to 10000000 seconds... It's working as expected, but I don't really know very well why... :P

Read this, young Padawan.
4th May 2015, 10:51 AM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrad

Read this, young Padawan.

I did it right before posting... and I still don't understand it completely. That's why I tried to expose my user case so you can explain based on it.

Thanks a lot, Yoda.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)