Post Reply Email Thread
23rd April 2015, 10:03 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 355

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrad

Download now and enoy:
Google Play Store

Can you please provide the APK for those who doesn't have Play Store installed?
I would like to try your app on a Moto G 2013 running Cyanogenmod 12.1 (that doesn't have Ambient display enabled ).

Thanks in advance

-Sent from my Nokia 3320

24th April 2015, 08:45 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thumbs up
Well, I have to say, this is a great app. The only thing it needs is the black list feature, that would really create a full circle of usability and applicability.
Keep up the great work..
The Following User Says Thank You to nucleone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nucleone Ad-Free
24th April 2015, 09:54 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member
The Internet
Thanks Meter: 781

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucleone

Well, I have to say, this is a great app. The only thing it needs is the black list feature, that would really create a full circle of usability and applicability.
Keep up the great work..

Thanks. Well, as a matter of fact I started out with having a black list and found that to be less useful than just marking the few notification sources I'm actually interested in (like Mail, SMS, WA). I'll think about throwing in a switch to configure black/white list behaviour, but it's not top of the list TBH.
The Following User Says Thank You to xrad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xrad Ad-Free
24th April 2015, 01:22 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
The Internet

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJFox78

only problem I found is that pocket detection doesn't work on my Samsung Galaxy S6

Big oops here - I just realized that for the testing notification, I skip all the other checks because I figured it would confuse people if the other other filters prevented the test. Turns out the way I did it it confused us all. I'm going to change that in the next version (which is taking shape).
The Following User Says Thank You to xrad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xrad Ad-Free
24th April 2015, 01:26 PM |#15  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 184

More
Quote:

Big oops here - I just realized that for the testing notification, I skip all the other checks because I figured it would confuse people if the other other filters prevented the test. Turns out the way I did it it confused us all. I'm going to change that in the next version (which is taking shape).

I tried it out with a "real" notification (by sending myself an email)... still the screen turns on with the proximity sensor being covered
24th April 2015, 03:10 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

Thanks. Well, as a matter of fact I started out with having a black list and found that to be less useful than just marking the few notification sources I'm actually interested in (like Mail, SMS, WA). I'll think about throwing in a switch to configure black/white list behaviour, but it's not top of the list TBH.

Yeah, I can understand your point, but a black list, in addition to allowing users to block apps whose notifications they don't consider important/desirable, would also allow users to block out any app/process/service that Glimpse may report about, such as 'wireless networks available', you know, things from Android system or System UI, whose notifications just drain the battery without any real purpose.
But hey, it's just a suggestion, it's totally up to you what gets implemented.
Great app nevertheless..
24th April 2015, 04:18 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
The Internet

More
Just pushed a new version: https://plus.google.com/105721704336...ts/2rMtKQSLgu1

Let's see what Pandora's Box I have opened with the new Unpocket mode!

Enjoy!
24th April 2015, 04:24 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
The Internet

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moralesnery

Can you please provide the APK for those who doesn't have Play Store installed?

I added a download link in the OP.
24th April 2015, 06:33 PM |#19  
Delhi
Thanks Meter: 159

More
Nice app...working great... 😊👍
Could it be possible that instead of whole screen being lit up, only the area where notification is shown is lit up in black and white color? Just like active display ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mj2789 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mj2789 Ad-Free
24th April 2015, 06:37 PM |#20  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 184

More
Quote:

Just pushed a new version: https://plus.google.com/105721704336...ts/2rMtKQSLgu1

Let's see what Pandora's Box I have opened with the new Unpocket mode!

Enjoy!

great work, pocket mode detection works now!

the new unpocked mode is great as well, thanks a lot!

I just left a 5-stars review and some kind words in the app store, it's the least one can do!
The Following User Says Thank You to MJFox78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MJFox78 Ad-Free
24th April 2015, 07:00 PM |#21  
Flag Kerala
Thanks Meter: 284

More
Great idea. But unfortunately, not working for me. Running 5.1 on my xperia m.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)